Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help How good is the match engine?

SaintPaul

Hi, I'm an FM Touch player, trying to get back into FMM 

Just wondering if the match engine accurately takes player's stats into account etc? I. I'm struggling to tell, without a 3d match 

I tested out wingers, and couldn't see any difference between one with a rating of 15 in pace, and another who's rating was 8

Edited by SaintPaul

For me who used to play the PC version its pretty good. Well I don’t know about pace because the 2D match looks like marbles hitting each other, but other stats do reflect to the game just take a look at the players’ stats during the match thats where you can see whether the player’s stats really reflect to the game or not.

9 hours ago, Rehans said:

For me who used to play the PC version its pretty good. Well I don’t know about pace because the 2D match looks like marbles hitting each other, but other stats do reflect to the game just take a look at the players’ stats during the match thats where you can see whether the player’s stats really reflect to the game or not.

Thanks I'll have another look 

I just assumed that you'd see slower or faster movements on the 2d pitch, in relation to pace 

The player with lower stats played a full 90 minutes, in a friendly against a team 3 divisions higher, and couldn't see any deterioration in his performance, or compared to other wingers that I measured him against 

Your tactics will affect this. If you play a system where you dominate possesion, or your opponent sits back and doesn't leave space in behind, opportunities to use high pace will be limited. 

6 hours ago, hhooo said:

Your tactics will affect this. If you play a system where you dominate possesion, or your opponent sits back and doesn't leave space in behind, opportunities to use high pace will be limited. 

I know what you mean, but the match I kept an eye on the older winger, was a friendly, in which the opponents were 3 divisions higher. He played the full 90 minutes, and showed absolutely no fatigue. That wasn't the first friendly either