Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Possession and Shots = No Goals

CJ_Randell

I've started my first game on FMM22 with Leeds. 

I'll post screenshots of my tactics, but the issue I'm having is that I'm dominating possession and having lots of shots, although more around the edge of the area rather than in the 6 yard box, but I'm not scoring many goals. 

I feel like my player roles are quite balanced, wing backs get forward to cross, my inverted wingers seem to neither offer creative or goalscoring threat but I don't like the movement of an Inside Forward. My AP rarely provides my PF with chances, and my PF has about 6 touches per game. 

On paper this tactic should work, on the field it works to a point. But I can't seem to create anything decent in front of goal. 

Could anybody suggest where I might be going wrong? 

Screenshot_20211109-094625.thumb.png.aa4eb477f7dd8d58f2d878643b09d0ab.png

Screenshot_20211109-094634.thumb.png.6860ab1eb9c89485794283c6d81489a5.png

Screenshot_20211109-094644.thumb.png.6904977b02ecbc813c822c1212b29bb0.png

Screenshot_20211109-094705.thumb.png.1cf3282a7ed5759e67fe2228200ca349.png

Screenshot_20211109-094734.thumb.png.1238a2c4248cc7ec10857f933fc4f408.png

Screenshot_20211109-094742.thumb.png.6943653b8da32eb503768c060119d516.png

I haven’t played too much yet but from what I’ve seen, I’d maybe go for a CM by the side of the DLP so you have someone just sitting there. I’m always a big fan of run at defence, it helps create more space and chances. I also would probably not go high and offside trap. Other than that I think it’s a good looking set up 👍

Just now, Rich said:

I haven’t played too much yet but from what I’ve seen, I’d maybe go for a CM by the side of the DLP so you have someone just sitting there. I’m always a big fan of run at defence, it helps create more space and chances. I also would probably not go high and offside trap. Other than that I think it’s a good looking set up 👍

Run at defence could be a good option, I would have expected my IW's to do that naturally as part of their player roles, but they seem reluctant. There's been a few opportunities to have a good counter attack squandered by them standing still until the opposition are back in their defensive shape. 

You don't really have attacking players in the box. The pressing forward is not primaliry aimed at scoring, nor are the inverted wingers. An AP can be a threat in the box, but again his goal is creation rather than scoring. Swith to an advanced forward or poacher and change at least one winger to an inside forward and you'll probably see more attempts inside the box already.

You only have 1 attacking player in the field thats why. PF is more about creating space for others while IW they tend to make a cross to the box, so the only player who runs to the box in most attacking scenario is your AP.

Change your striker role or change the wingers to IF

i swap out the Pressing forward for either a poacher or an advanced forward.

you have 3 others available to create opportunities, but no one tasked with putting chances in.

Another thing to try is maybe to move from narrow to balanced or wide.  You have 4 players moving into the area, and if playing narrow, they'll crowd each other out

I tried some of the suggestions here. 

Changed my DLP to CM, changed the PF to AF and added Run at Defence. Things improved slightly, but not exactly as well as I'd hoped, however, my results have been really good. 

I decided to tweak formation to 523 as Bamford was out of form and Rodrigo wasn't a natural AP. 

After 2 games with this formation I've drawn 3-3 away to Chelsea and thumped Spurs 4-1 at Elland Road. 

Bamford scored 5 in these 2 games, so the early signs are promising. 

Team instructions are the same as the screenshots above, but with the following roles. 

GK

CD BPD CD

WB                     WB

DLP BBM

IF                          IF 

PF

On 09/11/2021 at 04:27, Jens said:

You don't really have attacking players in the box. The pressing forward is not primaliry aimed at scoring, nor are the inverted wingers. An AP can be a threat in the box, but again his goal is creation rather than scoring. Swith to an advanced forward or poacher and change at least one winger to an inside forward and you'll probably see more attempts inside the box already.

I think @broodje kip once said PF has the scoring ability of an AF?