Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Attacking SS 4-1-2-3 Record Setter

Disclaimer: This tactic has set several records that have been posted in the Vibe Store. This is not plug and play, you may need to make small adjustments to player roles to make it work for your team. Also, in game adjustments are required, you won't be able to just sit and watch most games. I hope the tactic is as good to you as it was to me.

1859492230_Screenshot_20211112-145510_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.8e77ad6c82398f84d200bd8b1fb2045b.jpg

1330959612_Screenshot_20211112-145740_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.b6de12bf934f517c5cf79720aa5d39a7.jpg

Philosophy: The idea behind this tactic is to send the forwards and SS behind the defensive line while using wing backs for overlap. Ultimately, to be very aggressive attacking but not concede goals. That being said, every time I increased the width, I conceded far more goals.

875317672_Screenshot_20211109-152842_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.a5e6b999d448e2a384429e2918d42c87.jpg

1711057249_Screenshot_20211109-152849_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.3e1808093ee94e763bc0866ae8f206f1.jpg

If you are confident in your defense you can set the mentality to attacking. The SS, RP, and BBM will be the focus of the attack with the IF scoring goals whenever the SS doesn't. Teamwork and stamina is also very important to make the tactic work.

2042857977_Screenshot_20211109-152854_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.1d56680b061ca4e1af520603af455b96.jpg

The High line is to interrupt your opponents possession, as dropping deeper gives them too much of the field. Feel free to change the tackling as needed. 

1417923901_Screenshot_20211109-152858_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.7a97dbf0198e8a2bc0fd0722ab6d828d.jpg

By default I don't use any final third instructions, instead I adjust them in game as needed. The passing style is mixed to be less predictable and to be able to move from defense to offense quicker. 

Passing Focus is set to mixed to be less predictable but I had some success with it set to middle.

As I said at the top, this is a work in progress and I'll be sharing my results as I go. 

Player Traits:

As a team you need a lot of stamina and teamwork. There's a lot of closing down and covering of space. The sooner relationships are established, the faster the tactic takes off.

WBs: Pace, Stamina, and crossing

CD: Decisons, Pace, Tackling, Aerial

BWM: Pace, Tackling, Passing, Decisions

RP: Passing, Stamina, Decisions

BBM: Stamina, Passing, Decisions, Aerial

IF: Pace, Shooting, Passing

SS: Pace, Aerial (if you don't have at least 3 strong headers), Shooting

FAQS

1) Tactic style doesn't matter

2) I tried using a Winger instead of IF on one of the flanks but it really hurt the goal scoring. 

3) The BBM can be changed to CM if you need to play more defensively

4) The best DMC I've found is one that can also play DC. This allowed me to change into a 3 man back line in times of need.

5) I don't know if this will work in lower leagues as I don't really play lower leagues. 

EDIT: 6) I have noticed that if you have a CD that likes to run with the ball through the middle (Van Dijk), it will cause some major issues against top clubs. It creates a big gap right through the middle.

7) If you feel as though you're conceding too many goals I would recommend taking the DMC and making him a 3rd DC. Change the mentality to attacking. And I've had luck making the middle CD a libero. I've been using this variation when facing 3 and sometimes 2 strikers.

Cheers and let me know what you've experienced with this tactic.

Edited by LostHorizons
13 hours ago, Gbuyiro Samuel said:

Is it working with Chelsea?

I am about to try it. The game reset all of my saves so I lost the bayern Munich save. Havertz is going to be my SS. The issue with being Chelsea is that it's harder to get Fabinho, Rodri, or Dias as my first choice DMC. But they do have very suitable options. I'll have a look and see what lineup I can come up with. 

Edited by LostHorizons
13 hours ago, Gbuyiro Samuel said:

Barring a miracle of cooperation from other clubs, which in this year's version isn't likely. (It's more realistic). This what my Chelsea team will look like. 1353538929_Screenshot_20211110-132135_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.de1e00b1c6197058096dc1bdef6ad9ba.jpg

Timo werner and Lukaku were used for bringing in some players that haven't signed yet. Also swapped kovacic and jorginho to inter for skriniar and bastoni. 

Without knowing the hidden attributes fully, Pau Torres (Villareal) and Jules Kounde (Sevilla) are good options as well with relatively low release clauses.

Edited by LostHorizons

I really like this set up as a) it’s very similar to the set up I used last season (played the majority of last season with a false 9), and b) it’s not too dissimilar to how Steve Cooper sets up at Forest - the only change I made was moving the DM to make 3 at the back (that’s how Cooper sets up) and obviously the SS replaces what in real life would be a normal striker.

I’d like to score more goals but that will come in time, and defensively very sound, so good work.

5D2E4B34-F6E7-4A2C-B436-AA266B162E95.thumb.png.97e91e8024f7c8e81a8e2ed99fbef9da.pngB0B3D2F1-6123-41FB-BB09-1ED7D0D449DA.thumb.png.5b1b5d4accfdbc92ddbfe936afc779f7.png

Edited by westyorksnffc
Spelling error
3 hours ago, westyorksnffc said:

I really like this set up as a) it’s very similar to the set up I used last season (played the majority of last season with a false 9), and b) it’s not too dissimilar to how Steve Cooper sets up at Forest - the only change I made was moving the DM to make 3 at the back (that’s how Cooper sets up) and obviously the SS replaces what in real life would be a normal striker.

I’d like to score more goals but that will come in time, and defensively very sound, so good work.

5D2E4B34-F6E7-4A2C-B436-AA266B162E95.thumb.png.97e91e8024f7c8e81a8e2ed99fbef9da.pngB0B3D2F1-6123-41FB-BB09-1ED7D0D449DA.thumb.png.5b1b5d4accfdbc92ddbfe936afc779f7.png

Glad to see that it's working for you so far. And thanks for the great feedback. There have been times I've dropped the DM down to make 3 at the back as well. 

On 09/11/2021 at 23:42, Gbuyiro Samuel said:

Here's an update of my season with Chelsea. I got distracted sorry. I have been alternating squads just about every other game. I keep 2 sets of 11.

Screenshot_20211111-230156_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Edited by LostHorizons
14 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

I must say so far this is really really good. This was a quick test but I am going to start a new career with this tactic. Well done!

1026120201_Screenshot_20211112-192147_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.743b463382983d9a12702b88a70f2aff.jpg

Thanks! Just a heads up, later in the season it has gotten harder to maintain my goal scoring since it seems FMM starts to screw with me. I recommend changing final third instructions from time to time. It seems to help keep the goals coming. But it could just be me. 

CHELSEA UPDATE!

I got frustrated with things a bit and went overboard on signing a few players so the transfer budget is unrealistic but looking back, it was unnecessary. The tactic would've been this successful regardless. 220577665_Screenshot_20211112-134049_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.f5505c18f932aa0bf8d3b6b7857b9c7e.jpgI'm disappointed that we conceded more than 10 goals so far.

I used this tactic with my first club on my epic save here:

Very effective immediately, with the defence being very solid. The attack struggles at times but i haven’t had much chance to upgrade yet. 

I didn't tweak much - if we're drawing at half-time I'll switch on Early Crosses and Shoot on Sight, just to get the ball nearer the goal, and if we're losing i switch on Committed tackling and Offside Trap and eventually Overload. But that's about it...

I really liked the flexibility with the "striker" (number 10) - none of my players caught fire there but a variety did a job, wingers, strikers or "proper" number 10's. I daresay this would be a great set up for Man City. 

So what amendments do you use @LostHorizons?

Set Pieces are huge for me. My defenders scored 30+ goals last season.

1747047986_Screenshot_20211115-234650_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.a1d275e5095ca756a1b209e19f736940.jpg

AML- is LOA

AMC/FC- Attack Near Post. 

WBL and WBR swap roles on the other side

@Mr Tree it is deadly with Man City. Especially with Foden as the AMC. Chelsea can pull it off too.

Edited by LostHorizons

I absolutely love this tactic. Haaland scored soooo many goals. I can't tell you how many as I saved over it, but he scored something like 4 or 5 hat tricks in a row at one stage.

This tactic looks interesting..might give it a try.But my question is,how much are player roles(and traits) important? For example,if i have lets say Anchor on dmc..should it be BWM as u mentioned above? Or to sell anchor and buy dmc with bwm prefered? Im asking this,because i got striker,with recommended *Poacher,and when i went into /training/traits i saw that he has 2 green on TF,while only 1 green on Poacher..so i played games from then as TF and he started getting goals...still dont understand that role/trait mechanism well..

Edited by Dekileo

If the player is a good anchor then they would make a good enough bwm. The roles determine how a player will play. Just because they are suited for TF doesn't mean they won't make a good P. That being said...my tactic doesn't use a striker in the FC position. Only a shadow striker in AMC. 

On 16/11/2021 at 06:48, LostHorizons said:

Set Pieces are huge for me. My defenders scored 30+ goals last season.

1747047986_Screenshot_20211115-234650_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.a1d275e5095ca756a1b209e19f736940.jpg

AML- is LOA

AMC/FC- Attack Near Post. 

WBL and WBR swap roles on the other side

@Mr Tree it is deadly with Man City. Especially with Foden as the AMC. Chelsea can pull it off too.

You don't pick a Distribition way? 🤔

10 hours ago, LostHorizons said:

If the player is a good anchor then they would make a good enough bwm. The roles determine how a player will play. Just because they are suited for TF doesn't mean they won't make a good P. That being said...my tactic doesn't use a striker in the FC position. Only a shadow striker in AMC. 

So,if i have AMC with preferred role AP,i should give it try as SS?

8 hours ago, Titjes said:

You don't pick a Distribition way? 🤔

No I don't. The reason for this is so that the opponent doesn't just defend the near post. With all my best headers up there, it's almost assured that a good option is used. 

4 hours ago, Dekileo said:

So,if i have AMC with preferred role AP,i should give it try as SS?

It depends on who that player is and their stats. Someone like Havertz makes a great AP and SS. But Pedri would struggle as a SS.

Yes,its all about attributes which make some player suited for some role..But always can train player to another role..so if u train him as SS he will mostly get points in attributes valuable for SS.Btw i tried this tactic with Parma..currently 1st in Serie B..only with players i had.For 2 losses I blame Buffon,as he concede 2 goals from their 2 shots.Also i mixed midfield a bit,this setup with another u posted - DMC as BWM,1st CM as RP,2nd CM as BBM vs DMC as RP and both CMs as BBM..and i find 1st setup works better..also tried with man marking few games,but doesnt have much impact,only i make less shots on goal.Cheers

2 hours ago, Muhtesem said:

Don't use game editor to injure opposing team players lol.

Otherwise, it is impossible to concede only 5 goals in a season.

Is certainly possible without an editor! In previous FMM versions I regularly had seasons with a comparable number of goals against and virtually no injuries. It's possible!