Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Attacking SS 4-1-2-3 Record Setter

16 minutes ago, Phil45 said:

I thought Greenwood didn't score more cos of his Arial then tried CR7 it was worse..

I would really love to try out United again. And hopefully it works this time out.

Speaking about Messi, From the saves I have played, I found out that AI rarely uses Messi. Is this just to me or experienced by all?

Cheers mate!! Welldone sir

The best corner tactics i've found so far was one from the 47 unbeaten run tactic.

The setup obviously doesn't belong to me but i'll leave it here for you to try.

- 1 CD attacking far post. 1 CD attacking near post. AMC/CF marking keeper. 2 CM lurking outside area. Everyone else to stay back. 
- Far post delivery on both sides. If possible use inswinger takers (left footed taking the right corner and right footed on the left). Obviously the delivery man has to be one of them set to stay back (wing backs often have really good crossing).

- Its not the most consistent routine but you'll have games where u will score 4 just from corners or even score goals indirectly from corners.

- Left and right free kicks are set to best header with AMC/CF and 1 CD marking the keeping. You can put only 1 of them to mark keeper and the other going forward but 2 works too and i have scored quite a lot of goals from these routines, prolly over 40 goals a season.

Btw your CD attacking the FP is the one scoring the goals, your amc will get a handful aswel, but mainly the FP CD, so make sure they have decent decision and atleast 17 aerial ability.

Finally, its worth noting that i play attacking instead of control and sometimes changing to disciplined instead of balanced can encourage your backline to stop being floppy.

Edited by huehue
2 minutes ago, huehue said:

The best corner tactics i've found so far was one from the 47 unbeaten run tactic.

The setup obviously doesn't belong to me but i'll leave it here for you to try.

- 1 CD attacking far post. 1 CD attacking near post. AMC/CF marking keeper. 2 CM lurking outside area. Everyone else to stay back. 
- Far post delivery on both sides. If possible use inswinger takers (left footed taking the right corner and right footed on the left). Obviously the delivery man has to be one of them set to stay back (wing backs often have really good crossing).

- Its not the most consistent routine but you'll have games where u will score 4 just from corners or even score goals indirectly from corners.

- Left and right free kicks are set to best header with AMC/CF and 1 CD marking the keeping. You can put only 1 of them to mark keeper and the other going forward but 2 works too and i have scored quite a lot of goals from these routines, prolly over 40 goals a season.

Btw your CD attacking the FP is the one scoring the goals, your amc will get a handful aswel, but mainly the FP CD, so make sure they have decent decision and atleast 17 aerial ability.

Thanks Mate, will give it a try..

Yes,roaming playmaker needs to have more stats than game tells to us,but also bbm..both of them are playing defense and also go to attack..so they need stamina at most,passing,movement,positioning,tackling and a bit of creativity and shooting

Great tactic though, for those of you who struggles to score just change the BBM to AP it works really really well, went from drawing 10+ matches to winning 4 to 5 nil in a row.

although I still suggest to use the BBM when you are facing big clubs as it will give you more cover defensively

A question to @LostHorizons. Used your tactic with amazing results that i will post in another post . So to the question , why when i transfer the AMC to FC with exactly the same roles and instructions the tactic doesnt work ? Do you have a solution for this?

thanks in advance 

Who do you think I can use as SS in ASRoma? I usually play without market on the first window so only "vanilla" as Roma. Thinking about Zaniolo or Pellegrini. What do you Think?

1 hour ago, ManolisIV said:

A question to @LostHorizons. Used your tactic with amazing results that i will post in another post . So to the question , why when i transfer the AMC to FC with exactly the same roles and instructions the tactic doesnt work ? Do you have a solution for this?

thanks in advance 

Spacing and passing changes. It creates a bigger gap and isolates the FC. 

1 hour ago, Stiv said:

Who do you think I can use as SS in ASRoma? I usually play without market on the first window so only "vanilla" as Roma. Thinking about Zaniolo or Pellegrini. What do you Think?

Zaniolo would be a good IF. Mkhitaryan would be a good choice. Or retrain Abraham.

Edited by LostHorizons
1 hour ago, LostHorizons said:

Zaniolo would be a good IF. Mkhitaryan would be a good choice. Or retrain Abraham.

Abraham doesn't want to retrain into that position and I don't really like to play with "old" player. I'll try Pellegrini as SS maybe? 

21 minutes ago, Stiv said:

Abraham doesn't want to retrain into that position and I don't really like to play with "old" player. I'll try Pellegrini as SS maybe? 

Mkhitaryan is adept at the position and would be your best bet until you can bring someone else in.

Edited by LostHorizons
On 19/11/2021 at 05:51, Phil45 said:

I thought Greenwood didn't score more cos of his Arial then tried CR7 it was worse..

I would really love to try out United again. And hopefully it works this time out.

Speaking about Messi, From the saves I have played, I found out that AI rarely uses Messi. Is this just to me or experienced by all?

Cheers mate!! Welldone sir

you can use cavani as a target striker, I released him, he did a good job for 1 season, my friend. I didn't get what was expected of Ronaldo, it just cost too much, nothing more, I couldn't get rid of him. My friendly advice to you is that you have at least 7 British national players and a professional character when creating a squad, if possible, have high potential, play regularly. wait for the English goalkeeper to be born regen :) because the first season, unfortunately, does not exist :(

Screenshot_2021-11-21-02-17-31-501_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-21-02-17-45-971_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

8 hours ago, Stiv said:

Have you tried Abraham anyway? One of my strikers didn't want to retrain as a 10 but he still did a good job there...

Hi, your formation can really compete with opponents with a large level gap. I used tombridge city in the North-South League to connect K Mansfield and Manchester United in the FA Cup one season, and lost 0-1 to Preston in overtime.

On 21/11/2021 at 07:14, Mr Tree said:

Have you tried Abraham anyway? One of my strikers didn't want to retrain as a 10 but he still did a good job there...

Ye I tried, ended up using Abraham and Zaniolo as IF and Pellegrini as SS!

On 22/11/2021 at 17:35, Tanim Refat said:

Results  look good. 

Is it a good tactics  too score 70-80 goals by a player?

No. It's designed to have goals scored by a variety of players.

First of all, thank you for sharing this tactic. 

I had been wanting a change from the 4-3-2-1 tactic I've been using for a while and its very promising. 

The only thing that is keeping me from having as much success with it as you do, as far as I can tell, has to do with the set pieces.

I copied your setup for cornerkicks and have 4 players with 16+ aerial (SS, 2 CD's and BWM) and I can't seem to score at all from corners.

I'm playing with FC Porto, getting consistently 10+ cornerkicks per game and I haven't scored a single header. Can't figure out why.

In the previous editions I used to rely heavily on attacking the near post but it doesn't work as well this year.

Appreciate any feedback.

I've been testing various tactics to try to find differences (with a team thats won 4 CL in a row, so any issues won't be starting line up one's)....my two pennies on this tactic having used it for a season, assuming unless stated the defaults were left alone 

1. This tactic definitely wins you games. Over a season it compares favourably in performance to other top tactics I've trialed, to the point my top tactic (the Wolfsburg one from last year that is still golden in 22) works out about 2 points better over a season, but one must take into account that the relationships reduced on field by over half and take time to build again, and 2 points is close enough for randomness to affect the overall.

2. When set to control mentality, it's defensively as solid a tactic as I've tried, but attacking is overall I found better because the goal ratios are more favourable to scoring. With both cbs in CD roles, even 3/4/5 best CBS perform well and don't need to be absolute beasts.

3. Left to default, the AI seems to play the ball wide a lot and cross. So playing a typical 9 with strong aerial ratings or even a target man is most efficient, even if they are out of position. An attacking midfielder will score goals in this role, but you need to change the focus to avoid crosses and play through balls.

4. The BBM seems the lynch pin of this tactic and will get masses of chances offensively. I found playing someone with high shooting in this role rains goals in. Moriba for instance has 16 shooting and scored 18 goals in 29 league games. 

5. The main negative is the wide forwards don't effect the play as other tactics I've used. Usually my wingers rain goals in, but in this tactic these fade more to the central roles and SS.

6. This tactic wrecks your Wing backs fitness. You need adequate depth on both sides to rotate tired legs in. I also found the DM in this tactic tires quicker, so again, depth here is key. 

7. My attacking wing backs out performed more defensive ones, and without the penalty of lowered defensive solidity. 

Overall it's a really good tactic I'd recommend for anyone who has depth at WB.

1 hour ago, beebop1983 said:

I've been testing various tactics to try to find differences (with a team thats won 4 CL in a row, so any issues won't be starting line up one's)....my two pennies on this tactic having used it for a season, assuming unless stated the defaults were left alone 

1. This tactic definitely wins you games. Over a season it compares favourably in performance to other top tactics I've trialed, to the point my top tactic (the Wolfsburg one from last year that is still golden in 22) works out about 2 points better over a season, but one must take into account that the relationships reduced on field by over half and take time to build again, and 2 points is close enough for randomness to affect the overall.

2. When set to control mentality, it's defensively as solid a tactic as I've tried, but attacking is overall I found better because the goal ratios are more favourable to scoring. With both cbs in CD roles, even 3/4/5 best CBS perform well and don't need to be absolute beasts.

3. Left to default, the AI seems to play the ball wide a lot and cross. So playing a typical 9 with strong aerial ratings or even a target man is most efficient, even if they are out of position. An attacking midfielder will score goals in this role, but you need to change the focus to avoid crosses and play through balls.

4. The BBM seems the lynch pin of this tactic and will get masses of chances offensively. I found playing someone with high shooting in this role rains goals in. Moriba for instance has 16 shooting and scored 18 goals in 29 league games. 

5. The main negative is the wide forwards don't effect the play as other tactics I've used. Usually my wingers rain goals in, but in this tactic these fade more to the central roles and SS.

6. This tactic wrecks your Wing backs fitness. You need adequate depth on both sides to rotate tired legs in. I also found the DM in this tactic tires quicker, so again, depth here is key. 

7. My attacking wing backs out performed more defensive ones, and without the penalty of lowered defensive solidity. 

This the Wolfsburg one you mean?

3 hours ago, Resurgam said:

This the Wolfsburg one you mean?

Yes, that one. In my experience that's the most dominant/efficient tactic I've trailed, and now use as a default. Win 1-0/2-0 week in/week out, and it punched above it ls weight when a team isn't full of star individuals.

Only draw back is, unless your 9 is a 5 star world beater (or in lower leagues, way beyond the average) he's not going to go much past 15 goals. The goals come further back....on the flip, I've had AMs or forwards I've trained into the AP role, and they will kill goals if they have the adaptability to change position (I put rainier out of position in a Newcastle save, and he scored 40 goals from midfield)...although that's the exception to the rule

On 08/01/2022 at 04:50, beebop1983 said:

I am working on a new variant to see if I can get the goals more evenly distributed across the front 3. But it will likely be very taxing on the WB. They'll need stamina or have subs on the ready.

5 hours ago, LostHorizons said:

I am working on a new variant to see if I can get the goals more evenly distributed across the front 3. But it will likely be very taxing on the WB. They'll need stamina or have subs on the ready.

Can't wait! 👏

The formation works well for me. I was already having a rocky start to the season on my save as i already had three losses in the league with 10 matches played which is bad for a title aspiration team. Your formation propelled me to 47 matches unbeaten with me winning the Premier league, League cup and FA Cup. I fell short in the UCL due to a penalty shootout. Only change I made in the formation was making the defensive midfielder a deep lying playmaker (Dylan Levitt and Galbraith. Monster DLP's) and we didn't still concede goals that much with both of them still chipping in assists. The player with my most assists came from the right wing with Karim Adeyemi supplying 19 and Martinez the highest goal scorer with 29

Edited by Uncleseekx

Can you share your exp to adjust Final third more effective?

added 0 minutes later
3 hours ago, DutchTony said:

Only change was the RP became an AP

827261564_Screenshot_20220126-202143_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.215658ef7a292acd50df34247e270821.jpg

Unbelievable season. I've never conceded so few goals.

You dont use any setting in final third?

9 minutes ago, WanNguyen said:

Can you share your exp to adjust Final third more effective?

added 0 minutes later

You dont use any setting in final third?

No I don't, unless I see something while watching the game. I'll adjust as needed.