Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Guardiola 433/2323 (20/21)


Recommended Posts

So before I start, I'd like to say that this is from 21 but considering that there's not a whole lot changed from last year's tactics menu and this year's, I'd like to drop more tactics that I've found to be worth using, one of which is this one I'm about to share now

Of course, this isn't a 1:1 representation of Guardiola's 20/21 system, but in practice it's definitely an almost identical variation to how Pep's City played last season. (I'll also be posting a somewhat more faithful variation, and I'll also update this thread in regards to the necessary players needed to run this specific variant of the tactics, as it's a very unique, very tailored system I made for the players I had at the time. )

Spoiler

Sneak peek of the squad:

Screenshot_2021-11-10-09-14-12-243_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.177baf38f6ebc63ce779e556a916df7a.jpg

So moving on, the meaty parts. First will be the Shape

Screenshot_2021-11-10-09-14-19-764_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.e0fbe1e30823bc3fd126b2d0fc3b68ae.jpg

Shape-wise, it's very fluid in practice thanks to the Overload mentality + Expressive creative freedom. Width is set to balanced because (1) it allows space for both APs in the middle to not congest one singular space, (2) giving space and license for the RP to roam with and without the ball higher up the pitch, (3) gives much more incentive for the IWB to underlap most of the time as the IW would relatively start much wider in the build up phase up until the final third. I did try Control/Attacking + Disciplined with Narrow width but the problems I faced is the middle part of the pitch is so congested that there's no practical reason why you should play an RP in the pivot and it forces the IWB to overlap on their weaker foot which is not what I want stylistically

Screenshot_2021-11-10-09-14-25-768_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.ce5561100e4c3ae89592236e16675c72.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-10-09-14-29-746_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.145872ca7ef092368484b6d782b42c85.jpg

This one is a bit straightforward. Higher line of engagement + the aforementioned Overload mentality means teams will have a difficult time trying to break through the press, though one downside is that against certain teams, the space left behind can pose a very difficult task to manage. 4222 is a very effective setup against this tactic as you can later see in the spoilers below. Work In the Box is mandatory, especially for a higher quality XI/squad. 

With that out of the way, happy testing everyone! (hopefully there'll be a post update in a few days)

Spoiler

Screenshot_2021-11-10-09-12-29-211_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.608760fc6e0b8002162728a3f5275372.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-10-09-12-46-917_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.a91390b433fd91143312b41897051ac8.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-10-09-12-54-367_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.aa3f5d417e150db05373d3db58e9dd85.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-10-09-13-06-618_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.9bc9776b6ef2ccdec411113f22e5096a.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-10-09-13-22-164_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.3df7aec56f74099223eae459b8c6ae76.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rseven said:

Could you also share the possession of ball and pass number?

THX!

Will post it tmrw per request, hopefully I'm not too busy to forget haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been trying this tactic with my Chelsea save and i must say it is a decent one. My only problem is i cannot keep Clean Sheets!

I will be posting my results soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Harikeish said:

I've been trying this tactic with my Chelsea save and i must say it is a decent one. My only problem is i cannot keep Clean Sheets!

I will be posting my results soon. 

Glad it's working for you 🙏

 

Yeah, it's something I've also ran into quite abit. Mostly you'll get CS but there will be a patch or two where it's really hard to try to get that CS. My main problem about the system, and I'm assuming that you also have run into it during your playthrough is rotations. Ig it's because my main XI is that high up in terms of quality, but whenever I try to rotate, the team as a whole feels very weak in their play.

 

The difference at times can feel like day and night. And this also brings alot of problems in terms of squad building, because 1) you need players that aren't far apart from your main XI so the tactical system can work seamlessly even if the pieces are consistently being rotated and 2) you need to convince those near-calibre players to want to play a more diminished role in your squad since usually they are most likely the stars of their current squad which can be very challenging to do.

Edited by d e m a r a i
Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, d e m a r a i said:

Glad it's working for you 🙏

 

Yeah, it's something I've also ran into quite abit. Mostly you'll get CS but there will be a patch or two where it's really hard to try to get that CS. My main problem about the system, and I'm assuming that you also have run into it during your playthrough is rotations. Ig it's because my main XI is that high up in terms of quality, but whenever I try to rotate, the team as a whole feels very weak in their play.

 

The difference at times can feel like day and night. And this also brings alot of problems in terms of squad building, because 1) you need players that aren't far apart from your main XI so the tactical system can work seamlessly even if the pieces are consistently being rotated and 2) you need to convince those near-calibre players to want to play a more diminished role in your squad since usually they are most likely the stars of their current squad which can be very challenging to do.

 

22 hours ago, Harikeish said:

I've been trying this tactic with my Chelsea save and i must say it is a decent one. My only problem is i cannot keep Clean Sheets!

I will be posting my results soon. 

Mid season and i am top of the league. 

(i was losing 5-0 to Atalanta and the game crashed!🤣)

Screenshot_20211114_165453_com.gspace.android.addon.arm32.jpg

Screenshot_20211113_221702_com.gspace.android.addon.arm32.jpg

Screenshot_20211113_221643_com.gspace.android.addon.arm32.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Harikeish said:

 

Mid season and i am top of the league. 

(i was losing 5-0 to Atalanta and the game crashed!🤣)

Screenshot_20211114_165453_com.gspace.android.addon.arm32.jpg

Screenshot_20211113_221702_com.gspace.android.addon.arm32.jpg

Screenshot_20211113_221643_com.gspace.android.addon.arm32.jpg

 

Quote

(i was losing 5-0 to Atalanta and the game crashed 🤣)

The god's timely intervention 😇🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 14/11/2021 at 13:01, Harikeish said:

 

Mid season and i am top of the league. 

(i was losing 5-0 to Atalanta and the game crashed!🤣)

Screenshot_20211114_165453_com.gspace.android.addon.arm32.jpg

Screenshot_20211113_221702_com.gspace.android.addon.arm32.jpg

Screenshot_20211113_221643_com.gspace.android.addon.arm32.jpg

Finished the season by winning every trophy. 

Lukaku scored 40 goals in the premier league alone and 62 in total. 

Screenshot_20211119_084142_com.gspace.android.addon.arm32.jpg

Screenshot_20211119_084109_com.gspace.android.addon.arm32.jpg

Screenshot_20211119_084102_com.gspace.android.addon.arm32.jpg

Screenshot_20211118_223833_com.gspace.android.addon.arm32.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...