Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Rank the tactics - Tacticometer

rabi3

On 10/11/2021 at 13:01, rabi3 said:

Myself. it is going to be tough and slow but I am willing to put some effort here.

To be fair every tactic is going to be better for certain teams. To really make any tactic work you'll need the right players. Hard to judge based off of that.

I've been having lots of problems trying to get a working tactic for my Palace team, so I decided to test all the ones in the OP, results are below. In the main I found I didn't have the same success as the poster with most of them, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something else?

The only ones that really gave me good results and performances were the two Defy the norm ones which were the only tactics with a deep defensive line and one of the few with disicplined creative freedom, so I'm going to try those 2 in conjunction for a whole season.

I tested these all the same as follows

- Starting from the first league game

- No purchases, only change from base squad is that Kouyate has been sold

- Played 10 league games and as many cup games as I stayed in for

- Not on holiday, but did clear team and pick team for each match

- Assistant handled training

image.thumb.png.1afcab65ec3665fa43ed8552d0b36f01.png

image.thumb.png.88f105eb1e3c6ea6a5a36d7bb46582d9.png

I think the thing you're probaby missing when comparing your own results to the OP of the tactic, is the players. Crystal Palace are at best a lower-top-half PL team, and with no transfers, you can't really expect any plug and play tactic to drastically change that. What I will say is that 17/30 points after 10 games with CP is actually a phenomenal return, and with the investment in a couple of players in the Jan transfer window to maybe cover those roles where a player is out of position or generally unsuitable, you could push on toward the end of the season thinking about European places.

A lot of the tactics I tested were successful in equivalent level teams though and some even from lower leagues.

Two issues that I found in a lot of the tactics were a tendency to miss a lot of chances and a mistake from one player in a lot of matches meaning they get a score of 4. A different player each time.