Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

iScout Database Insights - Goodbye Old Friends

Scratch

It's that time of year when we're all excitedly looking at the new wonderkids that came with the latest version of FMM. Great times! 

But let's stop a moment and say goodbye to our old friends, who've exited the FMM stage, and speed them on their way.

star-wars-episode3.gif

Note: This is based on database version 2219, which was the database shipped with the first version of FMM22 on Android (13.0.2), in comparison with database version 2130, which was the last version of the March database in FMM21.

We lost some downright legends of the game, who will no longer provide us with exceptional regens early on in the game:

• Arjen Robben (37), the Dutch attacker, who had been at FC Groningen (I remember when he was a wonderkid!).
  • Maicon (39), the legendary Brazilian right back, who had been at Sona Calcio.
  • Sami Khedira (34), the German midfielder who had been at Hertha Berlin.
  • Mario Mandžukić (35), the powerhouse Croatian striker who had been at AC Milan.
  • Samir Nasri (34), the French attacking midfielder.
  • Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (37), the Dutch striker last seen at Schalke.
  • Nicklas Bendtner (33), the Danish striker (love him or hate him).
  • Demba Ba (36), the Senegal strker (love him!), though he offered to come out of retirement to return to Newcastle.
  • Antonio Valencia (35), the Ecuadorian right back many will be familiar with.
  • Michael Dawson, the English centre back, last seen at Nottingham Forest
  • And many others including Esteban Granero, Bacary Sagna, Rafael, Ismaily, Ezequiel Garay, Sergio García, Vedran Corluka, Daniel Osvaldo, Juanfran etc.

Let's pour one out for these guys, as they are likely to be gone for good.

giphy.webp

We also lost the following players this year, who may yet be back again to grace our game in future:

• Benjamin Mendy (27), Man City's French wingback who's currently incarcerated awaiting trial on some very serious charges.
  • Gylfi Sigurðsson (31), the Icelandic midfielder who plays for Everton, but who's also the subject of a criminal investigation.
  • Victor Korniienko (22), the Ukrainian left wingback who apparently still plays at Shakhtar Donetsk, but who isn't included for some reason (I signed him about 30 times last year).
  • Pedrinho (23), the Brazilian attacking midfielder, who moved from SLB to Shakhtar Donetsk in the off season.
  • Maximilian Wöber (23), the Austrian defender who apparently still plays at RB Salzberg (not sure why).
  • Alexandre Jankewitz (19), the Swiss striker who moved from Southampton to Young Boys in the off season, but dropped out of the game.
  • Yannick Touré (20), the Swiss striker who moved from Newcastle to Young Boys in the off season, but also dropped out of the game.
  • Maximilian Meier (not that one), a 19 year German left back who had quite a high PA in the last FM21 Winter database, but who's without a club after leaving Borussia Dortmund in real life.
  • Harry Farley (18), English striker at Tranmere Rovers.

Not sure why some of those were left out, they were quite high profile players. It sort of feels like the Swiss and Ukranian database research teams might have been on holiday? Or maybe there is some rights issue (although Young Boys and Shakhtar have other players in the game). 

Anyway, there are many other players who have left the game, but these were the more high profile ones and I thought you might be interested in their departure. Thanks for reading.

5 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Lost this bloke as well and doesn’t even look like he’s been added as staff :(

437AEB9B-7652-4B90-9002-2E1C57267718.jpeg.45d8b356faff66b22270435123d0699f.jpeg

Lol, I didn't get far enough down the list for Mr McCormack... Will try harder next time! 

added 0 minutes later
3 minutes ago, Rich said:

E66F7DE2-72CC-46E8-948E-BF6DD0C0E17C.thumb.jpeg.08498a7ec4ed7c9b0a564a330b116999.jpeg

Samir Nasri could return at anytime though!

Great write up @Scratch👍

Nah, he's done, this is the one I'm interested in: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/demba-ba-newcastle-united-takeover-25171417

Your move Mr Howe... 🤣

3 hours ago, DIRECTFX said:

What about the man the myth the legend Freddy Adu ? Is he finally done ? Think he was still free agent last year 

Sadly appears to be that way. I have him in the November DB last year, but he seems to have dropped out in the March/Winter update and he hasn't reappeared in the FMM22 database, so I guess he's done. 🙁 

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Sadly appears to be that way. I have him in the November DB last year, but he seems to have dropped out in the March/Winter update and he hasn't reappeared in the FMM22 database, so I guess he's done. 🙁 

Haha finally … Not sad at all dude was such a bust and joke needed him done and gone … Actually saw him during one of his last spells on TB Rowdies and he was pretty bad and had a very cocky attitude. He was such an embarrassment for USA fans since there was so much hype and he was young making his debut then just was nothing compared to the hype .. Guess he’ll always be remembered though being infamous for being biggest US bust 

1 hour ago, DIRECTFX said:

Haha finally … Not sad at all dude was such a bust and joke needed him done and gone … Actually saw him during one of his last spells on TB Rowdies and he was pretty bad and had a very cocky attitude. He was such an embarrassment for USA fans since there was so much hype and he was young making his debut then just was nothing compared to the hype .. Guess he’ll always be remembered though being infamous for being biggest US bust 

I liked him because of the FMM angle. It's sort of strange to me because we've had so many CM/FM/FMM wonderkids that never lived up to their in-game hype, but Freddy had the real world hype too. Getting him in FM (I guess it was probably CM then) was great. Then later on in his career he was more of a curiousity and I used him a few times and he wasn't terrible.

It would have been good to do one more challenge with him or something. I guess all in all I remember him fondly.

1 hour ago, DIRECTFX said:

Luckily the likes of Pulisic, Adams, Clark, etc. seems to have good mentality and are actually good.