Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Asymmetric 4(ish)-3(ish)-3(ish)

Lagom

Presented without much comment. It's not often I manage to create something which is successful while also remaining solid defensively. Only tested currently with Liverpool, with only 2 signings (Nkunku & Bynoe-Gittens) and not tweaked at all during the season (except in-game).

The Formation:

Spoiler

IMG_0357.thumb.PNG.1491b1af8f356ad8af7a677412555952.PNG

The IF FR is the real star of this team, and I feel I could probably move everyone behind him back a position to cut back further on goals conceded, and still achieve the same results. 

IMG_0362.thumb.PNG.5d62011a4d73ddc86338481b98609f94.PNG

Instructions:

Spoiler

IMG_0358.thumb.PNG.d961e428a05b4de9d48a2f9926997e88.PNG

IMG_0359.thumb.PNG.dfa9e4529e2f414f3e16f0f63b36b58c.PNG

IMG_0360.thumb.PNG.4c271a1a667bd5d22313eac3d3c94d9c.PNG

The league:

Spoiler

IMG_0361.thumb.PNG.d57b33a6b54fae37abbc853fa5afb319.PNG

Unbeaten with only 6 conceded is a solid start. 32 of those goals came from Salah, and 8 from Elliott, both playing in the FR IF position. With a little tweaking, maybe there are more goals available across the pitch.

The draws:

IMG_0365.thumb.PNG.e8b7dd563291b63430f2f0e8d856a851.PNG

IMG_0366.thumb.PNG.f4e94a6e133d1e048fe2f19f63c3b79c.PNG

IMG_0368.thumb.PNG.56d2636e6d243d68b3cd5af198d5fe94.PNG

IMG_0367.thumb.PNG.98f285482f5184bff7649af5d0e949e4.PNG

All 4 league draws were 0-0, 3 away from home, try as I might in these games, I couldn't get the goals that were needed, and aside from Arsenal, probably didn't look like conceding either.

Managed to win the FA Cup also, however I was embarrasingly knocked out of both the League Cup (4th Round) & Champions League (1st KO Round) on penalties.

Player stats:

Spoiler

Goals:

IMG_0363.thumb.PNG.ef4627d2512416683846f328e984d1e1.PNG

Assists:

IMG_0364.thumb.PNG.38671939ae22c56db49d4fbb9d43f466.PNG

Feel free to try, and tweak if you like. I'll probably check back in a few times with updates as I continue and make changes to improve goalscoring and shore up the defence.

If anyone does want further info, or more screenshots, let me know, as I haven't begun the next season yet, and probably won't until around 5pm, so I can still view this season currently.

Edited by Lagom

Having conceded only 6 goals, while not having the best CB partnership in game? Im curious what would it be like if you had De Ligt instead of Joe, also curious of the way you allowed those goals to happen, maybe a counter, considering you play so high up the pitch? Anyways, superb results from the first season, looking forward to seeing more, good luck!

It would be interesting to see if I could reduce the goals conceded with a better defensive partner, and it's likely where I'll strengthen next season, with Matip getting older.

I don't recall the specifics of each goal unfortunately, but they were as follows:

3-1 vs. Burnley, Chris Wood 11'
3-1 vs Chelsea, Romelu Lukaku 14'
1-2 vs West Ham, Hannibal 19'
3-1 vs Man City, Jack Grealish 61'
3-1 vs Brentford, Marcus Forss, 45+3' (pen)
1-2 vs Man Utd, Edinson Cavani, 22'

So all identical results, 3-1 home wins, 1-2 away wins. All but 1 goal conceded was scored in the first half, and only once (vs. West Ham) did we concede first, so throughout a whole season, we only went behind once.

4 hours ago, JamesVilla said:

With the way the game is going for me, only conceding 6 goals is superb. You could quite possibly have a record there, and keep hold of it for while if you pop it into the thread. 

Bro when ur 1k tactics will upload ?? 😂

It's maybe a little counter-intuitive, but as you can see with only 6 goals conceded, I think a narrow shape is a necessary evil.  Also, for me, the passing focus is just that, a focus. I found that using it brough me much more joy than wait for overlap in terms of getting the WBs involved in the play and creating chances. 

As for IF FL, I actually mirrored the formation and used Allan Saint-Maximin with Newcastle, and while the results obviously weren't as impressive, I came second in the league behind a rampant Man City team.

Your LIF needs to be your best player, ideally.

Two most important factors for anyone in my midfield and defence are Stamina and Teamwork

6 goals conceded is superb... yet you want to work on shoring up the defence! :)

May I ask a couple of questions?

What is your defensive corner setup? I tend to concede a lot from corners since the last update.

What tweaks do you make in game? I note you didn't tweak apart from in-game.

Finally, how did you get on in the Champions League that season?

Thanks!

In my experience, anything below 0.5 goals conceded per game is a bit of an anomaly, so realistically I'd have had a tough job cutting it down any further than that. In fact I am pretty certain that I continued this save into the next season and had conceded the same number of goals by January. In the screenshots you can see that Harvey Elliott scored 16 goals, these were all in cup games, where he replaced Salah, and I believe we got to the final of the CL, won the Carabao and got knocked out early doors of FA Cup.

I make no changes to my defensive corner or free-kick instructions, though in other saves I do notice myself conceding often from corners, so maybe something to explore.

In game tweaks will be based on how the game is going, so I can't exactly help you out too in depth on that side of things. If I noticed that I was seeing my defence being penetrated too easily, I would move the LW to CD for a little extra cover (he would also be sacrificed if I went down to 10 men). RWB is potentially a weakness, and sometimes I found myself moving him back to RB, while pushing LB to LWB.  If I saw we were struggling to make any headway into the game, I'd tick Shoot on Sight and usually Run at Defence to change things up a little, if that didn't work, I'd change my passing focus to Centre.