Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 4321 - Plug n Play West Ham Treble

Burn

Greatest tactic i’ve tried this year! Started new save with Atalanta (good team but not the best team in italy and europe) and after a slow start (played with another tactic), i put this and i got the treble!

This is really good tactic, but very inconsistent. I am playing Betis using this one, with some of wonderkinds so my team is now(half of the season) worse than at the start. It started really well but usually i lose 1/2 goals with 2/4 shots on target, meanwhile having like 15 off target and like 4 on i barely win or draw/lose. I do believe there’s a hole in midfield causing this problem for me, but has anyone had same? 

EDIT: I mean i am getting decent results but i feel a lot of them are pure luck or good corners

Edited by Ra.v

As an FYI, I’ve reverted back to a Pressing Forward up front, and am now experimenting with the midfield roles.

It seems this tactic is a strong foundation, but there is a key tweak still to be discovered to unlock the very best in terms of it’s overall reliability.

44 minutes ago, Burn said:

As an FYI, I’ve reverted back to a Pressing Forward up front, and am now experimenting with the midfield roles.

It seems this tactic is a strong foundation, but there is a key tweak still to be discovered to unlock the very best in terms of it’s overall reliability.

I have found this to be fairly successful. The caveat is that I am playing with Barcelona so my players are better. I normally find myself dominating in terms of shots and normally get a couple of goals. 

As long as I am winning, at the 60 minute mark a move the DLP to DM and man mark. I very rarely concede. Once the other team moves to overload I then change the BBM to CM, both WBs to FBs and the BPD to CD. I then change the instructions to Contain, normal tempo and disciplined creative freedom. I also drop the high line to balanced and put on time wasting. 

As I said my team is very strong but I’m three seasons in with four games left in the league and I’ve only conceded 9 goals this season. 

I get the feeling on this game there’s no such thing as plug and play. Tweaks will always need to be made in matches. 

Edited by Dan13l

That’s very valuable input Dan13l, I agree with you on the plug and play aspect.

It did work as Plug n Play but it now seems to  respond better to a tweak of any kind - it’s almost as if update 13.0.4 now insists on an occasional tweak or otherwise you get penalised, that’s pure guesswork on my part, but it makes sense and fits with my experience.

My fix, I’ve now got 3 versions of the tactic saved; the default, a late game containment, and a slightly more defensive version of the default. Toggling between them based on circumstances seems to reduce the number of times the game throws up weird results.

Edited by Burn

Long time lurker, first time poster.

This tactic has worked a treat on my Newcastle save, 3 seasons in and a 3rd, a 1st and a 1st with 2 x champions league semi finals (extra time loses 2 seasons in a row). 3rd season went unbeaten in the league 28 wins and 10 draws, so more draws than I would like but cant really complain. 

On 26.11.2021 at 04:54, CrankyDanky said:

sadece bu taktikleri söylemeliyim, bu skor çizgisini gerçek hayatta asla görmeyeceksin LMAOOOO

Screenshot_20211126-095224_FM22 Mobil.jpg

have you tweaked and show your team

Great tactic

I`m a poor manager and I`m not sure whether the tactic is that dominant or AC Milan has the best players that fit this tactic but I was able to win Seria A and the Italian Cup in my first season. Chiesa joined us in the second season and I`m rolling 3:0 almost every game - even against Roma/Inter/Juve.

First tactic I've had any success with. 

Won the domestic treble with Aston Villa in the first season upgrading the wingbacks to get better crossing ability and a crazy season long loan for Ferran Torres! 

Great tactic, thanks for sharing!

Would love to see your set piece setups I’ve used this for 9 seasons now with Walsall and I’ve made it up to sky bet champion league with mixed results and I find success but still tweaking my my roles atm but great tactic so far really impressed with it.

How do you find fast tempo and final third instruction combination? Theoretically, I find that contradicting to each other, as look for overlap (waiting teammates to overlap) and run at defense (keep the ball and dribble through opponents) seems to keep lowering the tempo.  Also when giving expressive creative freedom, I tend to give fewer instruction 

On 16/11/2021 at 01:52, Burn said:

Def, Att, Yth, Fit, all Gold Natural. Plus myself on Youth. I always play as Youth Coach, best way to quickly form positive bonds with your players.

Manager option settings are all default.

I look after training. Everyone is on role specific training with focus on any stated weakness, all on Normal intensity. I hate injuries more than I like fast growth.

My senior players with above average leadership stats - Zouma, Soucek, Vlasic - are all mentoring one or more players. Remember, I’m building for future dominance.

This helps you but for me as a motivational type works great cause when teams losing they get free motivation and turns the game around

On 13/11/2021 at 02:41, Burn said:

A plug and play tactic so you can blast through a season on commentary only settings, no need for any in-game tactical changes, just subs and you’re golden.

Took West Ham to the Prem title in Season 2, plus a 4-1 win over Chelsea in FA Cup final, beat Inter 2-1 in Champs League final, then a Euro Super Cup win against Man Utd for good measure.

A467A286-7C78-450E-9A99-7B1846F6F383.thumb.png.bf7175ef246e494f13479ba9c4647e77.png

3E7DFAA3-1A9E-4DD9-8982-3E2E83BAE77F.png

ED7A014C-1391-4B4D-A0D2-5FCA98C0416D.png

3013E9AB-5C15-41B5-A2E5-7139BAF79DFB.png

3C7BBEBB-D95D-4093-A8BD-D18A615700F4.png

B42DD6EA-87B2-4DAA-9F2C-C333B8C8697F.png

9C54E087-B278-426E-9ACD-59B16DF3D338.png

What is your corner set up?

I take Leicester. How to fit my players with the roles from your tactic ?  Pls help me

And how to training my players to playing good?

Edited by LFCTERAS

Just sad I didn't try this sooner.

I started using it at the start of the club world cup, I haven't been able to find any stable tactic and it was a struggle season 1 with Barca... No league and supercopa, we were luck with the UCL draws till the end... Beat Bvb in the final 2-1 with 2 penalties... That's how lucky we were in the ucl. But now we are actually playing with personality even tho i'm still in first season with a lot of high earning deadwood and a small budget.

Screenshot_20220107_235423.jpg

On 15/11/2021 at 22:22, Burn said:

Def, Att, Yth, Fit, all Gold Natural. Plus myself on Youth. I always play as Youth Coach, best way to quickly form positive bonds with your players.

Manager option settings are all default.

I look after training. Everyone is on role specific training with focus on any stated weakness, all on Normal intensity. I hate injuries more than I like fast growth.

My senior players with above average leadership stats - Zouma, Soucek, Vlasic - are all mentoring one or more players. Remember, I’m building for future dominance.

What mean role specific training ?

2 hours ago, LFCTERAS said:

What mean role specific training ?

27B3310F-97AD-4267-A020-65138A4C6126.thumb.jpeg.aa7b107a4c49d6c10423a15a71321398.jpeg

If you go on a players profile and scroll sideways until you get to here, you can pick the role you want him training at.

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

27B3310F-97AD-4267-A020-65138A4C6126.thumb.jpeg.aa7b107a4c49d6c10423a15a71321398.jpeg

If you go on a players profile and scroll sideways until you get to here, you can pick the role you want him training at.

Same roles with this tactic or is recomended role ?

Yeah this tactic has definitely set me on my way.  Took my Greenock Morton team from League 1 to Premier with back to back promotions.  Only thing I'm starting to find now is that it seems very exposed defensively.  I've had a 4-4 draw lately, beaten 6-3 at home and constantly seem to concede clear cut changes.  The wingbacks get so much assists and I've been using my striker as a target forward which has worked immensely but I find my midfield 3 don't do much.  6's and 7's each game is about the best I can get out of them.

I've read through the chain above and taken note of other's tweaks but I'd be keen to hear what specifics you have changed @Burn if you're keen to share.

Hi DaBla, so I’m not really sure how much help I can be.

I’m not heavily in to tweaking tactics, my gig is buying and developing Wonderkids, so once I have a functional tactic I then tend to just play with it pretty much as is through until I win Prem and Champions League, then I’ll typically start over from scratch with a different set of Wonderkids.

I do agree that the midfield three don’t dominate games and score 8’s or more too often, but it’s not something I’ve invested too much time in to trying to fix as overall the tactic delivers well enough.

I have had some success with a change to a midfield setup of CM RP CM, which I tried out mostly because I’d seen both roles being used extensively in numerous other tactics that were claimed to work well.

From memory my best young midfield trio has been Moriba, Szoboszlai and Rovella, by the time they had developed they all finished a season up in the high 7’s.

Sorry I can’t offer you anything more concrete. Good luck pal.

Edited by Burn

This is working very well for me currently…

Left Inside Forward pushed up higher, right side midfield switched to BBM (although AP also works).

C062DB37-264C-4322-B0CE-BAC9F8562884.png