Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help 4-1-2-2-1 My team not scoring enough goals

George M9

So I recently got fm22 and noticed that tactic which I have been using for a couple of years seems much weaker this year and I am not scoring many goals as I used to i barely reach 70 goals a season in la Liga 

And if u look at my team it is kinda messy but that isnot the problem because I triggered unrest at home 

I don't know what is wrong so please help me if you know anything about tactics :)

Screenshot_2021-11-15-12-59-38-134_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-15-12-59-34-903_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-15-12-59-32-027_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-15-12-59-26-477_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

How does your CF usually fare? From my past experience with that role, it's quite inconsistent and barely gets any goal contribution. Try AF or P 

BBMs haven't really worked for me. I prefer using RP instead

Also, WBs seem to do the exact as thing as FBs in a 4 at the back formation, so maybe stick to FB.

i also noticed that short passing and narrow formation usually restricts the tiki taka play that i think you are going for. I prefer mixed and balanced, giving the players the freedom to mix their passing and use the field. 

That's my suggestion for increasing goals contribution, it isn't exactly tiki taka anymore but i think it will bring you goals. But ofc if you are willing to change formation, you might wanna try 4231 with your attacking midfielder as a SS. 

Hope this helps and let me know if you wanna discuss more!

I would turn off "Through balls" and only select "Work into the box", that can maybe help to convert chances better 🤔

Maybe also change the DM to a DLP 🤔

BBX midfielder works fine (for me) in FMM22, in my tactic test he has about 1 assist every 2 matches 😉

Hi we are in a similar discussion here :

In your case I think short passing and narrow width is in constrast with overload mood. 

You can switch to a control mood but I suggest to remove through balls for work into the box intructions, overlap and at least normal width. 

Or you can go attacking with run at defence and through balls with mixed direct passing and expressive freedom if you want less control but more goals. This suits the most if you have techically gifted players... 

I wish this could help 🙂

1 hour ago, Migraz said:

Hi we are in a similar discussion here :

In your case I think short passing and narrow width is in constrast with overload mood. 

You can switch to a control mood but I suggest to remove through balls for work into the box intructions, overlap and at least normal width. 

Or you can go attacking with run at defence and through balls with mixed direct passing and expressive freedom if you want less control but more goals. This suits the most if you have techically gifted players... 

I wish this could help 🙂

Thank You :)

First of all try setting up some good corner tactics 

Overload doesn't guarantee you goals, so you could try Attacking or even balanced

Try shoot on sight instruction

Try changing your CF to P or PF, it might actually help

1 minute ago, Harikeish said:

First of all try setting up some good corner tactics 

Overload doesn't guarantee you goals, so you could try Attacking or even balanced

Try shoot on sight instruction

Try changing your CF to P or PF, it might actually help

Ok thanks I just changed CF to Poacher Hopefully It will work

3 hours ago, notababushka said:

How does your CF usually fare? From my past experience with that role, it's quite inconsistent and barely gets any goal contribution. Try AF or P 

BBMs haven't really worked for me. I prefer using RP instead

Also, WBs seem to do the exact as thing as FBs in a 4 at the back formation, so maybe stick to FB.

i also noticed that short passing and narrow formation usually restricts the tiki taka play that i think you are going for. I prefer mixed and balanced, giving the players the freedom to mix their passing and use the field. 

That's my suggestion for increasing goals contribution, it isn't exactly tiki taka anymore but i think it will bring you goals. But ofc if you are willing to change formation, you might wanna try 4231 with your attacking midfielder as a SS. 

Hope this helps and let me know if you wanna discuss more!

Thanks I changed some stuff I think it's working

3 hours ago, Titjes said:

I would turn off "Through balls" and only select "Work into the box", that can maybe help to convert chances better 🤔

Maybe also change the DM to a DLP 🤔

BBX midfielder works fine (for me) in FMM22, in my tactic test he has about 1 assist every 2 matches 😉

Idk I have always used dm instead of dlp in every tactic not gonna lie I think dm is doing better but thanks for helping me 

I will try dlp too :)

9 hours ago, George M9 said:

Idk I have always used dm instead of dlp in every tactic not gonna lie I think dm is doing better but thanks for helping me 

I will try dlp too :)

What are you trying to get the DM to do? Be part of the attack, help on defense too, or just defensive cover? I've had great success with WB and BBM. To make it work like Tiki Taka, use short Passing and either shoot on sight or work into the box. Through balls will happen automatically. Use work into the box if the team you're facing isn't playing defensively. If they are, shoot on sight.

5 hours ago, LostHorizons said:

What are you trying to get the DM to do? Be part of the attack, help on defense too, or just defensive cover? I've had great success with WB and BBM. To make it work like Tiki Taka, use short Passing and either shoot on sight or work into the box. Through balls will happen automatically. Use work into the box if the team you're facing isn't playing defensively. If they are, shoot on sight.

Well for me dm is good at helping the attack but not for possession play he will help the defense too but I usually go for dm role because it helps attack or maybe I am wrong I don't know

1 hour ago, George M9 said:

Well for me dm is good at helping the attack but not for possession play he will help the defense too but I usually go for dm role because it helps attack or maybe I am wrong I don't know

If you want that you could use DM as a RP but busquets can't pull that off. As a DM he won't venture very far forward but as an RP he would. But the issue is that Gavi and Pedri don't do much defensively. If you have any funds Joshua Kimmich is worth the buy. Put him as a RP in the DMC

TLDR: if you're going to use Busquets than use the DM role.

16 minutes ago, LostHorizons said:

If you want that you could use DM as a RP but busquets can't pull that off. As a DM he won't venture very far forward but as an RP he would. But the issue is that Gavi and Pedri don't do much defensively. If you have any funds Joshua Kimmich is worth the buy. Put him as a RP in the DMC

TLDR: if you're going to use Busquets than use the DM role.

Yep I just bought a good DM and he can play RP role too so let's see 

Thanks for helping me btw 

1 minute ago, George M9 said:

Yep I just bought a good DM and he can play RP role too so let's see 

Thanks for helping me btw 

Who did you get? I'm always willing to offer input. I'm not always right though...just ask my wife. Lol

Edited by LostHorizons
12 hours ago, LostHorizons said:

Who did you get? I'm always willing to offer input. I'm not always right though...just ask my wife. Lol

Some newgen youngster year 2026 

I have been using him for a long time now next season he will be op