Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Hard Mode

Pete123

Like a lot of you, I've been playing this game for years and find playing it "normally" a bit easy. As such I'm always on the lookout for ways to make it harder. Usually I will set a "role-playing" limit on the game, i.e. no big transfer fees or exotic wonderkids if you are at a lower-league club, or more esoteric ones like playing without any buying or selling fees in a Corinthian spirit. The new narratives approach gives a great opportunity for this. 

Hard Mode

Simply pick any team where the board expect you to battle bravely against relegation or have similar low expectations. Then cancel all loans and fire all staff. Then go to Settings -> Narratives and activate the first, third, and fifth narrative. This will leave you bankrupt, with an asset-stripping owner, and most players will hate you. Now, win the league.

It works fine at the highest and lowest levels but is really great at a kind of mid-range third-flight level as your wage budget is halved and you aren't very appealing to players, plus you can't save yourself with one or two big sales, you have to be ruthless. I'd say it would be perfect with Sunderland or Bolton or Palermo. I first gave it a go with Viktoria Berlin (see below).

Screenshot_20211116-125718_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20211116-125728_FM22 Mobile.jpg

7 hours ago, MikeF said:

Interesting, i didn't know the challenge narrative's stack. That'll make for a very interesting Vibe World Cup this year!

Those three go together pretty well. I'd guess the unbeaten run one would go well with the injury crisis one too.

On 16/11/2021 at 12:59, Pete123 said:

Like a lot of you, I've been playing this game for years and find playing it "normally" a bit easy. As such I'm always on the lookout for ways to make it harder. Usually I will set a "role-playing" limit on the game, i.e. no big transfer fees or exotic wonderkids if you are at a lower-league club, or more esoteric ones like playing without any buying or selling fees in a Corinthian spirit. The new narratives approach gives a great opportunity for this. 

Hard Mode

Simply pick any team where the board expect you to battle bravely against relegation or have similar low expectations. Then cancel all loans and fire all staff. Then go to Settings -> Narratives and activate the first, third, and fifth narrative. This will leave you bankrupt, with an asset-stripping owner, and most players will hate you. Now, win the league.

It works fine at the highest and lowest levels but is really great at a kind of mid-range third-flight level as your wage budget is halved and you aren't very appealing to players, plus you can't save yourself with one or two big sales, you have to be ruthless. I'd say it would be perfect with Sunderland or Bolton or Palermo. I first gave it a go with Viktoria Berlin (see below).

Screenshot_20211116-125718_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20211116-125728_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Love this. I had no idea you could turn them all on mid game.

Very hard I've done it with Barcelona, they have sold off the training and youth facilities, leaving it extremely bad, the chairman has got ride of 90 percent of the youths (released them, and sold off 5 players in total of 233 million, very very difficult and quite different as well 

On 19/11/2021 at 04:55, leedsunited87 said:

Very hard I've done it with Barcelona, they have sold off the training and youth facilities, leaving it extremely bad, the chairman has got ride of 90 percent of the youths (released them, and sold off 5 players in total of 233 million, very very difficult and quite different as well 

Quite a ride!