Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

iScout Sebastian Szymański

samhardy

So, I’ve just finished my first season of FMM22, which was also my first full season of FMM for 2 years. Sounds crazy just typing it. But during it there were trickles of what could pass as enjoyment which has to be a positive for me. Anyway, I played as Norwich with the aim of playing 5 at the back and proving to Daniel Farke that trying to construct a competent defence is actually something worth bothering with. I have already sent the save file over to his advisors but he hasn’t responded yet. That aspect was successful, but as you can see from the below screenshot I very much struggled to find the net at the other end of the pitch:

B125CC20-51A1-4746-A1F4-B62B3C1BFC16.thumb.png.17482eaa19a6d877378bbd1d427ef99a.png

46 goals, more draws than IKEA and a fairly “meh” 8th place finish. But I thought I’d share with you my favourite player from this season that I played. In fact the only player that offered anything going forward at all and was responsible for almost half of our goals himself from midfield.

Here is how he looks on the first day of the game, as soon as you load the game up. Playing for Dinamo Moscow in the Russian top flight.

83702092-45EC-455D-BAA0-6641180334BB.thumb.png.9b84d0c4177c6c2c86915ace184ecde5.png

I was in the market for a playmaker and didn’t exactly have £50M available to throw at a world class operator, so a few days and £14M later Sebastian was mine. Possibly and probably could have got him cheaper, but I wasn’t in the mood to mess about. Plus the other option would be relying on Todd Cantwell to do the business - and no-one wants that.

There wasn’t really any expectations on him from my side, but it soon became clear that he was a class above the rest of the team. And I would suggest for any lower/middle Premier League outfit. He was only really utilised as an advanced playmaker in the AMC position or the MC position against much better teams.

Here’s how he looked after a season on my assistant’s training regime. A very well rounded playmaker with no real weakness. 

0F289BC2-C2C7-4A03-B396-E2B94CCF27F1.thumb.png.4ed301aaa944784950fe33719b198e3e.png

Clearly he is not world class, I’m not saying he is but definitely worth a shot if anyone is looking for a *relatively* cheap assister. I’ve no idea how much he could improve in the future or what his PA is, @Scratch?...

And these are very good numbers considering he’s playing in a very poor team and was injured for two months halfway through the season:

6726CEAB-ED3E-45BE-916C-88D8C66009B3.thumb.png.cc9571797f52360859dee9e5bcbe2f13.png

An assist every other game and chipped in with the odd goal as well. It’s not too outrageous to say that if Norwich’s strikers could actually kick the ball into the net instead of endangering passing aircraft every time they have a shot at goal (my top scorer finished on 6 goals) then these would be even more impressive.

I’m planning on trying him out at a better team with better players around him, maybe Chelsea or Man City to see whether the levels he could reach are any higher. I’ll keep this thread updated.

If all goes well these “scout reports” will be at least a semi-regular feature from myself, and hopefully others can start utilising iScout more as well as anyone who has been here for a number of years will remember how popular it used to be and fun to find your own players and introduce them to others instead of just signing the same old wonderkid at the start of every save.

My knowledge of this player in real life is almost non-existent, other than he has a handful of caps for the Polish National Team so if anyone has any information then feel free to share. Finally this isn’t a “go and sign him, he’s amazing” thread and the experiment at a bigger club could go wrong, but that’s all part of the fun. So for now just go and sign him, he’s amazing.

11 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I’ve no idea how much he could improve in the future or what his PA is, @Scratch?...

How much do you want to know?! 

Had a quick look at him and he's not rubbish. He's no Mason Mount or Kai Havertz, but I'd definitely sign him for most teams. Same PA as Luan if that means anything to you (of course that's just his base, he'd be random based on that).

Let me know if you want exact star or out of 200 PA figure. I will say a pro is his hidden stats look pretty good and a con is he won't have as much development as a greener youngster. He'll still have a decent amount of development in most cases, but a finding those youngsters who get 12 updates is the way to win FMM... 

All in all, I'd say your spot on and if he did the business for you he should do it for most people.

2 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Had a quick look at him and he's not rubbish. He's no Mason Mount or Kai Havertz, but I'd definitely sign him for most teams. Same PA as Luan if that means anything to you (of course that's just his base, he'd be random based on that).

Let me know if you want exact star or out of 200 PA figure. I will say a pro is his hidden stats look pretty good and a con is he won't have as much development as a greener youngster. He'll still have a decent amount of development in most cases, but a finding those youngsters who get 12 updates is the way to win FMM... 

All in all, I'd say your spot on and if he did the business for you he should do it for most people.

How do you find out the PA of the players?

6 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

How do you find out the PA of the players?

I created a scouting app! :D Android only at this point. The FMM22 one will be on Google Play when I get it finished and won't be free, but the FMM21 version was released here on Vibe as a free beta version:  https://fmmvibe.com/files/file/1254-am21-assistant-manager-for-fmm21-android-beta-version/

You can also see the star ratings in the IGE if you've bought that or there are ways to manually look it up using a HEX editor if you can work out how to do that (as in it's pretty complicated)..

Edit: Damn, there I go advertising my app again, sorry... :(

Edited by Scratch
18 minutes ago, Scratch said:

That’ll do! Thanks :)

6 minutes ago, Woody said:

Sam Hardy content is what i am here for 👍

Nice find mate.

That’s what everyone is here for.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

I created a scouting app! :D Android only at this point. The FMM22 one will be on Google Play when I get it finished and won't be free, but the FMM21 version was released here on Vibe as a free beta version:  https://fmmvibe.com/files/file/1254-am21-assistant-manager-for-fmm21-android-beta-version/

You can also see the star ratings in the IGE if you've bought that or there are ways to manually look it up using a HEX editor if you can work out how to do that (as in it's pretty complicated)..

Edit: Damn, there I go advertising my app again, sorry... :(

Oh my god I wish I knew about this app. I just downloaded it and watched your tutorial. It's exactly what I want.

I do have the editor so I can see the star rating, but obviously the stars go up in 20 point half star increments so it's not accurate.

When your new scout app is released I will 100% purchase it!

thought i recognised the name - saw Legia in his history, checked my old career (from FMM19) and I sold him (for 60m zloty. nearly 11m squid) in the early stages (first few weeks) of my epic double-trouble :)

as i was cashing in to strengthen the rest of the squad, he did his job. we thank you for your service, Seb!

6 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

thought i recognised the name - saw Legia in his history, checked my old career (from FMM19) and I sold him (for 60m zloty. nearly 11m squid) in the early stages (first few weeks) of my epic double-trouble :)

as i was cashing in to strengthen the rest of the squad, he did his job. we thank you for your service, Seb!

25% responsible for your success, I’d say.

6 minutes ago, Muhtesem said:

What do u mean as 12 updates? Can u explaine little bit

The after game level ups where their attributes increase. If you find a youngster who'll get a lot of these level ups, they'll turn into a great player. If you get a whole team of these players, you'll end up being unbeatable.