Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch and Club 150 - Take 2 🎬 (The China Experiment)

Scratch

Just now, Quvinson said:

Bro how i train my strikers ariel attribute ???

First you gotta get a striker who's got a good base in Aeriel. I try to find them with 13 or 14 already. Satriano was already 14 for example and he was a young striker with lots of updates to come.

Next (and this is a new step and I'm not sure it's needed), I check their real height - you can just google it. Satriano is 1.87m for example. If they are much shorter than that, I will forget them and look for a taller player instead. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking the game is more likely to let a taller player level up in Aerial.

Then I set their Target Role to TM and rotate their Target attribute through Aerial, Movement, Pace. I used to leave it on Aerial, but sometimes you've already had too many updates in that for their level of development (it wants to save some for later), so you are better to swap to a different attribute for a couple of turn once it jumps.

Finally, if I can, I get a mentor (someone like Carrillo) who will mentor them in Aerial. You have to pick someone with high Aerial, but average Agression, Teamwork, Leadership (and most other things) or else they will want to mentor them in one of those instead of Aerial. If you get some who can mentor them, then that can get them a bonus 2 points in Aerial. 

And that's about it. The game still sometimes gives +2 or 3 jumps in Aerial if your lucky, but I find I can get a player to 19 or 20 fairly often using the above,

Season 4

For those that missed it above, our lad cruised to 150 goals this season. This will be a mega-quick update.

Transfers

Spoiler

Satriano-Season04-31.thumb.jpg.79226b3d8c79a5c160ac08a4791df4dc.jpg

Satriano-Season04-32.thumb.jpg.e58d744a28867dbf755bc8146b531078.jpg

Satriano-Season04-33.thumb.jpg.2c60681219b2d0c6cbd767c7ba11adf0.jpg

Results

Satriano-Season04-30.thumb.jpg.910c6354ef2d771b519dee1678cc4d12.jpg

Lost the UCL final on pens, with Satriano missing his! Can't blame him though, because without his 3 goals in the game we would never have earned the penalty shootout.

Satriano-Season04-28.thumb.jpg.2df43940dbce485a2a9678c191ab8d9e.jpg

The Lad

Super fine, maxed out now:

Satriano-Season04-38.thumb.jpg.227d2cfdf3bd305995473e13e907c389.jpg

The Goals

Satriano-Season04-39.thumb.jpg.0600cecd1c8e0c4cb30381f2b65585d8.jpg

Progress

Season Goals
01 91
02 80
03 148
04 159
Total 478

Final Thoughts

I've completed the main aim of this save, finally getting past the 150 mark. 

On the one hand, I'm pretty happy that I've got a tactic working so well so early on (compared to last year where I really struggled at first). On the other hand... well the game is pretty broken and far too easy if you know what to do (corner tactics, transfer tactics, etc).

I have a few other things I want to try in the short term, so will leave this for now. I'll may come back and do the 1K, but not 100% sure about that. Either way, I'm marking this as complete!

Thanks for reading.

1 minute ago, darlingtonvii said:

Well-done mate. Would actually want you to go all the way to 1kc. 

Thanks mate, probably will, but have something I want to test out first. :)

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

First you gotta get a striker who's got a good base in Aeriel. I try to find them with 13 or 14 already. Satriano was already 14 for example and he was a young striker with lots of updates to come.

Next (and this is a new step and I'm not sure it's needed), I check their real height - you can just google it. Satriano is 1.87m for example. If they are much shorter than that, I will forget them and look for a taller player instead. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking the game is more likely to let a taller player level up in Aerial.

Then I set their Target Role to TM and rotate their Target attribute through Aerial, Movement, Pace. I used to leave it on Aerial, but sometimes you've already had too many updates in that for their level of development (it wants to save some for later), so you are better to swap to a different attribute for a couple of turn once it jumps.

Finally, if I can, I get a mentor (someone like Carrillo) who will mentor them in Aerial. You have to pick someone with high Aerial, but average Agression, Teamwork, Leadership (and most other things) or else they will want to mentor them in one of those instead of Aerial. If you get some who can mentor them, then that can get them a bonus 2 points in Aerial. 

And that's about it. The game still sometimes gives +2 or 3 jumps in Aerial if your lucky, but I find I can get a player to 19 or 20 fairly often using the above,

Thanks bro ... Let me try and update u 

I thought you should be hitting 200 a season, tbh. 🤣

Nah, seriously this was never in doubt. Was a matter of when, not if.

Well done, mate.

4 hours ago, Scratch said:

Season 4

For those that missed it above, our lad cruised to 150 goals this season. This will be a mega-quick update.

Transfers

Reveal hidden contents

Satriano-Season04-31.thumb.jpg.79226b3d8c79a5c160ac08a4791df4dc.jpg

Satriano-Season04-32.thumb.jpg.e58d744a28867dbf755bc8146b531078.jpg

Satriano-Season04-33.thumb.jpg.2c60681219b2d0c6cbd767c7ba11adf0.jpg

Results

Satriano-Season04-30.thumb.jpg.910c6354ef2d771b519dee1678cc4d12.jpg

Lost the UCL final on pens, with Satriano missing his! Can't blame him though, because without his 3 goals in the game we would never have earned the penalty shootout.

Satriano-Season04-28.thumb.jpg.2df43940dbce485a2a9678c191ab8d9e.jpg

The Lad

Super fine, maxed out now:

Satriano-Season04-38.thumb.jpg.227d2cfdf3bd305995473e13e907c389.jpg

The Goals

Satriano-Season04-39.thumb.jpg.0600cecd1c8e0c4cb30381f2b65585d8.jpg

Progress

Season Goals
01 91
02 80
03 148
04 159
Total 478

Final Thoughts

I've completed the main aim of this save, finally getting past the 150 mark. 

On the one hand, I'm pretty happy that I've got a tactic working so well so early on (compared to last year where I really struggled at first). On the other hand... well the game is pretty broken and far too easy if you know what to do (corner tactics, transfer tactics, etc).

I have a few other things I want to try in the short term, so will leave this for now. I'll may come back and do the 1K, but not 100% sure about that. Either way, I'm marking this as complete!

Thanks for reading.

Transfer tactics???

4 hours ago, DutchTony said:

Transfer tactics???

The buying side is pretty much covered here: 

The selling side I covered in a career thread last year (spread out over the thread): 

I sort of promised to write a guide but ran out of time... 

Edited by Scratch
5 hours ago, Dai_ said:

I thought you should be hitting 200 a season, tbh. 🤣

Nah, seriously this was never in doubt. Was a matter of when, not if.

Well done, mate.

Well... For my next trick... :D

Spoiler

Not even joking. In China, so much less games, but want to see whether I can get close to 200 there...

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Well... For my next trick... :D

Reveal hidden contents

Not even joking. In China, so much less games, but want to see whether I can get close to 200 there...

Well, if I can get a 1kc in China with Woodburn then you can seriously get close to a 200 goal season. Look forward to following that! 

1 minute ago, Donushev said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Same tactics and not even close to this numbers... 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20211126_171026_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

Screenshot_20211126_171041_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

Screenshot_20211126_171047_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

Same tactics and not even close to this numbers... how you guys score 100-130 goals per season

5 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Awesome work there Scratch! Setting the standards early doors for everyone else to aspire to.

Thanks mate. So different to last year, which was a real struggle. Most of the things I had working carried over. :)

5 hours ago, Titjes said:

Well done mate 😉 I think this would destroy China even more then you did in FMM21 😂

I'm almost regretting trying it right now. Bought some really good players but the money only goes so far, so I'm left scrambling for cheapish players. Problem is most of the cheaper ones aren't getting work permits... So I'm down to buying random players who have ITN caps... Still I have enough good players that I'm sure it will work out pretty sweetly, just frustrating right now.

10 minutes ago, Donushev said:

Same tactics and not even close to this numbers... how you guys score 100-130 goals per season

Well I'm using a corner tactic that's giving me 50 goals a season to start with, which is a obviously massive help. That leaves about another 100 goals to get (to match my last season, I got way less in the first couple of seasons). I'm not providing public details about it, as really it breaks the game and once you see it, you can't unsee it - but I have had people ask me via DM and I've provided it there (might take a while to answer).

I'm guessing you aren't using the same instructions as me. I said somewhere I was using the same instruction system as I outlined in my TT Blaster tactic and that's still mostly true, but I've settled into using the Balanced system described in there almost all the time, as that seems to get the best results. I never use the Overloading anymore and only use Attacking when Balanced isn't working. I'm also using Wide, Fast and Early Crosses now, which isn't in that post. You still need to a do fair bit of the manual adjustment mentioned in there, especially when you come up against the 3 2 2 2 1 formation or variants of that (with 2 MCs, 2 AMCs, and a striker). So that stuff will likely help you a lot.

But the key to what I'm doing is having a overpowered squad. The tactic just directs where the goals and assists come from, you need to have a dominant squad in the first place - and you need to improve your squad. And also get the right people for the right roles.

A BIG problem is playing Harvey Elliot in the RW position. He's a class player, but he's left footed and his right foot is weak, so he's never going to be able to provide the quality of crosses needed - that is the number 1 key to my tactic. Also, Furushashi is nowhere good enough and not really winger shaped. So I'd get rid of him and retrain Elliot to player as Left Winger and then I'd get the best Right Winger you can get with high Crossing first, then Pace, Movement, etc.

Next, the striker. While Zirkzee used to be one of the best young strikers in the game, he's pretty average these days. He lost 34 PA (out of 200) in the Winter update last year and hasn't recovered any in FMM22. He is only a borderline 4 star player these days. He *can* be decent if he generates on the high side, but if you're after big goals, you need someone better. It can be pretty hard to pick players though, and I do have an unfair advantage, as I'd seen the behind the scenes of Satriano before I picked him. Satriano's default PA is 20 points higher than Zirkzee's and his starting PA is lower too, so he should get quite a few more updates, which is key. 

My recommendation would be to use the wonderkid list to find a top striker and then google them to make sure they are tall (so their Aerial will develop) and make sure they have a decent base. Also see this information from above. Just a note on the Wonderkid List: Zirkzee is on there, but he is only 3 stars (compared to Satriano's 5). I'm not sure he should even be on there to be honest, as some of the other 3 stars are better than him. Colombo's default PA is 12 points higher and is just in the range I'd use. Esposito is only 8 points and probably just outside the range I'd use and he'd get two more updates than Zirkzee will get.

So that's the first thing to fix. I have a 20 Crossing LW and a 19 Crossing RW sending the ball into a 20 Aerial Striker and that's why I get so many goals with this tactic.

But also you need to strengthen the whole squad so that you get more chances. McCarthy is very poor in terms of the quality you need here. Rogic is decent (not great), but scores way too many goals, so is one of the first players I sell. Skipp, Devine and Aarons should be alright.

Anyway, gotta leave it there - good luck! 

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

Well I'm using a corner tactic that's giving me 50 goals a season to start with, which is a obviously massive help. That leaves about another 100 goals to get (to match my last season, I got way less in the first couple of seasons). I'm not providing public details about it, as really it breaks the game and once you see it, you can't unsee it - but I have had people ask me via DM and I've provided it there (might take a while to answer).

I'm guessing you aren't using the same instructions as me. I said somewhere I was using the same instruction system as I outlined in my TT Blaster tactic and that's still mostly true, but I've settled into using the Balanced system described in there almost all the time, as that seems to get the best results. I never use the Overloading anymore and only use Attacking when Balanced isn't working. I'm also using Wide, Fast and Early Crosses now, which isn't in that post. You still need to a do fair bit of the manual adjustment mentioned in there, especially when you come up against the 3 2 2 2 1 formation or variants of that (with 2 MCs, 2 AMCs, and a striker). So that stuff will likely help you a lot.

But the key to what I'm doing is having a overpowered squad. The tactic just directs where the goals and assists come from, you need to have a dominant squad in the first place - and you need to improve your squad. And also get the right people for the right roles.

A BIG problem is playing Harvey Elliot in the RW position. He's a class player, but he's left footed and his right foot is weak, so he's never going to be able to provide the quality of crosses needed - that is the number 1 key to my tactic. Also, Furushashi is nowhere good enough and not really winger shaped. So I'd get rid of him and retrain Elliot to player as Left Winger and then I'd get the best Right Winger you can get with high Crossing first, then Pace, Movement, etc.

Next, the striker. While Zirkzee used to be one of the best young strikers in the game, he's pretty average these days. He lost 34 PA (out of 200) in the Winter update last year and hasn't recovered any in FMM22. He is only a borderline 4 star player these days. He *can* be decent if he generates on the high side, but if you're after big goals, you need someone better. It can be pretty hard to pick players though, and I do have an unfair advantage, as I'd seen the behind the scenes of Satriano before I picked him. Satriano's default PA is 20 points higher than Zirkzee's and his starting PA is lower too, so he should get quite a few more updates, which is key. 

My recommendation would be to use the wonderkid list to find a top striker and then google them to make sure they are tall (so their Aerial will develop) and make sure they have a decent base. Also see this information from above. Just a note on the Wonderkid List: Zirkzee is on there, but he is only 3 stars (compared to Satriano's 5). I'm not sure he should even be on there to be honest, as some of the other 3 stars are better than him. Colombo's default PA is 12 points higher and is just in the range I'd use. Esposito is only 8 points and probably just outside the range I'd use and he'd get two more updates than Zirkzee will get.

So that's the first thing to fix. I have a 20 Crossing LW and a 19 Crossing RW sending the ball into a 20 Aerial Striker and that's why I get so many goals with this tactic.

But also you need to strengthen the whole squad so that you get more chances. McCarthy is very poor in terms of the quality you need here. Rogic is decent (not great), but scores way too many goals, so is one of the first players I sell. Skipp, Devine and Aarons should be alright.

Anyway, gotta leave it there - good luck! 

DM sent

How does your main man play so many games? I'm attempting a 1kc and my guy keeps getting the 'slightly tired' message. With games sometimes every 3 days I have to either leave him out or just sub him on for the last 30 minutes. 

18 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

How does your main man play so many games? I'm attempting a 1kc and my guy keeps getting the 'slightly tired' message. With games sometimes every 3 days I have to either leave him out or just sub him on for the last 30 minutes. 

Well, this might seem weird, only been doing it for the last few careers, doesn't seem to have any ill effect so far, but I leave his training on Low Intensity... I'm a bit nervous it might affect his development especially in the first couple of seasons, but doesn't seem to have done so (but still worried it might next time). 

Apart from that, I sub him off when he get's below 85% - sometimes the delay in getting him off means he can get close to 80% before he's actually off, but he never gets below 80%. That staves off the 'slightly tired' message for a while, but I also give him the odd day off when it arrives. Then I leave him out of the squad entirely - no proof it makes a difference, but my head narrative tells me that helps more than if he's on the bench. And I find most of the goals come early in the game, so I don't see a lot of value in the last 30 minutes.

And of course, Satriano has the very rarely injured message, which helps. I think he's been injured in each season, but mostly it's been like 10 days or something - so that helps him rack up the games.

39 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Well, this might seem weird, only been doing it for the last few careers, doesn't seem to have any ill effect so far, but I leave his training on Low Intensity... I'm a bit nervous it might affect his development especially in the first couple of seasons, but doesn't seem to have done so (but still worried it might next time). 

Apart from that, I sub him off when he get's below 85% - sometimes the delay in getting him off means he can get close to 80% before he's actually off, but he never gets below 80%. That staves off the 'slightly tired' message for a while, but I also give him the odd day off when it arrives. Then I leave him out of the squad entirely - no proof it makes a difference, but my head narrative tells me that helps more than if he's on the bench. And I find most of the goals come early in the game, so I don't see a lot of value in the last 30 minutes.

And of course, Satriano has the very rarely injured message, which helps. I think he's been injured in each season, but mostly it's been like 10 days or something - so that helps him rack up the games.

Wow I would have thought low intensity would definitely affect development. I may have to experiment with that.

I've noticed the goals come either early in the game or from around 65 minutes on, but I do tend to make all my subs around that time and they're usually all attacking players I sub on.

1 hour ago, DutchTony said:

Wow I would have thought low intensity would definitely affect development. I may have to experiment with that.

I've noticed the goals come either early in the game or from around 65 minutes on, but I do tend to make all my subs around that time and they're usually all attacking players I sub on.

Yeah, I feel a bit nervous about it! I think in the first season I left it on Normal most of the time, but then moved it to Low once slightly tired made it's appearance. Then I set it to High just as he got close to getting an increment/update - I have no evidence that works, but just in case... 😝 Anyway in Season 4 he was mostly fully developed and I just left it on Low all season.

Yeah, I guess we do get goals near the end, I never paid it that close attention. But if I was giving him 30 minutes, I'd probably make it the first 30 minutes (although I guess some players do get upset about being subbed too early). 

Just catching up now Scratch, doing great here, he looks amazing as well, never heard of him! It’s making me want to start a 1kc now as I lost my phone, my lower league game is gone, I’m doomed for completing any career 😂

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Just catching up now Scratch, doing great here, he looks amazing as well, never heard of him! It’s making me want to start a 1kc now as I lost my phone, my lower league game is gone, I’m doomed for completing any career 😂

Rich not completing another career? Why am I not surprised? 😂😂

1 minute ago, broodje kip said:

Rich not completing another career? Why am I not surprised? 😂😂

You’ve all jinxed me! I can’t even get passed season 3 these days 😂