Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Selling Players??

JoeySamSam

Has anyone figured out how on earth you sell players this year? I understand making it more difficult so that it's more realistic, especially if they are on large wages, but I have good players on low wages that won't even sell at like 10% their value.

Getting the same problem across multiple careers in different leagues, and transfer listing has absolutely no effect they just sit there with ever decreasing value and no offers coming in. 

I've seen this issue mentioned a couple of times in the forum since game release but I am surprised at how little it has been mentioned given how big a part of the game it is. Can't just be me right?

PS. Love the game as ever apart from that.

It's about the same as last year for me (Scotland and China so far). Not many will sell on day 1, but offer them out every few weeks and eventually the offers will come in. NEVER ever transfer list a player, just offer them out.

If you get a one club offer (slightly more common for me this year), bargain! If he's worth 8M and they offer 2M, then go back with 15M. They will often bargain up significantly, although some teams have no money for that. I'd say about 80% of teams do bargain. If they don't improve their offer when they come back, then maybe they have no money or maybe you went too aggressive so go a bit lower when you go back. 

This year for me it's quite usefull to offer the player at the minimum, like 500 €, and once the offer will come, bargain no more than 4-5 times (in order to avoid the offerer to leave the table).

Of course this will not ensure you to sell everyone, in particular the old ones with very high salary.. It's hard.

I made a "experimental" career with BayernM, and I wasn't able to sell Neuer and Lewandowski. Lone way was, after a pair of year, to renew their contract for a longer period but a lower salary.. and then the offer came.

For whatever not mentioned by me, I agree with Scratch's suggestions.

Still having trouble in lower leagues moving players and it’s frustrating cause you don’t have enough money to buy them out so you are stuck . I get the message after saying x teams are interested in most with a few no interest but ones said teams interested led to zero bids so far . Same with loans got zero offers and have all my reserves n few first team set on loan out got zero so far . 

So is it just more of a problem in lower leagues since players quality less or still tough overall moving players every level ? 

Thinking with them saying in announcements better transfer system and with 5th nation plus having to load all leagues would make more teams available to buy/loan your players ? 

9 hours ago, DIRECTFX said:

Still having trouble in lower leagues moving players and it’s frustrating cause you don’t have enough money to buy them out so you are stuck . I get the message after saying x teams are interested in most with a few no interest but ones said teams interested led to zero bids so far . Same with loans got zero offers and have all my reserves n few first team set on loan out got zero so far . 

So is it just more of a problem in lower leagues since players quality less or still tough overall moving players every level ? 

Thinking with them saying in announcements better transfer system and with 5th nation plus having to load all leagues would make more teams available to buy/loan your players ? 

Personally, I don't think that adding more playable leagues would change it. Currently I'm selling a lot also to "external" leagues.

But just a question: Are you offering them during the transfer market?

38 minutes ago, Ehappel said:

Personally, I don't think that adding more playable leagues would change it. Currently I'm selling a lot also to "external" leagues.

But just a question: Are you offering them during the transfer market?

Yes it’s right off the start try to unload the dead wood at a club the window is open in July 

Im finding I get too many bids for my players, my Southampton career was ruined because I lost all my best players due to clubs making offers that matched their release clauses.

9 hours ago, VinnieV said:

Im finding I get too many bids for my players, my Southampton career was ruined because I lost all my best players due to clubs making offers that matched their release clauses.

I've noticed that with low teams the players often want a low release-clause. You can try to raise it as much as you can, or maybe delete it, giving them more money. this feature i'ts quite realistic and logic imo