Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Corners

I'm managing a team in the third tier of Germany, and I have a lot of big, aerially-dominant players, but we can't seem to score off corners. Does anyone have any set-piece routine ideas I could try out? Corner goals will be extremely valuable in our promotion chase

I find if you aim for the far post then line up your good headerers (best on FP, then MK, then NP with the others GF) you get a lot of bites at the cherry.

One important thing - once you start messing with the corners be sure to nominate at least two players to stay back as the game will occasionally mess this up after a substitution and leave you with no defenders.

7 hours ago, Pete123 said:

I find if you aim for the far post then line up your good headerers (best on FP, then MK, then NP with the others GF) you get a lot of bites at the cherry.

One important thing - once you start messing with the corners be sure to nominate at least two players to stay back as the game will occasionally mess this up after a substitution and leave you with no defenders.

Does it matter if best headers have poor movement, or is this irrelevant?

From my experience, a player with higher movement will lose their marker more easily and tends to score more often. Though I have seen that a player with high Aerial & Strength can also do a good job - so it probably depends on the player marking them

21 hours ago, WolfWarrior07435 said:

Does it matter if best headers have poor movement, or is this irrelevant?

I'm sure that and positioning help, but aeriel and strength are what matter most.