Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Developing Younger Players/Regens

HarshVision

First of all , Hi everyone.

I've had this problem in basically all my saves, which is not knowing how to develop young players into their full potential,most players have a 4 star potential but after a season or two end up with 2 star. Should i loan them or keep them in the reserves?

Thanks everyone and have a great day

Always loan them out, they improve massively (from my experience) I tend to try and get as many affiliate clubs as possible so I can Loan many players out.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Always loan them out, they improve massively (from my experience) I tend to try and get as many affiliate clubs as possible so I can Loan many players out.

Thanks!!

I actually quite like mixing it up, although for sure loaning them out is the best... but if i can make it work, they'll have something like 6 months out, then 6 months in and around the first team, maybe occasional substitute appearances or starts in the other cup games...

It depends a bit on the league you are in. I'd normally say keep them and play them, but in some leagues (Scotland, China), they seem to develop faster if they are loaned out. Maybe that happens for all leagues now though as I haven't played much elsewhere.

With raw youngsters I will just send them out to my affiliates, but as they get better I offer them out and try to get them a higher level. That's when they really take off and can get better than if they were in your team (even if the loan club isn't quite as good as your club).

I normally always play a two team system: Team A (The Big Dogs - This is my main team) and Team B (The Underdogs - This is the team where I put my main youth talent to work). I find this system works perfectly for developing those players with great potential as it gives them the opportunity to develop and ensures they use the club's facilities (which - if they are injured - usually allows them to recover quicker than on loan). I normally play my Team B in cup games I don't care about and against easy opponents. However, sometimes putting your best youth players on loan can be beneficial if they will play every game (If not, I just roll the dice with it and do what I feel would be best).

On 21/12/2021 at 17:18, HarshVision said:

most players have a 4 star potential but after a season or two end up with 2 star.

It might be worth checking the ‘training’ tab for those players. You might find that they have something like “needs to mature in order to develop further”. This usually disappears at the end of a season (or after their birthday). Another thing you can do is to have a couple of these players on your subs bench. They should gain experience, even if they don’t make an appearance. Of course if you actually bring them on and they get game time then they’ll get even more experience. It shouldn’t take them too many matches for them to develop a bit more

On 23/12/2021 at 18:01, DarkNite said:

I normally always play a two team system: Team A (The Big Dogs - This is my main team) and Team B (The Underdogs - This is the team where I put my main youth talent to work). I find this system works perfectly for developing those players with great potential as it gives them the opportunity to develop and ensures they use the club's facilities (which - if they are injured - usually allows them to recover quicker than on loan). I normally play my Team B in cup games I don't care about and against easy opponents. However, sometimes putting your best youth players on loan can be beneficial if they will play every game (If not, I just roll the dice with it and do what I feel would be best).

Exactly this. Set 1st & Cup team start of season. Maybe adjust in Jan if one really shines & can become a regular

Cup games & easy games at home

If possible make affiliate link with a club that is above the 2nd division like you may get eredivisie or Scottish premiership then it would be good for sure

20 hours ago, Myfanwy365 said:

Exactly this. Set 1st & Cup team start of season. Maybe adjust in Jan if one really shines & can become a regular

I normally have 2 equal teams and rotate each game (except for any players I'm doing a challenge for, eg the striker). No one ever gets unhappy about lack of playing time, there's room for a couple of youngsters in each team and we generally still win everything. I might tweak things a little for a UCL final, but that's about it.

18 hours ago, Tanza said:

If possible make affiliate link with a club that is above the 2nd division like you may get eredivisie or Scottish premiership then it would be good for sure

I haven't seen you able to just get an affiliate at a top level (but maybe that's because I don't very often play the top top clubs). However, if you get a bunch at the second level, then just after the end of season event, go to the Finances page and check which level they are at. Sometimes one will get promoted to the top level. If you see that, loan out all your youngsters (or as many as are allowed) to that club right away - often the club will cancel affiliate deal a week or two after the end of season event, but you can get your players in before then and get them a full season of top flight football and they will come back great.

One thing I’ve found helpful is letting your academy kids sit on the bench of your first team, since I hardly use subs anyways. This is particularly useful if your prospect isn’t quite good enough to get playing time on loan against quality competition.

Check the training progress at the end of your first competitive match: some of those youngsters will make progress, some won’t. The ones that do progress just by being on your bench can become 1.5 to 2 star players in a few months and then you can loan them out to get playing time, especially once they’ve hit the “needs to mature” plateau. I also put all the kids on the bench on intensive training.

What's really helpful in Denmark, constant 5 subs.. So if I'm up by 2 at about 50 mins, anyone on a 7 or more is getting replaced by a youngster, to get game time

Only messes up about 5% of the time

22 hours ago, Scratch said:

I haven't seen you able to just get an affiliate at a top level (but maybe that's because I don't very often play the top top clubs)..

I had an affiliate get promoted to the same league as my club so the board cancelled the affiliation

22 minutes ago, Joewins said:

I had an affiliate get promoted to the same league as my club so the board cancelled the affiliation

Yeah that's what I was saying. You have about 1 or 2 weeks after the New Season event to loan out as many players as you can to them before they cancel. It's great if you get that happen!