Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 2-2-3-1-2(w/St.Étienne-1st)


Recommended Posts

Hello guys.Today I'm here with a different formation.I wanted to test my tactic on a team that I have never tried before.I know that St.Etienne team in the French League had a bad time in the league.They are in the last place.That's why I wanted to pick them.It's been a pretty successful season and I won the league without difficulty.The average of 2.50 goals was also good for the first season with this team.I want to show you both the summary of the season and the success of my tactic.

RESULTS

Spoiler

313A62DF-76D6-4C84-ACB1-B09AAEBAE623.png42EEE1F9-5ED2-411C-A36C-D21A2A4AEFD6.thumb.png.9ae54179a3d9ba31461a12642748e461.png93D7BCF8-6FE6-4625-89C1-B23575C5D17A.thumb.png.ef68da3fbfe15ea48607a3910bc95476.png3681B683-3C22-472F-AD03-DD8A077AE90E.thumb.png.14b3e12414d8e0d5c90cf302e01e9c24.png

LEAGUE TABLE and PLAYER STATS

Spoiler

CCA2D2FD-BE83-4735-9E8E-AD32469D3E89.thumb.png.ef48b277d305a647cebed13cea961208.pngD8B1A56B-796D-4F61-BB13-BDED4977A4FF.thumb.png.acd09f5c98e467836071c14311cc0ebe.png

MANAGER STATS

Spoiler

7A343D2A-3CB4-4AFF-9500-665C44AC2F5E.thumb.png.6f77fb56c69ea86d2f34b36be00b2486.png0C33FD8C-08D5-417F-8802-DC81D912F1F8.thumb.png.80a1759cd4c573e9258bdc6e0361797a.png

TACTICS

Spoiler

DCF1B7D4-F2FA-4085-971D-DD1FABCEDE49.thumb.png.76292960248446d7c4671bea472d7efa.pngA5A44D55-477A-4A6B-AB9D-BEFE3457BEF8.thumb.png.91e2948c62feb9d8bd52d5e408e9deed.pngEBAF7071-6BEE-43C0-A69B-E1FB06345936.thumb.png.0030bf91fdbbf0bc20f861d6cda8bdc7.png9863D5D5-958A-408A-8209-E55A302BDD9E.thumb.png.4dd71db90afc4618476a3e72d6b8762c.png502BFBC2-A938-4432-B201-2397CACFAFDB.thumb.png.cd6aacef341dd4dec84b0b58e594e40e.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jackboy said:

Is this a result that has never been edited? The record against PSG is a little incredible.

I've never repeated a match twice☺️but Sugar Daddy was on

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
3分钟前,Miki33说:

我从未重复过两次比赛☺️但甜心爸爸在

 

I'm ready to try, waiting for my report……😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ll give this as a try in a new save as Newcastle and report back after 10-15 games.

Initial feedback is that is has no problem scoring but after playing most of this version with 3 CB’s, those 2 at the back make me nervous!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gave this a run for a full season as Newcastle in a brand new save.

Of course they start with a good budget, but a very average team so I made a whole bunch of signings and this was my strongest starting 11:

IMG_0014.thumb.PNG.fe9d69e3e327abf48d4a320e4e28d259.PNG

Nothing amazing by any stretch - this is how the season ended:

IMG_0013.thumb.PNG.7107c0d6222f9ff1916870ae19e1f618.PNG

I was sceptical I have to admit, but I added in my own Corner routines and I have to say, I am really impressed.

It's quite leaky at the back as you can see and probably imagine due to the setup, but it's lethal going forward and you genuinely always look like scoring.

My team is decent but by no means the best in the division, but we more than held our own.

Heading into the 2nd season, I've invested in the back 4 mainly to see if having better quality there will help stem the flow of conceding goals a little.

Expect to sometimes, just get completely smashed. Chelsea seem to be the ones for me, maybe their 3-5-2 is the weakness to this setup but I made it to the FA Cup final in the 1st season there and got beaten 5-1. Played them in the Community Shield at the start of this season and got hammered 4-1. Don't be put off by results like this, they don't happen often.

I've been very used to conceding a lot less but I have to admit this is a lot of fun to play with.

Will post my 2nd season results soon!

By the way, does anyone have any recommended setups for defending corners? I noticed that I have conceded a few from corners and haven't changed the setup from the defaults.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike Dodgson said:

Gave this a run for a full season as Newcastle in a brand new save.

Of course they start with a good budget, but a very average team so I made a whole bunch of signings and this was my strongest starting 11:

IMG_0014.thumb.PNG.fe9d69e3e327abf48d4a320e4e28d259.PNG

Nothing amazing by any stretch - this is how the season ended:

IMG_0013.thumb.PNG.7107c0d6222f9ff1916870ae19e1f618.PNG

I was sceptical I have to admit, but I added in my own Corner routines and I have to say, I am really impressed.

It's quite leaky at the back as you can see and probably imagine due to the setup, but it's lethal going forward and you genuinely always look like scoring.

My team is decent but by no means the best in the division, but we more than held our own.

Heading into the 2nd season, I've invested in the back 4 mainly to see if having better quality there will help stem the flow of conceding goals a little.

Expect to sometimes, just get completely smashed. Chelsea seem to be the ones for me, maybe their 3-5-2 is the weakness to this setup but I made it to the FA Cup final in the 1st season there and got beaten 5-1. Played them in the Community Shield at the start of this season and got hammered 4-1. Don't be put off by results like this, they don't happen often.

I've been very used to conceding a lot less but I have to admit this is a lot of fun to play with.

Will post my 2nd season results soon!

By the way, does anyone have any recommended setups for defending corners? I noticed that I have conceded a few from corners and haven't changed the setup from the defaults.

Mate,you are great.Congratulations.England is the most difficult league.I think it is a good result for the first season.Yes,I had the problem of conceding goals in the first season with every team.(Unless I chose a big team.) I am curious about the second season.Keep me informed.( If your corner tactic doesn't work,try the set ball organization in the tactic I shared before.I’m sure it will work.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Miki33 - I am progressing with my 2nd season, will post results in the coming days.

I wanted to ask, what setup do you use for Defending corners?

I am finding I am conceding many goals from corners.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Dodgson said:

@Miki33 - I am progressing with my 2nd season, will post results in the coming days.

I wanted to ask, what setup do you use for Defending corners?

I am finding I am conceding many goals from corners.

I'm not doing any setup for defense.
But I attach importance to the Aerial quality of my defenders and midfielder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finished my 2nd season - League win, Carabao Cup Winner, FA Cup Finalist and Semi Finalist in the Champions League.

If you're looking for some fun in this game, go for this tactic - it really is fantastic.

I'd of won the FA Cup and likely the Champions league if not for a few key players being out. 

The Shadow Striker is very important, I lost both of mine for about 3 weeks, as I was playing Bayern over 2 legs - as well as my team struggling for fitness during a heavy run of games in that same period.

We eventually rallied and finished the season strong though.

Got 160m in the 3rd season - I have managed to pick up Mane on a free, Isak, Martinez & Chiesa too, going strong on the offensive this time round.

IMG_0016.thumb.PNG.278d3c6b96c477de20cacc07ffae09bd.PNG

IMG_0015.thumb.PNG.74023d20d45a51a0660cb4932423574f.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, Mike Dodgson said:

Finished my 2nd season - League win, Carabao Cup Winner, FA Cup Finalist and Semi Finalist in the Champions League.

If you're looking for some fun in this game, go for this tactic - it really is fantastic.

I'd of won the FA Cup and likely the Champions league if not for a few key players being out. 

The Shadow Striker is very important, I lost both of mine for about 3 weeks, as I was playing Bayern over 2 legs - as well as my team struggling for fitness during a heavy run of games in that same period.

We eventually rallied and finished the season strong though.

Got 160m in the 3rd season - I have managed to pick up Mane on a free, Isak, Martinez & Chiesa too, going strong on the offensive this time round.

IMG_0016.thumb.PNG.278d3c6b96c477de20cacc07ffae09bd.PNG

IMG_0015.thumb.PNG.74023d20d45a51a0660cb4932423574f.PNG

Well done mate.I'm glad you like my tactic.I'll share another tactic today.I'm sure you'll like it too.You should definitely try it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miki33 said:

 

Well done mate.I'm glad you like my tactic.I'll share another tactic today.I'm sure you'll like it too.You should definitely try it.

I certainly will.

Do you think it’s better than this one? Impressive if it is!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Dodgson said:

I certainly will.

Do you think it’s better than this one? Impressive if it is!

I shared.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

End of 3rd season:

632D3ABC-56BD-4DB5-9548-AC036EFAA107.thumb.jpeg.0b16758e021086f8a7a98629a4ae4131.jpeg

01E72346-3B81-481B-8A53-B8C3BC58F51E.thumb.jpeg.107018e10e4c726757e8081bda0e92ac.jpeg
 

Managed to bag Haaland on a free heading into the 4th season, and got the England job.

Having loads of fun with this one!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike Dodgson said:

End of 3rd season:

632D3ABC-56BD-4DB5-9548-AC036EFAA107.thumb.jpeg.0b16758e021086f8a7a98629a4ae4131.jpeg

01E72346-3B81-481B-8A53-B8C3BC58F51E.thumb.jpeg.107018e10e4c726757e8081bda0e92ac.jpeg
 

Managed to bag Haaland on a free heading into the 4th season, and got the England job.

Having loads of fun with this one!

This is very good news. I also noticed that you have conceded fewer goals this season.Continue!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just applied this to a Leeds save I was in real trouble on with a crazy tactic I was attempting to make useable. I was sat in the relegation spots going into November. 

13 goals in 4 games (all wins) with a good but not world class team looks very promising and already up to 9th place. The match screens to see how your team plays this system are a fun watch! I don't even have an SS to use in that spot so I'm having to play Mateusz Bogusz there but it's still looking very effective!

I have a deal for Brennan Johnson already agreed for January so I'll keep that move because looking at his traits and stats I think I can train him to be a good SS in this system. Looking forward to seeing how the season finishes up now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Schwantz34 said:

Just applied this to a Leeds save I was in real trouble on with a crazy tactic I was attempting to make useable. I was sat in the relegation spots going into November. 

13 goals in 4 games (all wins) with a good but not world class team looks very promising and already up to 9th place. The match screens to see how your team plays this system are a fun watch! I don't even have an SS to use in that spot so I'm having to play Mateusz Bogusz there but it's still looking very effective!

I have a deal for Brennan Johnson already agreed for January so I'll keep that move because looking at his traits and stats I think I can train him to be a good SS in this system. Looking forward to seeing how the season finishes up now.

I'm curious about the results.Please inform me.Good luck mate

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2022 at 23:27, Miki33 said:

I'm curious about the results.Please inform me.Good luck mate

Got to say it was a fun ride filled with mixed results and a European trophy win. Injuries crippled my team towards the back end of the season so it was just like managing Leeds in real life 😂

I think once I add some defenders that are more consistent the losses will become fewer and the goals conceded will come down a bit. Looking forward to the next season on this crazy ride!

I applied the tactic on November 4th and here's how it went;

Most Used 11

mRkESkB.png

Final Table

IuDsB8v.png

Transfers In

pNiplGG.png

Transfers Out

hJe9mW5.png

eqOHZcd.png

Goals

ssLOKk7.png

Assists

DTy0sI6.png

Results

4ABTMb9.png

WjX3QKj.png

gPOfxMl.png

JXV3CdX.png

LjB4pso.png

W1t3ad0.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've used this tactic for almost 5 seasons now, here's how it went for anyone interested. 

I started unemployed and took a job at Maidstone United in the National League South. They were struggling but I only had 8 games left of the season and no transfer window. We narrowly missed out on the playoffs by a point.

In the summer I pretty much cleared out the entire playing squad/staff and signed a whole new team with some good free transfers. We won the league by a landslide with 122 points and 134 goals scored.

Very similar the season after in the National league with 118 points and 126 goals scored and the FA Trophy.

On to League Two and a couple of decent free transfers we clinched the Papa John's trophy and the league title with 109 points and 103 goals scored. 

League 1 is where it started to get a bit more difficult with a big step up in opposition quality. Up until now I'd spent nothing on transfers and only sold a couple of players for miniscule amounts. Also my wage budget was tiny in comparison to the likes of Sunderland and Sheff Wed and pretty much the rest of the league. I signed some decent free transfers and quite a few of the younger players I'd signed in the lower leagues were improving with each season. We conceded quite a few goals in this season in comparison to the three 3 before with almost double the amount (62) and even though we were still scoring alot (96) we managed to finish in the playoff places. I made a tactical tweak about half way through the season by dropping the BWM to CDM to help out more defensively as my two 4* center backs were struggling to defend the step up in quality and I had no chance of getting anything better with my budget. I was readying myself for another season in League One but we managed to win the playoffs by beating Sunderland 2-1 in the final.

On to the current Championship season and the biggest step up in quality so far. I decided the keep the BWM in CDM, moving him forward into CM if we are needing a goal during games. I played half the season with alot of the team that got me promoted and a few loan signings to see how it went. We didn't do too good and by January we were stuck in 16th place. Fearing relegation I sold a few of our younger players that were worth a good amount and most of the team that got me promoted for about 15 million total in the January window and tryed to build a new team with more experienced players. I looked at the European Market for the first time in the save and signed 12 players with international experience to try to push me up the league. I spent about 8 million. So far its kind of worked and we've improved a little bit. We are up to 14th with 6 games to go. Still struggling a bit with consistency but we will go again next season hopefully with a few more quality additions in the summer.

I'd say you need all of your players to be of 3.5-4* ability minimum for this tactic to work as you do concede alot and games against good teams can run away from you against quality opposition. I'm going to stick by this tactic for another season and see if I can get promoted but if I finish mid table again I might look to switch it up to something a bit more defensive. 

I hope this helps anyone that is looking to do a lower league save with this tactic. It's fun and your team will score alot of goals but the challenge comes in finding good enough players as soon as you get to league one level with a low wage budget.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...