Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Ruben Amorim 2.0 | **now with 3.0 update**

Schwantz34

FI-Ruben-Amorim-1200x540.png

Finally! While I'm still not 100% happy with it, I have now managed to get a version of my successful FMM21 Amorim tactic working consistently. Not sure it will work for everyone and as with the previous version you will need good wingbacks that can get up and down and cross, as well as a good BPD (cut down from two I used previously to one with this version) and a good AP. Only fully tested with Feyenoord so far and won everything I was in with them in season 2. Season 1 we were third but I was still tinkering a lot so wouldn't have been a fair test to post up that one. I've also applied it to saves with Leeds, Norwich, ADO Den Haag, 1860 Munchen and it's improved results drastically with all of them. I'll add some of them to this post once I finish off full seasons with some of those. Might be a day or two for that though.

Anyway hopefully it will work for some of you as well or you can adapt it for yourselves.

Tactical Instructions

HrM3f30.png

vVDyGCI.png

s7EQr2a.png

Most Used 11

n6qhqWz.png

Season

uxAwoJQ.png

Final Table

dxWHeCu.png

Transfers In

M172I5H.png

Transfers Out

MIPVhCR.png

k2jCb9a.png

kONSL5M.png

Goals

auofhwa.png

Assists

ZoTRVgW.png

Results

nMtJKMA.png

2Q36pRe.png

jWcOxne.png

pZZsLEc.png

c0fHCvy.png

GMm0Yct.png

Here is the result of me applying the tactic to a Den Haag save that I'd started with a different tactic that I couldn't get going. Applied the Amorim 2.0 on 15 OCT 21 and you can see the run the team went on to go from a bottom half position to gaining promotion. Campbell was a January loan because he suited the tactic.

Most Used 11

HakSrcB.jpg

Season

oyuiKon.jpg

Final Table

cJDEmtH.jpg

Transfers In

WdoVq2U.jpg

Transfers Out

C3jFVRS.jpg

Goals

eIFrUi5.jpg

Assists

AjBGfeN.jpg

Results

DpLpRu9.jpg

WDDhNJT.jpg

Rqmr8Ap.jpg

Fy8LzAL.jpg

Happy FM playing and if you give it a go let me know how you get on!

6hYhfEj.jpg

Edited by Schwantz34
4 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

Will give this a try at some point, your version last year was a seriously good tactic!

I'm not convinced this one is as good yet so seeing how my other seasons at different teams pan out with it.

Obviously it's done well for me in the Netherlands as you can see, and with a far from world class squad we also won in Europe.

1 hour ago, Charlielfc24 said:

Hello ive used your tactic with celtic and it works alright :) but i have a question how come you have time wasting on from the get go? 

I found previously that it seemed to help keep the goals conceded down, so I left it on again in this version.

Let us know how you get on with this, I’ve been trying to replicate this set up since FM22 came out as is very similar to Steve Cooper’s 3-4-3 at Forest, but I used 2 BPD’s and a CD, a BBM and a DLP, and a PF, as this is more like Cooper’s set up

6 minutes ago, westyorksnffc said:

Let us know how you get on with this, I’ve been trying to replicate this set up since FM22 came out as is very similar to Steve Cooper’s 3-4-3 at Forest, but I used 2 BPD’s and a CD, a BBM and a DLP, and a PF, as this is more like Cooper’s set up

It's working where I've used it so far. Updating the original post with the Den Haag results now. Not finished the other saves yet but it's going well on those still. Also started another two tests with it at Milan and Leverkusen.

Decided to test this with Leeds and the first half of the season has been promising.  

Relative to where we would expect to be we've over performed. 

5th in the league at the mid point, breaking away as a top 5, although City are already quite comfortable at the top. 

Screenshot_20220121-070136.thumb.png.14fb48e5bf80b99e3f6c3affdcb313ca.png

A slowish start, but 1 loss in 13 including wins against Chelsea and Liverpool can't be ignored, 9 clean sheets too. 

Screenshot_20220121-070214.thumb.png.d6f30c13cb4a1bc81d4e331a02eeb127.png

Screenshot_20220121-070238.thumb.png.842dc4fa5ed802f86acc2c9e73097d01.png

Bamford topping the scoring charts with 8, Klich's performances not great, he's been booked alot but is contributing with goals. 

Screenshot_20220121-070338.thumb.png.369c5e3a0bd57707e1f6ecd594b142e6.png

8 hours ago, CJ_Randell said:

Decided to test this with Leeds and the first half of the season has been promising.  

Relative to where we would expect to be we've over performed. 

5th in the league at the mid point, breaking away as a top 5, although City are already quite comfortable at the top. 

Screenshot_20220121-070136.thumb.png.14fb48e5bf80b99e3f6c3affdcb313ca.png

A slowish start, but 1 loss in 13 including wins against Chelsea and Liverpool can't be ignored, 9 clean sheets too. 

Screenshot_20220121-070214.thumb.png.d6f30c13cb4a1bc81d4e331a02eeb127.png

Screenshot_20220121-070238.thumb.png.842dc4fa5ed802f86acc2c9e73097d01.png

Bamford topping the scoring charts with 8, Klich's performances not great, he's been booked alot but is contributing with goals. 

Screenshot_20220121-070338.thumb.png.369c5e3a0bd57707e1f6ecd594b142e6.png

As you improve your squad it should show in the results as well.

5 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

As you improve your squad it should show in the results as well.

Are there any key attributes you would look for in new signings? 

Should I just use the role specific attributes? 

1 hour ago, CJ_Randell said:

Are there any key attributes you would look for in new signings? 

Should I just use the role specific attributes? 

The wingbacks are the key usually. Fast ones that can cross.

The central midfield two. Decisions and passing are what I look for first there.

I'm still not convinced poacher is the best striker role for the system so I'll probably be playing around with that a bit.

9 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

The wingbacks are the key usually. Fast ones that can cross.

The central midfield two. Decisions and passing are what I look for first there.

I'm still not convinced poacher is the best striker role for the system so I'll probably be playing around with that a bit.

Been using this, poacher does seem inconsistent. One year Isak banged in 30+, the next he’s struggled to get to 20 but the IFs chip in with a decent amount. 

CM and the RWB in particular seem to get booked a lot too. 

2 hours ago, N3R016 said:

Been using this, poacher does seem inconsistent. One year Isak banged in 30+, the next he’s struggled to get to 20 but the IFs chip in with a decent amount. 

CM and the RWB in particular seem to get booked a lot too. 

The CM I can understand but the RWB sounds like a possible player discipline issue. Do they have good decision making and tackling stats?

4 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

The CM I can understand but the RWB sounds like a possible player discipline issue. Do they have good decision making and tackling stats?

14 for each on Matty Cash, 15 & 17 on Lamptey (picked him up cheap as he wanted to leave)

5 hours ago, N3R016 said:

14 for each on Matty Cash, 15 & 17 on Lamptey (picked him up cheap as he wanted to leave)

Strange. Not had Cash in that system but never had an issue with Lamptey.

18 minutes ago, KNSMIGAS said:

Do you have any update from the tactic ?

An update for what?

It's a tactic that was adapted from a previously successful one and it worked so I posted it up.

3 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

An update for what?

It's a tactic that was adapted from a previously successful one and it worked so I posted it up.

I ask, because you maybe change anything on the tactic. But thanks

18 minutes ago, KNSMIGAS said:

I ask, because you maybe change anything on the tactic. But thanks

I have been doing tactic tests on other setups so I haven't used mine as much lately. It's still working when I do though.

If I change anything and it works I'll always post it up 👍

Edited by Schwantz34

Okay so I might have a 3.0 version of this if things don't suddenly fall apart (which this game is notorious for doing mid save), which is closer to how Amorim actually sets up in that it doesn't score crazy numbers but it doesn't concede a lot either and wins games.

If it doesn't just stop working I'll post up the full season once I'm done testing it.

Here's how it's performed so far;

2GaiKVK.jpg

Watch it fall apart from here in classic FM style 😂

**UPDATED SYSTEM - Amorim 3.0**

I'm happier with this setup because it looks more solid and balanced though I'd still like it to score a few more but that could be down to my strikers not being in the elite class as it's largely still most of the default Leeds squad I'm using. That said we got to an FA Cup semi final, won a Community Shield and a EURO Cup and missed the league title by 2 goals, which is probably down to me playing a lot of the youngsters in games I thought we would win still with a weakened side that ended up being draws. Plus side is their stats are up a lot ready for next season. Transfer wise I lost Struijk to Barca (January) and Holmgren Pedersen (before the season started) to Bayern, and replaced them with Solet and Maehle. Added some depth in January with Schlotterbeck and Adarabioyo coming in.

I think the league title would have been easily won had I not blooded a lot of those youngsters but Leeds have loads so wanted to get them involved.

I'm thinking of dropping the time wasting option for next season to see if it makes a positive difference but will keep it the same otherwise probably.

The Feyenoord save I used the 2.0 version with has the 3.0 version applied for season two there, so that will be a good comparison which I'll also add to this post once I finish that.

Anyway here it is with Leeds;

Tactical instructions;

eiep3C0.jpg

QjUGOWo.jpg

TEHakqf.jpg

Most used 11

X7vYzoB.jpg

Season

PKHa15A.jpg

Final table

a3mFbGc.jpg

Transfers in

NT9FItD.jpg

Transfers out

Tlr74rc.jpg

DVV860v.jpg

ExWbM9M.jpg

Goals

6DLqjpJ.jpg

Assists

YyfM7Mx.jpg

Results

8YAhQTN.jpg

N2M67Ig.jpg

HsaduqT.jpg

33kMnEv.jpg

hrUjPMB.jpg

gTiJKrq.jpg

Hopefully it will be an effective tactic for some of you guys too!

1 hour ago, Gerrit87 said:

Luckily NAC still beated you’re Amorim tactic and won the league. 😋

You missed this bit then "Applied the Amorim 2.0 on 15 OCT 21 and you can see the run the team went on to go from a bottom half position to gaining promotion".

😂😋

I will give this tactic a go. Do the inverted wingers to be left footed on the left side for example?

Also, do you think the new tactic will work with 1 BPD rather than two?

Edited by ron1hy
5 hours ago, ron1hy said:

I will give this tactic a go. Do the inverted wingers to be left footed on the left side for example?

Also, do you think the new tactic will work with 1 BPD rather than two?

I tried it with one (see the first post) and I don't think it works very well, because with two BPD's it's easier for them to get the ball moving forward.

With the inverted wingers it depends on the player from my experience. Dan James for example can play either side just as well, but Raphinha seemed much less effective when used on the left and was very good on the right.

Edited by Schwantz34
1 hour ago, Schwantz34 said:

I tried it with one (see the first post) and I don't think it works very well, because with two BPD's it's easier for them to get the ball moving forward.

With the inverted wingers it depends on the player from my experience. Dan James for example can play either side just as well, but Raphinha seemed much less effective when used on the left and was very good on the right.

Ok thanks for the info

On 13/02/2022 at 23:50, Schwantz34 said:

**UPDATED SYSTEM - Amorim 3.0**

I'm happier with this setup because it looks more solid and balanced though I'd still like it to score a few more but that could be down to my strikers not being in the elite class as it's largely still most of the default Leeds squad I'm using. That said we got to an FA Cup semi final, won a Community Shield and a EURO Cup and missed the league title by 2 goals, which is probably down to me playing a lot of the youngsters in games I thought we would win still with a weakened side that ended up being draws. Plus side is their stats are up a lot ready for next season. Transfer wise I lost Struijk to Barca (January) and Holmgren Pedersen (before the season started) to Bayern, and replaced them with Solet and Maehle. Added some depth in January with Schlotterbeck and Adarabioyo coming in.

I think the league title would have been easily won had I not blooded a lot of those youngsters but Leeds have loads so wanted to get them involved.

I'm thinking of dropping the time wasting option for next season to see if it makes a positive difference but will keep it the same otherwise probably.

The Feyenoord save I used the 2.0 version with has the 3.0 version applied for season two there, so that will be a good comparison which I'll also add to this post once I finish that.

Anyway here it is with Leeds;

Tactical instructions;

eiep3C0.jpg

QjUGOWo.jpg

TEHakqf.jpg

Most used 11

X7vYzoB.jpg

Season

PKHa15A.jpg

Final table

a3mFbGc.jpg

Transfers in

NT9FItD.jpg

Transfers out

Tlr74rc.jpg

DVV860v.jpg

ExWbM9M.jpg

Goals

6DLqjpJ.jpg

Assists

YyfM7Mx.jpg

Results

8YAhQTN.jpg

N2M67Ig.jpg

HsaduqT.jpg

33kMnEv.jpg

hrUjPMB.jpg

gTiJKrq.jpg

Hopefully it will be an effective tactic for some of you guys too!

What are the key attributes needed for each position? This will be very helpful 😊

4 hours ago, ron1hy said:

What are the key attributes needed for each position? This will be very helpful 😊

This can be done when you search for players. Use the customise button, go to attributes and then select attributes according to role.

7 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

This can be done when you search for players. Use the customise button, go to attributes and then select attributes according to role.

Thank you 

Switched to direct passing and time wasting off on a couple of saves and it seems to score more with that. You will get the 'Direct passing ineffective as striker failed to win aerial duels', which is absolute nonsense because I was still getting that message after a 5-1 win where my forward had scored a hat-trick. Good old FM 😂

Edited by Schwantz34