Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Anyone ever managed to finish a 30 year career?

Resurgam

Planning on finally doing a 30 year career with Dulwich Hamlet when the transfer updates out, only ever managed to do a few 10 year careers. Anyone else managed to do the full 30? How did it go? Does the game slow down in the latter stages at all?

Edited by Resurgam

Managed to do it once on FMM19 where I managed Barca for 15 seasons and then Man City for 15. Doing some challenges helped my motivation as I completed the 1000 goals challenge three times as well as a Double Trouble (1200 goals from two strikers).

Wasn’t any performance issues that I remember either and it felt a real achievement to complete all those seasons. Can’t see myself ever doing it again though.

Since you were talking about saves getting slow at the end. My long term saves tends to run about 22-25 years, and it gets really boring at the end.

Nearing the end I kinda just become disinterested in players I'll never see the conclusion to their careers, I just stop at 20+ years. That's just about enough time for me to build a team based on current players for 5-10 years, they retire so it slowly it becomes the younger lads plus some regens I love. So when that 2nd generation retires, it gets kinda dull.

Edited by Meow
24 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Didn't @Mr Tree get to 30 years with his Pensioners in China career a few years ago? And his Goal-a-Mile and Best League in the World careers tend to be pretty long

I'm pretty sure he did or is at least well on his way.

Did it once in FMM20, like others have said you get disinterested towards the end, it is a slog in fairness. 

I'm either on this Danish save, just quit if i get to 1st & do a new Wrexham save. Or in the time remaining, take a lower tier club & see start I can do

I did it for the Impossible Challenge 2019/20 where i won every league and trophy available in 4 countries and in every possible league. I made mine more interesting i didn’t spend a penny, they was either freebies or ran out of contract.

So with that in mind, and I’m doing it again now with York, just got 3 promotions and now in league 1, so with a challenge like this you can do it and for a good cause

4 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

Didn't @Mr Tree get to 30 years with his Pensioners in China career a few years ago? And his Goal-a-Mile and Best League in the World careers tend to be pretty long

@Kaneganwas your man in China, but yeah a couple of my Goal a Mile careers went the distance... didn't notice any performance issues but i tend to have great phones and just one country... @Meowis right though, towards the end you just don't care about transfers or youth because you're never going to see them develop fully...

I have on FM 20, 21 and 22. Funnily enough 22 was more of a slog to get to 30 seasons but that was more to do with having done it twice before. If FM 23 is radically different, I might do it again but I don’t expect any massive changes. 

982E3AAF-B6C1-48D6-BF4B-E7E093F47673.jpeg

F7537A24-22B5-4966-8EAB-9D4130D87A04.jpeg

69E18D11-35C4-4070-A2CC-39ABBC126784.jpeg