Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Fm22 database

Mircoski

You don't need a rooted phone, but it is pretty hard to get the database these days. It's in the Android\obb\com.sega.soccer.manager folder, but there are two problems:

1. With the newer versions of Android, some file managers can't see that folder anymore, so you might need to connect your phone to a PC and access it via Window Explorer. And you need a PC anyway because...
  2. Inside that folder you are going to find a .obb file. You need to copy that to your PC and rename it to have a .fmf extension (instead of .obb). Then you need to use the Football Manager Resource Archiver to extract that. The Resource Archiver comes as an extra if you buy full FM, so if you don't have FM, you need to buy it! But if you've bought it any time in the last few years, you should be good (the FM20 one still works for eg). 

Once you've extracted it you'll find everything that used to be in the Android/data file in older versions, including the database folder. So yeah, possible, but definitely not straight forward.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

With the newer versions of Android, some file managers can't see that folder anymore, so you might need to connect your phone to a PC and access it via Window Explorer.

I know you said you need the PC anyway for the next step to change to the .fmf extension and archiving it.

But for the record, you can access Android/data and Android/obb files using a file explorer. Just not the default one that comes on the phone, so you'll need to download a file explorer that can.

I thought I'd just mention that because it's useful not just for FMM but for a multitude of other games.

Edited by Meow
1 hour ago, Meow said:

I know you said you need the PC anyway for the next step to change to the .fmf extension and archiving it.

But for the record, you can access Android/data and Android/obb files using a file explorer. Just not the default one that comes on the phone, so you'll need to download a file explorer that can.

I thought I'd just mention that because it's useful not just for FMM but for a multitude of other games.

Yeah fair point, although I don't think you can open it without the FM Resource Archiver on PC? Or can you? 

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Yeah fair point, although I don't think you can open it without the FM Resource Archiver on PC? Or can you? 

I tried with RAR once and it failed miserably. I think the .obb was tailored for the Resource Archiver, as it was not intended for regular users, as it used to be. Sadly, this is a sign that SI never wanted us to access the database in the first place, unlike the Android version.

4 hours ago, Scratch said:

You don't need a rooted phone, but it is pretty hard to get the database these days. It's in the Android\obb\com.sega.soccer.manager folder, but there are two problems:

1. With the newer versions of Android, some file managers can't see that folder anymore, so you might need to connect your phone to a PC and access it via Window Explorer. And you need a PC anyway because...
  2. Inside that folder you are going to find a .obb file. You need to copy that to your PC and rename it to have a .fmf extension (instead of .obb). Then you need to use the Football Manager Resource Archiver to extract that. The Resource Archiver comes as an extra if you buy full FM, so if you don't have FM, you need to buy it! But if you've bought it any time in the last few years, you should be good (the FM20 one still works for eg). 

Once you've extracted it you'll find everything that used to be in the Android/data file in older versions, including the database folder. So yeah, possible, but definitely not straight forward.

A thousand thanks!
I bought all the original movies since 2017 so I shouldn't have any problems following your guide!
I'm going to put my hand to the database to add categories to the nations, for example those lower than the Italian Serie C ... do you think it's possible?
thanks again for your help
21 minutes ago, Mircoski said:
A thousand thanks!
I bought all the original movies since 2017 so I shouldn't have any problems following your guide!
I'm going to put my hand to the database to add categories to the nations, for example those lower than the Italian Serie C ... do you think it's possible?
thanks again for your help

Sadly, that is not possible. Also, you can't simply load the database in the standard Editor, and there is no official editing tools for it. The only viable option is Hex Editor, but it's very complicated.

2 minutes ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

Sadly, that is not possible. Also, you can't simply load the database in the standard Editor, and there is no official editing tools for it. The only viable option is Hex Editor, but it's very complicated.

Yes the hex editor is more complicated than the PC method and we can only play with more leauges in touch version which didn't release from mobile this year

1 minute ago, Tanza said:

Yes the hex editor is more complicated than the PC method and we can only play with more leauges in touch version which didn't release from mobile this year

Yeah, editing with Hex can be a pain (mostly for my eyes) sometimes. Still, with it you can do minor edits that can sometimes be useful, like @Pete123 did with his Super League database. I did make a custom database this year, but I had long since retired, so it won't be here for the time being.

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, you'd need PC for that.

Primarily the use of shifting files without a PC is for archiving saves from Android/data, I do that at the end of every season. But that's child's play compared to accessing the databases.

15 hours ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

is there some way to convert a pc version fm datadase into a mobile version?
6 hours ago, Mircoski said:

Actually there is no way we can do it

On 17/02/2022 at 05:09, Mircoski said:

Of course not, the PC version's database has an entirely different structure, and even if it did the size would be too big for the mobile version to process.

But there should be a way to edit football manager mobile's database other than hex editor earlier I guess when handheld was launched app was installed from Google play but data was installed when we visited the app so if obb converts to data we may edit it don't know if this is making any sense

Edited by Guest
hi guys I'm continuing to work on the new database and I was wondering if there is the possibility with the hex editor to increase the influx of regens of a certain nationality.
I have read that each nation has a value from 1 to 200 which determines the quality of the regens of that specific nationality ... where do I find it?
and is there also a value to increase the amount of regens of a specific nationality?
thanks for your contribution
On 23/02/2022 at 02:52, Mircoski said:
hi guys I'm continuing to work on the new database and I was wondering if there is the possibility with the hex editor to increase the influx of regens of a certain nationality.
I have read that each nation has a value from 1 to 200 which determines the quality of the regens of that specific nationality ... where do I find it?
and is there also a value to increase the amount of regens of a specific nationality?
thanks for your contribution

Maybe someone else will no more about this than me (I don't know much about this part).

I've never heard of a 1 to 200 value that controls regen quality. It'd be great if it exists, but no idea where it would be.

From what I can tell the regen quality comes from the retiring players. Every player in the game comes back as a regen (except very occasionally when they disappear and their PA gets split apart), even very low level players with a PA of 10 for eg. They very occasionally change nationality, but are generally the same. So the next generation of a nation's players will have the same PA spread as the previous generation.

Maybe there is a number that controls that and makes it more likely for players to change nationality to that country, but I don't know where.

Same with a number to increase the number of regens from a country - the pattern should generally stay the same with each new generation replacing the previous one. If you are managing a certain national team, that nation should generate more players, but I'm not aware of a database value that controls this (maybe it's there, I just don't know about it). 

Anyway, hope there is someone else out there that knows more about this than I do! 

Thank you for your feedback 

I have another question I am trying to change the name of the competitions with the file changes.txt but I can't do it what am I wrong?
in which folder should the file be placed?
just reload the skin or do I have to start a new game?
this is an example of the string I used

COMPETITION" "Italian Serie A" "Premier League" "Premier League" "PL"
"COMPETITION" "Italian Serie B" "Sky bet Championship" "Championship" "CH"
"COMPETITION" "Italian Serie C/A" "Sky Bet League One" "League One" L1"
"COMPETITION" "Italian Serie C/B" "Sky Bet League Two" "League Two" "L2"
"COMPETITION" "Italian Serie C/C" "Vanarama National League" "Vanarama National League" "VNL"

where I wrong?

Thanks for your help

1 hour ago, Mircoski said:

Thank you for your feedback 

I have another question I am trying to change the name of the competitions with the file changes.txt but I can't do it what am I wrong?
in which folder should the file be placed?
just reload the skin or do I have to start a new game?
this is an example of the string I used

COMPETITION" "Italian Serie A" "Premier League" "Premier League" "PL"
"COMPETITION" "Italian Serie B" "Sky bet Championship" "Championship" "CH"
"COMPETITION" "Italian Serie C/A" "Sky Bet League One" "League One" L1"
"COMPETITION" "Italian Serie C/B" "Sky Bet League Two" "League Two" "L2"
"COMPETITION" "Italian Serie C/C" "Vanarama National League" "Vanarama National League" "VNL"

where I wrong?

Thanks for your help

Changes.txt should work on existing saves. In olden times, people said you had to start a new game, but in recent years it always seems to effect existing saves too.  But...

In the last couple of years there have been a lot of people saying changes.txt doesn't work anymore. And I've seen people say you need to put it in two places. And I've seen people saying just reloading skin isn't enough, you have to restart your phone.

I'm not sure which of those things are true or not as I haven't used changes.txt for a long time - so I'm not sure that's much help sorry, but it's all I know...

43 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Changes.txt should work on existing saves. In olden times, people said you had to start a new game, but in recent years it always seems to effect existing saves too.  But...

In the last couple of years there have been a lot of people saying changes.txt doesn't work anymore. And I've seen people say you need to put it in two places. And I've seen people saying just reloading skin isn't enough, you have to restart your phone.

I'm not sure which of those things are true or not as I haven't used changes.txt for a long time - so I'm not sure that's much help sorry, but it's all I know...

thanks all the same for your feedback
On 24/02/2022 at 10:02, Mircoski said:
thanks all the same for your feedback
hello I would have another problem I have exchanged the teams of the Italian league with those of the English league the season goes on quietly but at the end of the season both the Italian and the English teams are not qualified for the European cups
promotions and relegations work but in the Champions League Europa League and Conference League do not participate despite having the right what am I wrong?
is there anything to change in hex editor?
Thank you so much for the help
On 04/03/2022 at 15:19, Mircoski said:
hello I would have another problem I have exchanged the teams of the Italian league with those of the English league the season goes on quietly but at the end of the season both the Italian and the English teams are not qualified for the European cups
promotions and relegations work but in the Champions League Europa League and Conference League do not participate despite having the right what am I wrong?
is there anything to change in hex editor?
Thank you so much for the help

I did a test if I change the nationality of the teams then at the end of the championship they qualify for the cups
so I swapped the teams from the Italian to the English league and in addition I swapped the nationality of the Italian and English teams
only in this way do they qualify for the cups
 there is a way to make them qualify by leaving them of the same nationality and moving them only to the championship?
thanks for your help

16.02.2022 saat 09:20'de AlexdeSouza şunları söyledi:

Bende var, biri özel olarak zevk almak için iletirim

bro i need a program where can i download it can you help me