Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Article Big Post of Major Changes in the FMM22 Winter Database

Scratch

10 hours ago, KaineZino said:

Sorry but just because I might do a career invloving benfica did morato henrique araujo or goncalo ramos get any changes

Is he called Morato in the game? I'm seeing a 20 year old CD called Morato at Benfica. His default PA is down by 2, but that won't really make a difference.

Gonçalo Ramos has the same PA, but his CA went up by 3, so maybe he'll have a tiny bit less development than before (but maybe his starting attributes are better?).

9 hours ago, henda666 said:

Great summary!   how you know their potential ability ?

I have a program that looks at the database files and extracts the info for all the players. It's not public, because I'm sure SI Games wouldn't be happy about that, but I share a little bit here and there like this post. I'm also releasing a scouting app sometime soon (Android only this year, won't be free).

7 hours ago, Scratch said:

I have a program that looks at the database files and extracts the info for all the players. It's not public, because I'm sure SI Games wouldn't be happy about that, but I share a little bit here and there like this post. I'm also releasing a scouting app sometime soon (Android only this year, won't be free).

You've been teasing me wth this app for years now..... 😪😂

19 hours ago, Scratch said:

Is he called Morato in the game? I'm seeing a 20 year old CD called Morato at Benfica. His default PA is down by 2, but that won't really make a difference.

Gonçalo Ramos has the same PA, but his CA went up by 3, so maybe he'll have a tiny bit less development than before (but maybe his starting attributes are better?).

Thanksss bro just benfica being the team I support judt wanted to know how the big talents are 😅

On 27/02/2022 at 01:44, Scratch said:

I find the SI Games issue hard to believe to be quite honest - they never complained about iScout, save editor or even PGE when those were a thing

29 minutes ago, Niall_McGinn said:

I find the SI Games issue hard to believe to be quite honest - they never complained about iScout, save editor or even PGE when those were a thing

The program that looks at the database is a web app, so by make it public I mean make a website like FM Scout or sortitoutsi. I've heard from someone running a site like that that SI Games (or maybe it's Sega) do not like you sharing full CA and PA values, etc and their lawyers will be in touch. Makes sense, as they don't want their database too accessible, or their competitors will scrape the website and use SI games' data in their FM clones... 

I think they are less worried about scouting apps, because there's no easy way to export their database from it. But I'm just guessing about that.

The database tool doesn't make sense as an mobile app or a windows app (rather than a website), as it's a pain for people to access the database - they have to copy a .obb file to a PC, rename it, then use full FM's resource archiver to open and then copy the database files somewhere, etc. Much easier for it to be a website.

I may actually do a website at some point, but I'll have to be careful about what info is shared - ie I'll almost certainly have to make the CA and PA values star values like in the editor. Probably some other stuff too. Anyway, that's not short term. But the scouting app should be not too far away.

10 hours ago, Scratch said:

The program that looks at the database is a web app, so by make it public I mean make a website like FM Scout or sortitoutsi. I've heard from someone running a site like that that SI Games (or maybe it's Sega) do not like you sharing full CA and PA values, etc and their lawyers will be in touch. Makes sense, as they don't want their database too accessible, or their competitors will scrape the website and use SI games' data in their FM clones... 

I think they are less worried about scouting apps, because there's no easy way to export their database from it. But I'm just guessing about that.

The database tool doesn't make sense as an mobile app or a windows app (rather than a website), as it's a pain for people to access the database - they have to copy a .obb file to a PC, rename it, then use full FM's resource archiver to open and then copy the database files somewhere, etc. Much easier for it to be a website.

I may actually do a website at some point, but I'll have to be careful about what info is shared - ie I'll almost certainly have to make the CA and PA values star values like in the editor. Probably some other stuff too. Anyway, that's not short term. But the scouting app should be not too far away.

@Scratch hi! 
I just had a quick question. This app that you are going to be releasing, will it be just for FMM22 or will it work for upcoming versions as well? As in, for subsequent versions would you have to build a new app or just update the existing app? 

I am getting into programming myself so just curious.

18 minutes ago, Azagahst said:

@Scratch hi! 
I just had a quick question. This app that you are going to be releasing, will it be just for FMM22 or will it work for upcoming versions as well? As in, for subsequent versions would you have to build a new app or just update the existing app? 

I am getting into programming myself so just curious.

It'll be a new one, one for each version of FMM. Every year they change the database structure, so the app will need to be reworked.

19 minutes ago, Scratch said:

It'll be a new one, one for each version of FMM. Every year they change the database structure, so the app will need to be reworked.

Oh okay that makes sense.

Hope you get it out soon!