Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help A player’s favorite club

I’ve had players on my team for over 10 years and on their profile I’m not their favorite club, while my club is the favorite of other player’s who’s within their first 2 years at the club. If anyone knows, what are the steps to a player having a favorite club?

15 hours ago, AvvfromYt said:

I’ve had players on my team for over 10 years and on their profile I’m not their favorite club, while my club is the favorite of other player’s who’s within their first 2 years at the club. If anyone knows, what are the steps to a player having a favorite club?

Behind the scenes, a player can have more than one 'favourite' club, but the one they have the most attachment to is the one shown in the game. You player might love your club 9 out of 10, but might love their ex-club 10 out of 10 (just an eg, I think it's out of a larger number than 10, can't remember off hand). I know there was one person saying they had a player who kept switching between clubs!

As for how your club becomes number 1... no idea, I think it's different for different players. 

Always frustrating to see a hot prospect, patiently nurtured in your club, who ends up having the obscure club he went on loan at for 6 months becoming his favorite club.

On 03/03/2022 at 12:26, Scratch said:

Behind the scenes, a player can have more than one 'favourite' club, but the one they have the most attachment to is the one shown in the game.

There's also a threshold to clear before anything is shown as favoured at all, I'm guessing? 

I feel it's also easier for younger players to gain favourability for a club, one loan and that's their favoured club forever even after half a decade later for my club.

Having players that love my club is nice though, even more so non-regens. Very rarely happens but Cameron Thompson did end up loving Salibury on my save.

1 hour ago, Meow said:

There's also a threshold to clear before anything is shown as favoured at all, I'm guessing? 

Yeah, I guess so, though I've never tested it.

1 hour ago, Meow said:

I feel it's also easier for younger players to gain favourability for a club, one loan and that's their favoured club forever even after half a decade later for my club.

Yeah agree with that for sure!

Yeah it can be annoying. I've been wanting to get rid of Barcelona as Ilaix Moriba's favoured club, but it doesn't matter how successful he is with us it will never go away.

I guess coming through their youth academy outweighs anything else.

Edited by DoneHisCruciate