Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help No tactics I use work

Yo guys so I’m sort of new to fm and every tactic I use does not work for me and I don’t understand why. I watched some tactic videos on yt and I see them getting insane results and whenever I try to use the tactic they just don’t work as well as they do in the video. Is there something I’m doing wrong that someone could tell me? Thanks in advance

Which team are you using? That would help.

Also when you say “they don’t work” - do you mean that you are losing most games, OR winning a lot, but not as dominant as the tactics on YouTube etc, OR something else?

13 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

Which team are you using? That would help.

Also when you say “they don’t work” - do you mean that you are losing most games, OR winning a lot, but not as dominant as the tactics on YouTube etc, OR something else?

I’m using Man Utd atm so lots of quality players and by that I mean I would lose games I shouldn’t lose

6 minutes ago, Fmmgamer3000 said:

I’m using Man Utd atm so lots of quality players and by that I mean I would lose games I shouldn’t lose

Gotcha. Would love to see a league table and/or a past fixtures / results list to see a bit more detail. Will help understand if you’re taking about losing 5-10-15 league games a season for example, + against who!

Also, do you watch the match on extended highlights to see how you/opposition create chances then tweak, or do you run on commentary only. Do you only use one tactic, or do you have a few tactics depending on the opposition strength / formation + state of the match. 

My Man Utd saves on both this years + last years’ FMMs were reasonably good (but would still lose +5 league games/season). Always struggle against Wolves + against anyone plays a 5221 / 5122 / 5212 variant.

This may be overkill, but here’s how I play as Man Utd:

Spoiler
  • Vs Weaker Teams, or Any Teams at Home - I played a 4231 <here>
  • Vs Stronger / Similar Teams playing with one AMC, or any Team with one AMC when I’m playing Away - then I play a 41221, otherwise often their unmarked AMC tears me open.
  • Vs any EPL team who plays a 5221, 5212 or 5122 variant, then I switch to a 3142 or 3412 (with IWs and either a DMC or AMC) as otherwise they dominate me down the center. E.g. Wolves. 
  • With a 1 goal lead after 60 mins, switch up a defensive or normal 4141 or 41410 (I.e. with IWs + an AMC, but no ST!)

Would be interesting to see what other Vibers suggest! 🙂 

Posted (edited)

I would also look at the Dynamics tab on the Team Report. Sometimes it's actually better to get rid of a quality player because of the effect they have on the rest of team. They can make a difference to what happens if the team goes behind or just on general squad morale / work rate.

On the Dynamics tab if you click on the reason on the right hand side you can see what players are having the most effect on the grade.

Edited by DoneHisCruciate

3-3-2-2 (5-3-2) EME. Quadruple winner twice in a row

Try this but since you've started your save already you might want to start another with this formation. Had the same issue as you. This was the formation that I had the most stability with.