Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Why is he rated like this?

obdz

This is a defender I have in my team. He has good attributes for his position and role, yet he is rated a half star only!

I have other defenders with lower attributes but have two stars and a half star.

Is this because of the other attributes? Why would other attributes affect the rating of his role? 

Or is this a bug? 

Screenshot_20220308_124928_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

the stars are rated by your scouts, if you have a good scout he will give you more accurate reports. Also its also affected by the player's form, just by looking at it he's having poor / bang average form in the last 5 games and that can also decrease his star ratings.

16 hours ago, Rehans said:

the stars are rated by your scouts, if you have a good scout he will give you more accurate reports. Also its also affected by the player's form, just by looking at it he's having poor / bang average form in the last 5 games and that can also decrease his star ratings.

I thought my team's players are rated by my coaches or my assistant coach.

But the rating is very far off. I have silver staff in all roles. 

Here is another player from my team. His role attributes are lower than the first player yet he is rated 2.5 stars. 

Maybe it is a bug? 

If not, I can't trust those ratings anymore. Why do they even exist? 

Screenshot_20220308_134903_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

Edited by obdz

As Rehans said, form plays a major part of the rating. The star rating represents the current perception of the player - given that John is on much better form that Rowe, you'd say that John is currently the better player, even though Rowe is the better player stat-wise. Have you checked the Coach Report tab for Rowe? It might tell you if it's just a form-slump or if he's feeling under pressure. If he keeps getting low ratings, you could try and give him a formal warning (I usually do it when they get a 5 or below) - sometimes it can increase their work rate, determination, pressure handling, etc. Be careful though, as sometimes they can get upset, even when the warning is justified!

Rowe will (hopefully) come out of his form-slump at some point though, and you should then see his star rating increase. The fact that this rating can fluctuate so much has been bought up before on the SI forums  (it's for FMM2020, but still the same issue).