Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

iScout Strange Wonderkid - Dan Smith

Stumble upon this young guy in 3rd season (2023/24). Has a full 5 star PA. Not edited, just used to check his PA because when my scout gives a 4.5 stars PA for a €10m that's something unbelievable. Straight forward not regen, he is currently at Wigan. Any idea why this guy is so high rated?

P/S: He has the exactly same birthday ingame as mine in real life :D

image.thumb.png.4ee7506ecdae8f578a37703ccb6c2d47.pngimage.thumb.png.1dc6c27440f113f532437e2f946d874c.png

That's a strange case because Dan Smith has never had a default PA above 100 (out of 200), meaning he's always been 2.5 stars in real PA:

image.thumb.png.08d8826538b4fa637c16568fac7fb3e4.png

If it's just the scouts saying he's 5 star, then that's not a huge surprise as they are often very wrong and it's relative to the team etc. But if he actually shows as 5 stars in the editor, the only thing I can think of is he's inherited some PA from a retiring star. That's supposed to happen occasionally, but it's very very very rare (I think I've only seen it once).

Found this on the SI Forums, the interesting part is this: 

it's worth noting that FMM has a larger 'random' scope for young player potentials than FM does, so instead of being 'clipped' to a range of say 20-30 points it can be quite variant but is on a bell shaped curve so 'mostly' it'll be within a close region (similar to FM's) but not always ... that helps prevent people cheating by always buying the same youngsters.

So it sounds like rarely the PA of a youngster can be a lot higher than it is for the majority of saves. I'm guessing in that particular save for KaKaoKube the PA for Dan Smith is a lot higher than almost anyone else would get (for instance, he's 0.5 star PA on all 4 of my saves). 

44 minutes ago, HudsonOfSmeg said:

Found this on the SI Forums, the interesting part is this: 

So it sounds like rarely the PA of a youngster can be a lot higher than it is for the majority of saves. I'm guessing in that particular save for KaKaoKube the PA for Dan Smith is a lot higher than almost anyone else would get (for instance, he's 0.5 star PA on all 4 of my saves). 

Yeah, the -10 etc that person was talking about on the SI forums doesn't seem to exist in FMM. Instead, the FMM database is generated from the FM database and young players will get a random default PA based on the FM random default PA. Then when you start a save in FMM, they get a random actual PA based on the random default one. So it's double random basically, which means there's more room for it to move.

But moving from a default PA of 96 to 180 (the lowest for 5 star PA) is more than that scenario allows for. But like I say, I have seen a player like Gareth Bale disappear and not come back as a regen, but have his PA get passed on to an existing player - I think that's what happened here (although probably too soon in the save for it to be Gareth, just using him as an eg I've seen).

That's interesting 🙂. I was always under the impression that a players PA was fixed once they were generated (either at the start of the game, or as a regen), but to know that in some situations a player can sometimes get a potentially massive boost is something to keep an eye out for. It's probably worth re-scouting players under a certain age (24ish?) manually, because i doubt you're own scouts would automatically re-scout a player if they had done it before as part of a scouting assignment. 

13 hours ago, HudsonOfSmeg said:

That's interesting 🙂. I was always under the impression that a players PA was fixed once they were generated (either at the start of the game, or as a regen), but to know that in some situations a player can sometimes get a potentially massive boost is something to keep an eye out for. It's probably worth re-scouting players under a certain age (24ish?) manually, because i doubt you're own scouts would automatically re-scout a player if they had done it before as part of a scouting assignment. 

They generally are fixed - like about 99.99% of the time, but every so often something happens. I'd heard that could happen, but only seen it the one time. 

The other thing I've seen is young players getting a magic +5PA. Not sure what that's about because I've had it in the first season, so it's not retiring players PA being broken up and shared. Maybe it's from a player who's permanently damaged from injury (ie his lost PA goes to someone else), but I'm just guessing. That's super rare too - this is what I wrote last year during an (abandoned) save where I was testing my scouting app (link to career):

"But... if you read that carefully, you would have noticed something strange: a very very very rare occurrence where a player's PA increases - in this case a 5 point increase for Bloxham. I've only seen that twice and up until a year or so ago I would have said that was impossible. The first time I saw it I didn't believe it! Both previous cases were a young player getting a 5 point bump, and so was this, so I guess that's a thing..."

On 11/03/2022 at 18:02, Scratch said:

That's a strange case because Dan Smith has never had a default PA above 100 (out of 200), meaning he's always been 2.5 stars in real PA:

image.thumb.png.08d8826538b4fa637c16568fac7fb3e4.png

If it's just the scouts saying he's 5 star, then that's not a huge surprise as they are often very wrong and it's relative to the team etc. But if he actually shows as 5 stars in the editor, the only thing I can think of is he's inherited some PA from a retiring star. That's supposed to happen occasionally, but it's very very very rare (I think I've only seen it once).

what app is this bro?

1 hour ago, yoski said:

what app is this bro?

Just one I developed myself. I'll probably never make it publicly available because all the FM database sites get in trouble from SI Games if they make it too easy for people to find the behind the scenes info etc. This would almost certainly be across the line for them.