Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Players who can’t handle pressure.

Hi guys.  Long time reader, first time poster.

How do you deal with players like this, who go to water whenever a big match is on?  This is from a save where I’ve taken Grimsby to a title challenger.  He always loses morale before any top 6 or cup match.

Pretty solid central mid.  Uncapped as the Dutch don’t seem to be picking a national team on this save.

76A32EF0-0C50-4DFF-8736-C351B41C984A.png

BDE8E9B3-4EB3-40A5-BD7C-FE6721E295D2.png

What I find sometimes helps is to give them a formal warning if they get a 5 or below after a match. Quite often you get a positive response where it can increase their work-rate, determination, pressure handling, etc. However, some players can have a massive melt-down about "being treated unfairly" and lose moral, motivation and work-rate.

Yep, what Hudson said, but also find them a mentor who has a good Pressure rating - at the end of mentoring sometimes there is a message that the player is more like their mentor and their XXX has improved. They get the full value of the attribute that their mentor has, so it can jump them quite a long way up. It doesn't always happen and there is no guarantee it will be Pressure that's passed on, but that's gold when it does. 

Of course you still have to find a mentor who has a good Pressure rating and that's hard to find. You are in 2032 which makes it even harder, but if you can get Camavinga, Moriba, Gravenberch then they all have 15+ for Pressure so could be good mentors for a midfielder. Actually Bellingham has 18, so he might be best.... 

The other thing though, is there is a separate Big Matches attribute. So even if their Pressure score improves, they might still not do well in big games. But I think that message is probably to do more with their Pressure score.

5 hours ago, Scratch said:

Yep, what Hudson said, but also find them a mentor who has a good Pressure rating - at the end of mentoring sometimes there is a message that the player is more like their mentor and their XXX has improved. They get the full value of the attribute that their mentor has, so it can jump them quite a long way up. It doesn't always happen and there is no guarantee it will be Pressure that's passed on, but that's gold when it does. 

Of course you still have to find a mentor who has a good Pressure rating and that's hard to find. You are in 2032 which makes it even harder, but if you can get Camavinga, Moriba, Gravenberch then they all have 15+ for Pressure so could be good mentors for a midfielder. Actually Bellingham has 18, so he might be best.... 

The other thing though, is there is a separate Big Matches attribute. So even if their Pressure score improves, they might still not do well in big games. But I think that message is probably to do more with their Pressure score.

Where do you find the pressure and big match attributes for the players?

1 hour ago, ron1hy said:

Where do you find the pressure and big match attributes for the players?

I can see them using my (not yet released, Android only, won't be free) scouting app. In the actual game, I don't think there's any way to see Pressure,  but you can see high and low scores for Big Matches in the Coach Report page - it will have messages like "Thrives in big matches" or the opposite. 

Mentoring won't work for him, since he's 27 (you can only mentor players under 24, as the option then changes to 'Mentor another player') 😕

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

I can see them using my (not yet released, Android only, won't be free) scouting app. In the actual game, I don't think there's any way to see Pressure,  but you can see high and low scores for Big Matches in the Coach Report page - it will have messages like "Thrives in big matches" or the opposite. 

Ok I see. In your app that Is coming out, what over hidden attributes can be discovered?

The FMM21 one was a free beta version, it was posted over here: 

FMM22 version will be the same if I ever finish it! (I'm way behind schedule). It will be on Google Play instead of Vibe. Here is a screenshot of the Hidden Attributes part (Work Rate is down lower as one half of Teamwork): 

AM21-05.png.2ff8340c27f225d1d149e42b3004

37 minutes ago, Scratch said:

The FMM21 one was a free beta version, it was posted over here: 

FMM22 version will be the same if I ever finish it! (I'm way behind schedule). It will be on Google Play instead of Vibe. Here is a screenshot of the Hidden Attributes part (Work Rate is down lower as one half of Teamwork): 

AM21-05.png.2ff8340c27f225d1d149e42b3004

This is great. Will it be an editable file or read only?

11 hours ago, Scratch said:

In the actual game, I don't think there's any way to see Pressure

The only way to tell is if the player has "Insecure" as his personality (Karius, Burki, etc.), which indicates a particularly low level (around 6-) of pressure handling. 

10 hours ago, ron1hy said:

This is great. Will it be an editable file or read only?

Read only to start. Maybe one day it will allow editing, but I don't want to step on the official editors toes, so I might not ever add that. We'll see. Step one is to actually release it! :D