Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Quest 01: The goals of MSN

Rob

6523EFB0-3F4A-4F58-B95B-9494396E57D9.thumb.jpeg.6cd5348e5b5958659e1057cbad02c3d3.jpeg

The first quest of the Shield of Justice centres around most people’s favourite FMM skill: scoring goals.

Spoiler

This will last over three seasons and involved a little bit of player and squad selection. You will head to La Liga and take over Barcelona with a target of returning them to their glory days of Messi, Suarez, and Neymar (MSN).

The first season you will sign a player whose has the first letter of part of their name being with M, such as Martin Keown or Diego Maradonna. Their goals count towards your final score.

The second season you will sign a player whose has the first letter of part of their name being with S, such as Alan Shearer or Sol Campbell. The goals of M and S will count towards your final score.

The third season you will sign a player who has the first letter of part of their name being with N, such as Nick Barmby or Niall Quinn. The goals of M, S, and N will count towards your final score. 

Your final score will be all three seasons added together. The players can play in any position in any tactic. They must all be signings. Any players with single display names, such as Neymar himself, are allowed. They must be real players and not regents/evogens.

The benchmark is 200 overall.

Best of luck!

Edited by Rob
54 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Oooh, I'm going with Martin Satriano, Sebastiano Esposito and Lorenzo Nucca!😄

Mikey Johnston, Simo Werner and Erling Naaland are better

12 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

Looks a good challenge. Quick question, can  I for example, sign the 3rd season player (Player N) in the second season in preparation for the next season?

Thank you. Nope, you’ll need to sign them in season 3. 😊 Best of luck - looking forward to seeing who you go for.

5 hours ago, Scratch said:

@Rob Do they have to be real players? Or regens okay in seasons 2 and 3? I'm going to try to use real players, but was wondering what the rules are.

Good question! Let’s say real players. I’ll update the initial post.

Thanks 😊

6 hours ago, Scratch said:

@Rob Do they have to be real players? Or regens okay in seasons 2 and 3? I'm going to try to use real players, but was wondering what the rules are.

As if you're going to use anyone other than the ones you mentioned before.... 🙄😝

2 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

As if you're going to use anyone other than the ones you mentioned before.... 🙄😝

Actually, I may very well go with Scamacca over Sebastiano, we'll have to wait and see how they are both placed after the season. But it's the N player that's worrying me. Maybe Nketiah or Nunez I guess. Or maybe Fer Nino who I used as backup in my Rough career.

53 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Actually, I may very well go with Scamacca over Sebastiano, we'll have to wait and see how they are both placed after the season. But it's the N player that's worrying me. Maybe Nketiah or Nunez I guess. Or maybe Fer Nino who I used as backup in my Rough career.

Nunez is my planned "N" player but it all depends who else tickles my fancy at the time.

49 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Nunez is my planned "N" player but it all depends who else tickles my fancy at the time.

Yeah it's hard to tell what they'll look like when you get round to season 3 with the AI developing them. Nunez is pretty good already, so might be a good option but as you say have to wait and see.

Another player I just thought of is my old friend Naci. But back in the day I've got him to 20 Aerial, and I don't think that'll be possible for him anymore. Might still work in my system but I'll have to make the choice then I guess.

Got off to a really slow start - 2 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses and only 1 goal in 6 for Satriano - but then it all clicked:

image.thumb.png.37a3b90c2ed61b5176112e48b45bbda1.png

He's levelled up a fair bit, had about 4 updates already and Carrillo is improving his Aerial. I had started thinking that maybe I better start again and go with Maxi Gomez, but this is why I love youngsters like Satriano, within half a season he'll be better than Gomez and he'll keep on going...

25 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Got off to a really slow start - 2 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses and only 1 goal in 6 for Satriano - but then it all clicked:

image.thumb.png.37a3b90c2ed61b5176112e48b45bbda1.png

He's levelled up a fair bit, had about 4 updates already and Carrillo is improving his Aerial. I had started thinking that maybe I better start again and go with Maxi Gomez, but this is why I love youngsters like Satriano, within half a season he'll be better than Gomez and he'll keep on going...

That’s is certainly some top notch ‘levelling up’. Brilliant.

I do enjoy the single season element of this as a lot of us can’t use our ‘go to’ kids.

I built a team starting with Rafa Mir - a solid Target man with good potential 

He suited well but due to an injury setback couldn't get the best of him. 

Still managed to get a decent score across 3 seasons. 

37 + 37 + 36 = 110 

In the second season made some decent signings but the main man was Bernardo Silva. He stirred up the league with performances by scoring 75 goals and also contributing to providing assists. 

42 + 33 = 75 

In the third season, I went for similar looking play like Rafa Mir and found one in the name of Fer Nino.

However, it was an underwhelming season where I could just get him to score 19 goals. I mean good enough to help cross the required benchmark of 200 goals. 

So yeah M + S  + N = 204 

71D717AF-E9B4-40B7-AF2B-3AF3FD9B569E.png

39310F14-F0DD-4D57-9257-27F0060C8DCF.png

7BF507FC-202F-4F78-95A1-F7A42B12C54C.png

3F269682-0BCF-45EF-9069-B4A18597DC51.png

AF701E5B-AF90-4317-9F3F-313257640640.png

891D31A3-756B-4F93-866B-9886DB3F5153.png

DF9BE4AC-FF15-46E5-A2E2-87743BD8EC04.png

22 hours ago, scouse_v said:

I built a team starting with Rafa Mir - a solid Target man with good potential 

He suited well but due to an injury setback couldn't get the best of him. 

Still managed to get a decent score across 3 seasons. 

37 + 37 + 36 = 110 

In the second season made some decent signings but the main man was Bernardo Silva. He stirred up the league with performances by scoring 75 goals and also contributing to providing assists. 

42 + 33 = 75 

In the third season, I went for similar looking play like Rafa Mir and found one in the name of Fer Nino.

However, it was an underwhelming season where I could just get him to score 19 goals. I mean good enough to help cross the required benchmark of 200 goals. 

So yeah M + S  + N = 204 

71D717AF-E9B4-40B7-AF2B-3AF3FD9B569E.png

39310F14-F0DD-4D57-9257-27F0060C8DCF.png

7BF507FC-202F-4F78-95A1-F7A42B12C54C.png

3F269682-0BCF-45EF-9069-B4A18597DC51.png

AF701E5B-AF90-4317-9F3F-313257640640.png

891D31A3-756B-4F93-866B-9886DB3F5153.png

DF9BE4AC-FF15-46E5-A2E2-87743BD8EC04.png

Well done mate 👍