Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Mighty Mariners - South Shields FC

Mighty Mariners - South Shields 

Project-EFL-new-logo.thumb.jpg.6760b2fca2d6c459d005e165184d111e.jpg

Yous might remember back on FMM20 when I took South Shields from the VNN to a stable mid table championship team. I never reached the heights of the Premier League but that will soon change as I take on this challenge again on FMM22

I had to sim three seasons into the game for Shields to eventually be promoted into the VNN and become a playable side, so here we are in the summer of 2024.

Screenshot_20220420-103427.thumb.jpg.90c53185016e9ce8f0d36cb44c2c7de9.jpg

Upon arrival at Mariners Park, I found out the club had only 4/5 players on their books, all signed in the summer by the club before I arrived, with the rest greyed out academy players.

I noticed that the club must have known I'm a Newcastle fan as there were two players at the club many of you, especially the likes of ( @Woody @Dai_  @geordiekrispy @Rich @Scratch ) will recognise.

Big Dan Burn & Wee Ryan Fraser

Screenshot_20220420-103519.thumb.jpg.ce094c96649e0cdee794bf729c652912.jpg

Screenshot_20220420-103554.thumb.jpg.7124fa8f34763897ec7d5ffeaafd6c7a.jpg

Both players still in their early 30s and I will be building the team around these two. Their years of experience will be vital and they can tutor some of the new young signings I will have to make as I will have to rely heavily on frees and loans as I only have a budget of 5k a week. to build the rest of my team 

The end goal of this save is simple, take South Shields from the Bottom to the Top Of The Premier League and to win the Champions League 

This is just a brief episode to let yous know of my save and that I will be back posting a career. In the next update I will be revealing my new signings and how they get on in pre season! 

Up The Mariners! 🟣🔵

LoL, what are the chances of that! Also, check out their salaries, quite a dip! Should be a good base for you in the VNN. Good luck, interested to see how this pans out.

Love it! I was thinking of doing this myself, making the mighty Mariners into the biggest team in the North East!

Fun bonus fact, in the mid 2000's I used to live 10 minutes away from Mariners Park, and used to work with one of the players and I think one of the coaches :)

7 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

Love it! I was thinking of doing this myself, making the mighty Mariners into the biggest team in the North East!

Fun bonus fact, in the mid 2000's I used to live 10 minutes away from Mariners Park, and used to work with one of the players and I think one of the coaches :)

Aye they my local team. Really good set up they have there. Took them to the Championship on FMM22 but this is Mission Champions League.

South Shields will be a good save in FMM23 if they get promoted irl as they will be in the VNN fully licensed with all the real players.

8 hours ago, Scratch said:

LoL, what are the chances of that! Also, check out their salaries, quite a dip! Should be a good base for you in the VNN. Good luck, interested to see how this pans out.

Honestly such a coincidence, was well happy when I saw them in the squad. I think it's going to be harder this time round than the last time I did this save a couple years ago, positive there was no loan limits on that FMM, there is now, 6 a season which buggered my plans a little bit.

26 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Honestly such a coincidence, was well happy when I saw them in the squad. I think it's going to be harder this time round than the last time I did this save a couple years ago, positive there was no loan limits on that FMM, there is now, 6 a season which buggered my plans a little bit.

Ah yeah, loan limits will slow you down. Better be free agents then! 😄