Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Hogwarts: Battle Of The Houses [THE END]

If I were to choose someone owned by a club in the competition list, but on loan at another top flight club (not listed), that player would not earn points while at the other club, correct?

52 minutes ago, hhooo said:

If I were to choose someone owned by a club in the competition list, but on loan at another top flight club (not listed), that player would not earn points while at the other club, correct?

The way I understood the rules:

• You can only pick players ‘owned’ by one of the teams listed by Kun and is in the English premier league (edit - in the England top league IN THIS SAVE FILE).
  • If the player is on loan to another team - which is also listed + in the English premier league - then their points will count 👍 an example is attacker Alvarez who is owned by Man City but loaned out to River.
  • BUT if the player is on loan to another team - who were not listed by Kun + are not in the English premier league - then their points will NOT count while on loan 🔻 an example last are Coutinho + Griezmann, whose owned by Barcelona, but on loan to clubs outside the English premier league.

Does this help? 🙂 

Edited by DanEnglish
26 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

The way I understood the rules:

• You can only pick players ‘owned’ by one of the teams listed by Kun and is in the English premier league.
  • If the player is on loan to another team - which is also listed + in the English premier league - then their points will count 👍 an example is attacker Alvarez who is owned by Man City but loaned out to River.
  • BUT if the player is on loan to another team - who were not listed by Kun + are not in the English premier league - then their points will NOT count while on loan 🔻 an example last are Coutinho + Griezmann, whose owned by Barcelona, but on loan to clubs outside the English premier league.

Does this help? 🙂 

Yep, that's perfect. Coutinho would count, since he's on loan at Villa, but Griez would not, correct?

Edited by hhooo
5 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Yep, that's perfect. Coutinho would count, since he's on loan at Villa, but Griez would not, correct?

Neither Coutinho nor Griezmann would get any points while out on loan - because neither Aston Villa nor Athletico Madrid are in Kun’s listed teams NOR are in the English premier league (on this save file).

@Kun Aguero - if any of this is wrong, please do correct me 🙂 you’re the boss!

4 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

Neither Coutinho nor Griezmann would get any points while out on loan - because neither Aston Villa nor Athletico Madrid are in Kun’s listed teams NOR are in the English premier league (on this save file).

@Kun Aguero - if any of this is wrong, please do correct me 🙂 you’re the boss!

So what qualifies as the prem if Villa are not in it? I didn't get the file to work for me, could you post a screenshot of the teams that are valid outside of the listed ones? Thanks.

Edited by hhooo
10 minutes ago, hhooo said:

So what qualifies as the prem if Villa are not in it? I didn't get the file to work for me, could you post a screenshot of the teams that are valid outside of the listed ones? Thanks.

Sorry for confusing you with the ‘English premier league’ comment. It means these teams (in spoiler below) - the same as in Kun’s list.

Spoiler

3092F0EF-061F-449C-BEF5-4A4CA9F84E49.thumb.jpeg.19b160de3a3d764e5d2bdeeb0ca0faee.jpeg

A75C894B-4D39-4111-B2EA-090D451E4B1A.thumb.jpeg.6c2e18a073b1cc55b1ba1a951f433b2b.jpeg

3C75831D-F23A-4AF3-8BBA-E34A111B7D69.thumb.jpeg.d19c880193c2aeecee7e4abb66a03de8.jpeg

Edited by DanEnglish
54 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

Sorry for confusing you with the ‘English premier league’ comment. It means these teams (in spoiler below) - the same as in Kun’s list.

Hide contents

3092F0EF-061F-449C-BEF5-4A4CA9F84E49.thumb.jpeg.19b160de3a3d764e5d2bdeeb0ca0faee.jpeg

A75C894B-4D39-4111-B2EA-090D451E4B1A.thumb.jpeg.6c2e18a073b1cc55b1ba1a951f433b2b.jpeg

3C75831D-F23A-4AF3-8BBA-E34A111B7D69.thumb.jpeg.d19c880193c2aeecee7e4abb66a03de8.jpeg

Oh shit the teams all play against each other... That changes things an awful lot.

This is very much my first rodeo, if you can't tell.

4 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Oh shit the teams all play against each other... That changes things an awful lot.

This is very much my first rodeo, if you can't tell.

As a heads up - in the league below (English ‘Championship’) - there are Liverpool, Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, Ajax, AC Milan … 3 of the Championship teams will be promoted, to replace 3 premier league teams who get relegated.

Am sharing this with you, as it means our competition will get harder each of the first few seasons, as the worst clubs get relegated (Al-Ahly?!) + replaced by better clubs (Liverpool etc).

Crazy isn’t it?! 😁

11 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

As a heads up - in the league below (English ‘Championship’) - there are Liverpool, Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, Ajax, AC Milan … 3 of the Championship teams will be promoted, to replace 3 premier league teams who get relegated.

Am sharing this with you, as it means our competition will get harder each of the first few seasons, as the worst clubs get relegated (Al-Ahly?!) + replaced by better clubs (Liverpool etc).

Crazy isn’t it?! 😁

Alright, the scope of this has become more interesting. Thanks for the clarity! 

3 hours ago, Kun Aguero said:

s1.thumb.png.28f9a8fd2bf5348a7c5b4e3e1c6ceb0e.png

Some predictions:

• Gryffindor's Lukaku will definitely be in the top 3 attackers for this metric.
  • Then I think the remaining 2 spots are a fight between [edit: Mbappe], Marega, and Alvarez - interestingly [edit] two Ravenclaw + Hufflepuff contenders - but am predicting no Slytherin contenders (i.e. not Martinez nor Benzema)

If I get this right, then Titjes can comfortably claim that I'm not just bugging his house, but also bugging Kun's as well! 😃

Edited by DanEnglish
4 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Some predictions:

• Gryffindor's Lukaku will definitely be in the top 3 attackers for this metric.
  • Then I think the remaining 2 spots are a fight between [edit: Mbappe], Marega, and Alvarez - interestingly [edit] two Ravenclaw + Hufflepuff contenders - but am predicting no Slytherin contenders (i.e. not Martinez nor Benzema)

If I get this right, then Titjes can comfortably claim that I'm not just bugging his house, but also bugging Kun's as well! 😃

I would give Benz a higher chance here than Mbop

Edited by hhooo
13 minutes ago, Kun Aguero said:

Yeah you can pick your player, @vizardjr will be moved down to last

In that case, I'll test my luck on O Raio de Fogo...

Spoiler

Screenshot_20220428-213907.thumb.jpg.ca3850f88120c8bf609fc8e004c11371.jpg

22 minutes ago, Gbuyiro Samuel said:

Can I choose a player who has a deep green at the ML/MR

Yep, dark green in MR/ML is fine

After spending most of his allowance on a Thunderbird-core wand in Paris, this young Raven now travels south – to pick up the fastest (bargain) racing broom in the Middle East.

While other students invest a more famous Barella, Pogba, or Fernandes broom, this purchase is far more left-field and far lighter on the money pouch.

It is:

Spoiler

Speedy 22 year old Al-Dawsari who plays as a DL / MC for Al-Hilal (KSA) – for a bargain price of 2.4m

13 minutes ago, vizardjr said:

Goretzka for me

@hhooo your turn mate

Great! Actually that means we have ALL picked a midfielder now 👍 soon it will be time for the next round 😄

2226A65B-2984-4ADB-8347-9536A2C645C0.thumb.png.ccf4767192009ddab6f31242eaf37bb3.png

Hogwarts: Battle of the Houses

“Fans are delighted by the fantastic quality of midfield options picked - this will be an incredibly competitive position”

Drafted Player List:

Spoiler

Gryffindor 
@LordArezo + @Gbuyiro Samuel

• Att = Fati (48.5m) + Lukaku 🏆 (£98m)
  • Mid = Pedri (53m) ⁉️ + Gnabry (43.5m)

Slytherin 
@Titjes + @vizardjr

• Att = L. Martínez (99m) + Benzema (62M)
  • Mid = Pogba (58m) 🏆Goretzka (62m)

Ravenclaw 
@broodje kip + @DanEnglish

• Att = Mbappe (149m) + Marega 🛡 (9m)
  • Mid = Barella (97m) + Al-Dawsari (2.4m) 🛡 

Hufflepuff 
@hhooo+ @StuartM

• Att = Vlahovic (65m) + Alvarez ⁉️(42m) 
  • Mid = Bruno F. (79m) + Sane (71m)

Edited In - Amateur Analysis

Spoiler

🏆 Best Buy

• Paul Pogba. An all-action midfielder who both goals + assists in a relatively mediocre Man United side. A great purchase for just £58m.

🛡 Cheapest Pick

• Fans are asking “who is he?”. Midfielder Al-Dawsari was easily the cheapest guy drafted so far for just £2.4m.

⁉️ Biggest Risk

• One of the best wonderkid sun the game, Barcelona’s £53m Pedri is a wonderful talent. But will he play enough games in the early seasons to score points, and will the AI manager play him enough to develop  to his full potential?!

The Daily Prophet invite YOU to owl in your comments 🙂

Edited by DanEnglish