Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Unplayable

I don’t know what it is about this year’s game but for me it’s pretty unplayable. What I mean is no matter what team/tactics I’m using the same bullsh*t happens every save. My players can’t seem to play any meaningful passes or keep and possession. On defense they stand and watch while the opposition plays like peak Barcelona. Opposition can hit every 25 yarder into the top corner and I can’t convert a penalty. I’ve asked for help on the forums here and y’all have been gracious enough to offer advice and I’ve tried all your suggestions but it’s just the same no matter what. Past editions haven’t been this way, and while I’ll admit they were too easy this is just too frustrating at this point. 

3 hours ago, lcutini32 said:

I don’t know what it is about this year’s game but for me it’s pretty unplayable. What I mean is no matter what team/tactics I’m using the same bullsh*t happens every save. My players can’t seem to play any meaningful passes or keep and possession. On defense they stand and watch while the opposition plays like peak Barcelona. Opposition can hit every 25 yarder into the top corner and I can’t convert a penalty. I’ve asked for help on the forums here and y’all have been gracious enough to offer advice and I’ve tried all your suggestions but it’s just the same no matter what. Past editions haven’t been this way, and while I’ll admit they were too easy this is just too frustrating at this point. 

One issue I was having on one of my save was that we dominate possession and never score and I had the best inside forwards money could buy and Haaland. I could never get him to 40 goals in a season with world class midfield.   And the opposition scoring long range shots are really annoying even with world class keepers, the shot always goes in. At this point it's really inevitable. Also the opposition scoring 30 yard free kicks, makes my keeper looks like Karius 

Edited by Uncleseekx
10 hours ago, lcutini32 said:

Sorry to hear this.

Question:
Have you got a specific team + tactic which you can share? If it’s of interest, I can try I to replicate what you have and then give specific suggestions to the save you're currently in.

I’ve also found multiple problems with the game - have found small reasons why + tweaks which have mostly eliminated these frustrations from my save.

Example - Conceding from Corners  😡

Spoiler

I used to always concede from corners, usually throwing away a narrow lead 😠 

• Analysis - then realized both that I usually concede them in the last 20 mins of a game I’m leading.
  • Cause - highlights suggest their wingers get the ball a lot more in those final 10-20 mins (opposition changes to a more ‘attacking’ mentality + maybe pushes the ball out ‘wide’?), while my full backs block their crosses out for corners.
  • Solution - so if the opposition have wide IFs / wingers, and if I’m narrowly leading at 60-70 mins, then I need to prevent their wide attackers / wing backs getting the ball.
  • Tactics - start playing less attacking wide players (IWs / DWs?!), change my WBs to either FBs / IWBs, and the whole team to a less attacking mentality.
  • Extra Tip - I find moving my aerial ST back to defend the near post also helps!
  • Result - now I rarely concede from corners in the last 10-20 mins 👍

let me know if you want me to look at your team / tactic - the more info you provide, the easier it is to give specific suggestions!

Edited by DanEnglish
8 hours ago, Uncleseekx said:

we dominate possession and never score and I had the best inside forwards money could buy and Haaland. I could never get him to 40 goals in a season

Just out of interest … were you playing two IFs (one in each side) plus Haaland as a lone central ST? If so, then I can understand why you may have issues scoring …

51AFE65D-1F2E-4938-B184-E61EEC934548.thumb.jpeg.2f326c6c86dbc6a5ed724350bf79ee64.jpeg

Feel free to also share your team, tactic + as many screenshots as you can - and I’ll also try to take a look 🙂 

If you want to see some examples of analyzing others tactics, here’s 3 … <here> <here> (from where the screenshot above is from) and also <here>

7 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Just out of interest … were you playing two IFs (one in each side) plus Haaland as a lone central ST? If so, then I can understand why you may have issues scoring …

51AFE65D-1F2E-4938-B184-E61EEC934548.thumb.jpeg.2f326c6c86dbc6a5ed724350bf79ee64.jpeg

Feel free to also share your team, tactic + as many screenshots as you can - and I’ll also try to take a look 🙂 

If you want to see some examples of analyzing others tactics, here’s 3 … <here> <here> (from where the screenshot above is from) and also <here>

Yeah. Double inside forwards and a lone striker. As time went on, sold my IF's for inverted wingers as they will look to pass more, didn't help either. Just gave up on the save 

11 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Sorry to hear this.

Question:
Have you got a specific team + tactic which you can share? If it’s of interest, I can try I to replicate what you have and then give specific suggestions to the save you're currently in.

I’ve also found multiple problems with the game - have found small reasons why + tweaks which have mostly eliminated these frustrations from my save.

Example - Conceding from Corners  😡

Reveal hidden contents

I used to always concede from corners, usually throwing away a narrow lead 😠 

• Analysis - then realized both that I usually concede them in the last 20 mins of a game I’m leading.
  • Cause - highlights suggest their wingers get the ball a lot more in those final 10-20 mins (opposition changes to a more ‘attacking’ mentality + maybe pushes the ball out ‘wide’?), while my full backs block their crosses out for corners.
  • Solution - so if the opposition have wide IFs / wingers, and if I’m narrowly leading at 60-70 mins, then I need to prevent their wide attackers / wing backs getting the ball.
  • Tactics - start playing less attacking wide players (IWs / DWs?!), change my WBs to either FBs / IWBs, and the whole team to a less attacking mentality.
  • Extra Tip - I find moving my aerial ST back to defend the near post also helps!
  • Result - now I rarely concede from corners in the last 10-20 mins 👍

let me know if you want me to look at your team / tactic - the more info you provide, the easier it is to give specific suggestions!

Currently using this setup with AZ Alkmaar in the Netherlands (switching between a TF and a DLF up top depending on who’s playing) but it’s honestly been pretty similar when using a 4231 or even a 3412 in other saves. Sorry for my rant above haha I just got really frustrated as in past games I’ve been able to find a way to make something work and this one has just got the better of me. Maybe there’s a common error to all my tactics as the ideas behind them are usually pretty similar regardless of formation?
Main problems I’m seeing:

- very little movement off the ball when in possession - it’s mostly pass and dribble while the other players seem to stand and wait for their turn to dribble 

- lack of central play/through balls/incisive or meaningful passes - attacks usually end up in unsuccessful crosses from the FB and players don’t seem to want to take chances, always choosing the safest back pass rather than risking a through ball or a pass into a congested area. Wish I could tell them I’d rather watch them lose the ball playing risky passes than have 65% possession and 4 shots

- we get fouled A LOT - if we do see any promising build up play the defense usually fouls us and then we waste a free kick sending it over the bar

- problems winning the ball back defensively - opposition seems to pretty quickly be running at our back line, no problems with movement for them on attack

9DF2729A-B56A-494C-857C-23C034ADDF75.png

66C0E83B-D3E0-463F-9838-D9FE4A147F43.png

5F7CF265-51C8-407F-BA53-8BC90FE191FA.png

Edited by lcutini32

The non stop fouling from the AI is something that bugs me that doesn't seem to have a solution. Opposition usually ends up with 15-20 fouls with zero repercussions since free kicks are impossible to score from unless they're dead on. The spacing and shot taking issues are all solvable though. 

For example, you have balanced and work into box, look for overlap, etc. All of these instructions slow play down and force the ball out wide. If you want to play centrally with incisive passing, up the tempo, take off look for overlap. If you want more shots, turn off work into box. 

Generally, if you are the heavy favorite and the other team is playing defensively, using the left side instructions (early crosses, run at defense, etc) will help generate more chances. 

Edited by hhooo

I'm losing the will to live with this game now..

Having probably the best team in the championship and trying everything I've got to the point of not even scoring now..

I like the fact that the saves going to last a long time but it's getting infuriating tbh

6 hours ago, lcutini32 said:

Currently using this setup with AZ Alkmaar in the Netherlands

Thanks for sharing those screenshots & thoughts. Can you share one more screenshot - of your formation but with your first XI players names in it? Then I can relocate your formation much better, including all your players preferred move traits 👍 

Also, have you tried moving to a 4231 (instead of a 41221)? Am just wondering if you’ve tried this or not.

@DanEnglish Sure thing! Here’s my first choice team

1 hour ago, DanEnglish said:

Also, have you tried moving to a 4231 (instead of a 41221)? Am just wondering if you’ve tried this or not

I actually started out this save trying to play a 4231 because honestly it does suit the squad better but I couldn’t get it working at all. Very few goals scored and a lot conceded. This at least concedes less, hence the switch to 41221. And yes, I did try your tactics from your awesome article about creating space in the final third 😉

3D7F860C-9590-4187-8050-DDCF3AAB1A72.png

Edited by lcutini32
9 hours ago, lcutini32 said:

then we waste a free kick sending it over the bar

This wasn’t your main point - but could be easily solved…

… do you have your IF Karlsson taking free kicks?!

Spoiler

Katlsson is amongst your best set piece takers + perhaps the best one in your first team …

D08C6E19-59C0-4209-8986-57660E6D6A42.thumb.jpeg.96962bd73b1289e686d5a10c3b95e153.jpeg

… but he does love to try long range free kicks (Roberto Carlos style) - and he’s not that good at them …

F2472465-20DE-41CC-B977-7496A4CA09C1.thumb.jpeg.e39d102a2eac542bd650ab4f5b6c2b6f.jpeg

So maybe (1) take him off free kicks - plus (2) setup your set pieces so they take them ‘short’ with plenty of short passing options…

… except from any position where you want him to shoot 🙂 

2739B0C2-3B8A-4B1C-985D-4EBA59A3A770.thumb.jpeg.665c20d66525daa02fe446d95682bcd8.jpeg

Will look at the rest later (over the weekend perhaps?) … but just noticed this 👍 

Edited by DanEnglish
48 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

This wasn’t your main point - but could be easily solved…

… do you have your IF Karlsson taking free kicks?!

Hide contents

Katlsson is amongst your best set piece takers + perhaps the best one in your first team …

D08C6E19-59C0-4209-8986-57660E6D6A42.thumb.jpeg.96962bd73b1289e686d5a10c3b95e153.jpeg

… but he does love to try long range free kicks (Roberto Carlos style) - and he’s not that good at them …

F2472465-20DE-41CC-B977-7496A4CA09C1.thumb.jpeg.e39d102a2eac542bd650ab4f5b6c2b6f.jpeg

So maybe (1) take him off free kicks - plus (2) setup your set pieces so they take them ‘short’ with plenty of short passing options…

… except from any position where you want him to shoot 🙂 

2739B0C2-3B8A-4B1C-985D-4EBA59A3A770.thumb.jpeg.665c20d66525daa02fe446d95682bcd8.jpeg

Will look at the rest later (over the weekend perhaps?) … but just noticed this 👍 

Thank you so much! I did have him on free kicks but didn’t really pay attention to routines so I’ll look into that. No rush on taking a look at the tactic, it’s just a game after all :)

Another minor note - our right sided wide AP is massively annoying me…

… the kid just doesn’t track back! I don’t think it’s the player, instead I think it’s the role. A bit like playing Messi out wide, he just lets the opposition full back wander past him! Argh!

Spoiler

Example 1 - our AP (in red) doesn’t move outside the shade red box, while the opposition DL walks past …

A18ADF41-8E76-486A-84F2-EBAAC8CAE488.thumb.jpeg.622c25b5c0650b632443196014e4b50c.jpeg

DB25C290-57A3-4742-AA1A-2D20D6C2D141.thumb.jpeg.e87539ed674647a493a3339dcb2e29c1.jpeg

09BD0498-285C-4235-BC81-7A8481300C76.thumb.jpeg.6b7f4a89ea7f7d8d2f42244c31c2578d.jpeg

Example 2 - same thing! It really puts pressure on our DR + gives the opposition loads of crossing opportunities …

A788DCC7-7B4C-4DD2-9161-A29F3FBB132B.thumb.jpeg.2fd0c053ea2c33bfbf42b5dc026b1068.jpeg

48560AFE-5A1C-4C81-ACF6-5F307D2D3A42.thumb.jpeg.7fa3c799e101124544d61628d2c3d2ed.jpeg

0823C4B9-F9BF-455D-8AB3-62EAB762C499.thumb.jpeg.5e4b7d147f0414512a4a7380cc86721b.jpeg

Result - they’ve played loads of crosses, our ANR / AP did nothing defensively, and our DR was busy!

C09F448C-0E7E-4DF7-B4A0-CC47EEAF9837.thumb.jpeg.3d32be838746679d560da914e7624c15.jpeg

A53560E9-6384-4EE7-8D28-4861C87192C2.thumb.jpeg.9ed9edd5dd184867821aea95bcf628f2.jpeg

Just a minor note as it happened consistently & was really annoying me!

Edited by DanEnglish