Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Club 150 in EPL (1 player, 150 goal season)

Been attempting this for quite a while, with various players, various clubs and various tactics and tweaks.....and finally accomplished it.....the mythical Club 150.....one player, 150 goals in a single season.

Some lessons learned along the way....

Train & mentor your player to the max

The rest of your team need high teamwork stats, so that they are as unselfish as possible, this is probably the most crucial point of all

Let your player take penalties, central free kicks & be the focal target of all free kicks & corners

Don't expect your team as a whole to hit high scoring stats, you will average about 3 goals a game, and almost all of those will come from your player

Focus on training your players on crossing and passing, early crosses and through balls

As the seasons pass by don't chop and change your team too much, as new players take time to settle in and you can't afford to have low relationships in the team, as they will lead to mixed results 

Your midfielders don't want to have high shooting stats or play in roles that will take them into the final third too much, or they will take goals away from your main player 

Patience

Screenshot_20220521-220003_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-220234_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-220320_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-220028_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Edited by Gazzaeverton

A player that seemingly never gets injured is essential also, it seems. I've never used Haaland without a few injuries along the way. That's massive! Congrats! 

20 hours ago, Gazzaeverton said:

Been attempting this for quite a while, with various players, various clubs and various tactics and tweaks.....and finally accomplished it.....the mythical Club 150.....one player, 150 goals in a single season.

Some lessons learned along the way....

Train & mentor your player to the max

The rest of your team need high teamwork stats, so that they are as unselfish as possible, this is probably the most crucial point of all

Let your player take penalties, central free kicks & be the focal target of all free kicks & corners

Don't expect your team as a whole to hit high scoring stats, you will average about 3 goals a game, and almost all of those will come from your player

Focus on training your players on crossing and passing, early crosses and through balls

As the seasons pass by don't chop and change your team too much, as new players take time to settle in and you can't afford to have low relationships in the team, as they will lead to mixed results 

Your midfielders don't want to have high shooting stats or play in roles that will take them into the final third too much, or they will take goals away from your main player 

Patience

Screenshot_20220521-220003_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-220234_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-220320_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-220028_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Partly luck to be honest, usually in the past I've had Haaland get injured on international duty from time to time. I try to always take him off around the 70 minute mark to keep his fitness steady. He missed the odd 10 day stretch, but not enough to matter too much 

49 minutes ago, Gazzaeverton said:

Partly luck to be honest, usually in the past I've had Haaland get injured on international duty from time to time. I try to always take him off around the 70 minute mark to keep his fitness steady. He missed the odd 10 day stretch, but not enough to matter too much 

You obviously played him whilst injured during these 10 day stretches? You have played 327 games. So has Haaland. He has played every single game for you in 5 years! That's insane! 

On 22/05/2022 at 19:58, Gazzaeverton said:

Genuinely found the same thing in my careers. As long as you sub at a sensible point they stay injury-free.