Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Hex codes

Evening all, I’m trying to fluke my way into moving Rangers and Celtic to the English Championship, and in return moving Reading and Derby to the Scottish Championship by changing their league codes within a save file using a hex editor.

So far so good, we’ll I’ve found Rangers in the code at least but I have no clue what to change. 

I’m lead to believe the code for the English Championship is 00 05 00 but I have no clue what the code is for the Scottish Premiership. 

Does anybody happen to know what it is? 

Thanks (feeling hopeful).

13 hours ago, discostu said:

Evening all, I’m trying to fluke my way into moving Rangers and Celtic to the English Championship, and in return moving Reading and Derby to the Scottish Championship by changing their league codes within a save file using a hex editor.

So far so good, we’ll I’ve found Rangers in the code at least but I have no clue what to change. 

I’m lead to believe the code for the English Championship is 00 05 00 but I have no clue what the code is for the Scottish Premiership. 

Does anybody happen to know what it is? 

Thanks (feeling hopeful).

I've been doing this every single year, and seeing your post here makes me want to do it again. I had made the pre-update version (not released here), so I did have some experiences in that front. What you have found is just a little part of what needs to be done, but if you need any help, or simply just want that database, you can tell me here.

On 23/05/2022 at 12:45, NguyenDucAnh said:

I've been doing this every single year, and seeing your post here makes me want to do it again. I had made the pre-update version (not released here), so I did have some experiences in that front. What you have found is just a little part of what needs to be done, but if you need any help, or simply just want that database, you can tell me here.

Hi. I am desperately wanting to swap Celtic and rangers to English championship but I don't know how to do it? I did it a few years ago with changes.txt file but I was told that doesn't work now in FMM22 and need to use he'd editor. Can someone please help me with doing that please? @NguyenDucAnh

On 21/10/2022 at 21:58, Chrisbhoy88 said:

Hi. I am desperately wanting to swap Celtic and rangers to English championship but I don't know how to do it? I did it a few years ago with changes.txt file but I was told that doesn't work now in FMM22 and need to use he'd editor. Can someone please help me with doing that please? @NguyenDucAnh

Lucky for you, I've made a special database for that. I'll send you the link soon, check your inbox

On 23/10/2022 at 13:44, NguyenDucAnh said:

Lucky for you, I've made a special database for that. I'll send you the link soon, check your inbox

Thank you very much for that, i appreciate it

On 22/05/2022 at 17:47, discostu said:

Disclaimer - Hex editing is dangerous and may mess up saves/games.

Now that is out of the way, if you're looking to do this then it might help to know that the FMM game is based upon the same database that the full-fat FM PC game users, that comes with an editor that will expose some of these codes to you.

The most important field to find is the 'unique id' this is a persistent field that all database items contain that is persistent regardless of the game that is being run (and indeed stays the same between versions of FM).

Normally packed next to that in the data you'll find the database 'id' for a class/item - this is the index to that item within the table that stores the class items. This is the one that is usually used in the game to reference the item.

So for the example you gave - the table you're looking to edit is the 'CLUB' table, within that there is a 'club_division' reference which is the 'id' of the COMPETITION that the club is currently playing within.

Hope this helps,

Marc

(heads back to watching the Leicester v Man City match and tweaking this years version of FMM :D )

20 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Now that is out of the way, if you're looking to do this then it might help to know that the FMM game is based upon the same database that the full-fat FM PC game users, that comes with an editor that will expose some of these codes to you.

The most important field to find is the 'unique id' this is a persistent field that all database items contain that is persistent regardless of the game that is being run (and indeed stays the same between versions of FM).

Normally packed next to that in the data you'll find the database 'id' for a class/item - this is the index to that item within the table that stores the class items. This is the one that is usually used in the game to reference the item.

So for the example you gave - the table you're looking to edit is the 'CLUB' table, within that there is a 'club_division' reference which is the 'id' of the COMPETITION that the club is currently playing within.

Hope this helps,

Marc

(heads back to watching the Leicester v Man City match and tweaking this years version of FMM :D )

Do you think it would be possible to make the database accessible to users? I have to ask someone with the PC game and the mobile game to extract it for me. 

Is it also possible to make the game accept older databases or make roll-back possible? Making a database in hex editor takes a very long time and it's dispiriting that any even minor update to the game renders the edited database useless and we have to start again.

This is not an argument against updates, which are always welcome. But modding the game has become so much harder in recent versions that very few people do it.

It is potentially very profitable for SI as well - I made a global league on here which had 3,500 downloads in about a month before an update rendered it unusable. That's on one site with modest reach - I'd imagine you could get tens of thousands of downloads for a functional, updateable version - and charge a few quid for each one. Even a standalone League Editor would be a great addition and a decent revenue stream.

5 hours ago, Pete123 said:

Do you think it would be possible to make the database accessible to users? I have to ask someone with the PC game and the mobile game to extract it for me. 

I'm in favor of allowing people to customise the game as much as possible - just to be clear any restrictions which have come into place in recent years haven't been because of a 'want' on my behalf, but because of restrictions from platform owners.

This is especially the case on Android where its operating system has been locking down file access far more in recent iterations, there are valid reasons for them doing this (hackers, virus's etc.) but it sadly does restrict valid reasons for making things accessible also.

(so now to allow mods you have to do a lot more complex stuff - ie. write code to explicitly look in an area for files and import/export the data etc. ... all of which isn't as user friendly (imho) and requires development time, which means less time is taken on gameplay features).

3 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'm in favor of allowing people to customise the game as much as possible - just to be clear any restrictions which have come into place in recent years haven't been because of a 'want' on my behalf, but because of restrictions from platform owners.

This is especially the case on Android where its operating system has been locking down file access far more in recent iterations, there are valid reasons for them doing this (hackers, virus's etc.) but it sadly does restrict valid reasons for making things accessible also.

(so now to allow mods you have to do a lot more complex stuff - ie. write code to explicitly look in an area for files and import/export the data etc. ... all of which isn't as user friendly (imho) and requires development time, which means less time is taken on gameplay features).

Ah, okay - thanks for the explanation, it has frustrated me and I appreciate that you're in favour of modding.

Would you consider selling a "fantasy" database, e.g. a European Super League or a Global League?

There's about 20,000 users on here and 3,500 downloaded the database I made. While this site is probably not representative of the average user, I'd imagine you can extrapolate that out to tens of thousands of potential purchasers of a database, particularly if it came with the imprimateur of SI and not some randomer on the internet, and if it would survive updates. It is particularly appealing about halfway through the annual cycle when players are looking for a new challenge. It would also be a significant new feature without taking up much development time.

It would appeal to the casual fan who wants to bash out 3-5 seasons as Real Madrid playing Man City and Bayern, as well as to the more involved fan who wants to lead some San Marino amateurs to glory. As it would be a major addition but not essential to normal gameplay you could charge a fairly high price for it. If I can make one on my own in a couple of evenings, I'd imagine you could do a far better job! I have no idea what your revenue is like but a potential extra £50,000 - £100,000 per annum would presumably make it worthwhile?

A global league in particular would work given how well you have expanded the game into new territories in South Africa, the Americas, and Asia - the players are there and I guess they are not as often used as the big European leagues?

11 minutes ago, Pete123 said:

Ah, okay - thanks for the explanation, it has frustrated me and I appreciate that you're in favour of modding.

There are a LOT of limits which are placed on what we can do in the game because we're using real clubs, players and such and they (for very sensible reasons) place limitations on what can be done using their representations.).

I'll continue to try and keep some of the data in the game open so that people can change and create custom things, however the default game will continue to be a simulation of the real world.

6 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

There are a LOT of limits which are placed on what we can do in the game because we're using real clubs, players and such and they (for very sensible reasons) place limitations on what can be done using their representations.).

I'll continue to try and keep some of the data in the game open so that people can change and create custom things, however the default game will continue to be a simulation of the real world.

Fair enough, and again I appreciate the explanation, and that you take time to answer questions. 

Do you think there's any way to make it possible to roll back the app, as you can with games on Steam? This would solve the most common headache for database editing.

12 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

That's awesome to hear. I also agreed with you that hex editing can be dangerous, one wrong move and people could mess things up badly. Though I do hope to see an editor soon - while I'm used to hex editing by now, it can be a pain sometimes.

On 10/29/2022 at 6:13 PM, Marc Vaughan said:

Hope this helps,

Marc

Hello, nice to see you here. Unfortunately, this year became a lot of difficulties, you have gone away from *.obb files, now you have split apk. Tell me please, can *.fmf files work from any folders?

You say that now you can edit some things like in FM PC, but I don't understand from which folders it can work. We need some hints.

It seems that this year the only folder where this can work is the game folder where the save is stored (sigames/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2023 Mobile), but on 11 androids and above there are incomprehensible things happening. After each launch of the game new empty folders are created. If you run the game 10 times, 10 times more folders are created. After a week of playing it will be impossible to go there. This is possible how to solve?

Screenshot_2022-11-15-10-57-40-973_com.lonelycatgames.Xplore.jpg

Edited by Rus7M

Hi all! I need help to move my club. I just want to swap Fenerbahçe for a premier league team. I tried to move it by hex editor. I found hex codes like this:

England/English: 8b 00 8b 00

English Premier League: 05 00

Turkey/Turkish: ad 00 ad 00

Turkish Super League: 76 00

Changed them for Fenerbahçe:

ad 00 ad 00 -----> 8b 00 8b 00 (Turkish -> English)

76 00 -----> 05 00 (Turkish Super League -> PL)

Changed them for a Premier Leauge team (like watford):

8b 00 8b 00 -----> ad 00 ad 00 (English -> Turkish)

05 00 -----> 76 00 (PL -> Turkish Super League)

After that, saved and logined. Informations of clubs are changed (It shows Fenerbahçe as the English team in premier league and other team as the Turkish team in super league) but fixture and league tables didn't change. What is the problem? What can i do?

Edited by TheF
9 hours ago, TheF said:

Hi all! I need help to move my club. I just want to swap Fenerbahçe for a premier league team. I tried to move it by hex editor. I found hex codes like this:

England/English: 8b 00 8b 00

English Premier League: 05 00

Turkey/Turkish: ad 00 ad 00

Turkish Super League: 76 00

Changed them for Fenerbahçe:

ad 00 ad 00 -----> 8b 00 8b 00 (Turkish -> English)

76 00 -----> 05 00 (Turkish Super League -> PL)

Changed them for a Premier League team (like Watford):

8b 00 8b 00 -----> ad 00 ad 00 (English -> Turkish)

05 00 -----> 76 00 (PL -> Turkish Super League)

After that, saved and logged in. Information of clubs are changed (It shows Fenerbahçe as the English team in premier league and other team as the Turkish team in super league) but fixture and league tables didn't change. What is the problem? What can I do?

AD 00 AD 00 -----> 8B 00 AD 00 (Turkish -> English). This is the first thing you should do. That would make them like Cardiff - playing EPL and represent England in continental competitions. Second, you have to move another club away to Turkish league, similar to what I mentioned above.

1 hour ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

AD 00 AD 00 -----> 8B 00 AD 00 (Turkish -> English). This is the first thing you should do. That would make them like Cardiff - playing EPL and represent England in continental competitions. Second, you have to move another club away to Turkish league, similar to what I mentioned above.

Thanks for help but its still same unfortunately.

Fenerbahçe:

ad 00 ad 00 -----> 8b 00 ad 00

76 00 -----> 05 00

M. City:

8b 00 8b 00 -----> ad 00 8b 00

05 00 -----> 76 00

I have still same problem after do that. The informations of the clubs changes but fixture and league tables don't change. Let me show you screenshots:

Screenshot_20221120-085706.jpg.bc85b996a2d1eecbb2e1a056d89ed479.jpg

Screenshot_20221120-085741.jpg.850218cf8a412c233dc049f18ab85c29.jpg

20221120_093259.thumb.jpg.a2e007583105e596eadb064836fac1fa.jpg

20221120_093216.thumb.jpg.c86d1f07c5bd0e754e64a7e2189ee28d.jpg

Screenshot_20221120-085811.thumb.jpg.0aee44d11b950e3bff6e1f520875e8ed.jpg

20221120_093343.thumb.jpg.3e1b27ea70bbb7ab77335e9234dcfa26.jpg

Still the same as you can see. It looks like it has been changed but nothing has actually changed.

Anyways, i simulated to end of the season and started the new season. After doing this the clubs were literally changed. So we have to go next season, right? Is it impossible to change it whenever i want?

Next season:

Screenshot_20221120-092607.thumb.jpg.92851aa44ad3cac52c100717eee1f399.jpg

Screenshot_20221120-092632.thumb.jpg.acfd4f7f5d887b0be04bf5624c96bd7c.jpg

Edited by TheF
2 hours ago, Pete123 said:

Did you delete the cache files and reload skin?

Yes, but nothing has changed. I think i need to switch to the next season after moving clubs with the hex editor, otherwise the clubs cannot be fully moved (fixture, league table etc). Is it possible to move clubs at the beginning of the season?

By the way, as far as i can see you can move clubs without creating a new save and when you create a new save, the clubs are already moved. How do you do this? Is it hard to create databese like you?

36 minutes ago, TheF said:

Yes, but nothing has changed. I think i need to switch to the next season after moving clubs with the hex editor, otherwise the clubs cannot be fully moved (fixture, league table etc). Is it possible to move clubs at the beginning of the season?

By the way, as far as i can see you can move clubs without creating a new save and when you create a new save, the clubs are already moved. How do you do this? Is it hard to create databese like you?

Wait, so you did all of that in a savefile, and not the database? That explains it. If you want to move clubs properly, your best bet is to do so in database, since you'll have to wait for a season for the changes on savefile to be applied

1 hour ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

Wait, so you did all of that in a savefile, and not the database? That explains it. If you want to move clubs properly, your best bet is to do so in database, since you'll have to wait for a season for the changes on savefile to be applied

Hahaha so i've been in vain so far. Yes, i made all these changes in the save file but i don't know how to make changes in the database. Which file data do i need to change? So is there a specific file such as the save file?

Edit:

20221120_175900.thumb.jpg.04e1cb6c18b5f6c7a38aed86735bd1e5.jpg

Which files should i edit (like club.dat)? By the way, where can i find the original database? This databese is the database what @Pete123made celtic a premier league team (fm22). So it's not original. 

Edited by TheF
10 hours ago, Pete123 said:

Are you playing FMM22 or 23?

I'm playing FMM22 right now. I will buy FMM23 at the beginning of December. The game is expensive in my country. It's worth 1/20th of my salary. In short i am waiting for my salary to be paid.

11 hours ago, TheF said:

I'm playing FMM22 right now. I will buy FMM23 at the beginning of December. The game is expensive in my country. It's worth 1/20th of my salary. In short i am waiting for my salary to be paid.

I understand. I wanted to check so I could make the database for you.

1 hour ago, Pete123 said:

Here you go. Let me know if it works. 

database.zip 127.81 MB · 3 downloads

You changed Fenerbahçe with Manchester City?! 🤣🤣. In fact, Manchester City was just an example I gave you so I could tell you the problem. Thanks for your efforts though. I already needed a database and now I can move the clubs I want. Thanks again. 😊