Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Player roles and combinations


Recommended Posts

What are the best player roles for creating space in the final third and all over the pitch, both for offense and solid defense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hahaha! I laugh because it’s like you’re trying to advertise my old article, where I tried to provide ONE answer to this question <here>

There are probably many good answers to this question - and a lot depends on what you’re trying to do…

  • Using a top team, with star players, trying to play tika-taka through the center, or trying to get +100 goals/season for your lone striker?
  • Using a relegation-candidate team, with a low ability squad, playing on the counter-attack down the wings?
  • Etc …

Question for you - Which team are you playing with + what what are you trying to do with them? 🙂 the more detail you provide, the easier it is for us to help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
Just now, DanEnglish said:

Hahaha! I laugh because it’s like you’re trying to advertise my old article, where I tried to provide ONE answer to this question <here>

There are probably many good answers to this question - and a lot depends on what you’re trying to do…

  • Using a top team, with star players, trying to play tika-taka through the center, or trying to get +100 goals/season for your lone striker?
  • Using a relegation-candidate team, with a low ability squad, playing on the counter-attack down the wings?
  • Etc …

Question for you - Which team are you playing with + what what are you trying to do with them? 🙂 the more detail you provide, the easier it is for us to he

Yes I read your article, it helped alot. I think when we play this game we need to enjoy and play it to the fullest. I see some people crying and complaining here as to not getting any wins. So more tips and gems will be needful.

I like to play a very attacking game scoring as much goals as possible from both my strikers and attacking midfielders. I'm currently using acmilan, and would love be to play tiki taka and get as much goals as possible, up to 200 plus a season. The key I need to master is the player combinations in the final third and which works best, so will be glad to hear your thoughts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike16 said:

I'm currently using acmilan

Interesting!

Which Striker(s) are you building your tactic around? You’ve got the aerially strong Ibra + Giroud, vs the youngster Leao (good at everything, but not great yet).

Assuming you don’t go out and buy a new ST, I can imagine three different approaches working for you:

Style 1:
Crosses + Corners from Wide

Spoiler
  • Striker - assuming you play one up front, then either a TM/ Poacher role as they stay central (Ibra/Giroud - with Leao as your long term replacement)
  • 2x Wingers on each flank - probably Hernandez/Castillejo on the left, Saelemaekers on the right - in the AME/L positions.
  • 3x Midfielders - either with an AMC, a DMC, or all three in the CM positions. The three in a horizontal line allows for the wider 2 CMs to nicely feed the wingers. Don’t use APs or RPs in the wider two CM positions, as they drift centrally and don’t feed the wingers. Alternatively a DMC is more defensively sound.

 
Style 2:

Through balls through the center

Spoiler
  • Striker - assuming you play one up front, Leao is fast and would be a great Advanced Forward or Poacher. Giroud is slower, but surprisingly also likes to move into the channels.
  • AMC - surely Diaz is the best long term prospect for this AP role, plus he plays killer balls!
  • Elsewhere - I like my 4231 setup in that article, but others will have better setups.

 
Style 3:

Three / Four / Five Upfront

  • Find a tactic on this site (e.g. a 12232 ?!) which just overloads the attack 🙂 

What do other people suggest?!

Edited by DanEnglish
Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Interesting!

Which Striker(s) are you building your tactic around? You’ve got the aerially strong Ibra + Giroud, vs the youngster Leao (good at everything, but not great yet).

Assuming you don’t go out and buy a new ST, I can imagine three different approaches working for you:

Style 1:
Crosses + Corners from Wide

  Reveal hidden contents
  • Striker - assuming you play one up front, then either a TM/ Poacher role as they stay central (Ibra/Giroud - with Leao as your long term replacement)
  • 2x Wingers on each flank - probably Hernandez/Castillejo on the left, Saelemaekers on the right - in the AME/L positions.
  • 3x Midfielders - either with an AMC, a DMC, or all three in the CM positions. The three in a horizontal line allows for the wider 2 CMs to nicely feed the wingers. Don’t use APs or RPs in the wider two CM positions, as they drift centrally and don’t feed the wingers. Alternatively a DMC is more defensively sound.

 
Style 2:

Through balls through the center

  Reveal hidden contents
  • Striker - assuming you play one up front, Leao is fast and would be a great Advanced Forward or Poacher. Giroud is slower, but surprisingly also likes to move into the channels.
  • AMC - surely Diaz is the best long term prospect for this AP role, plus he plays killer balls!
  • Elsewhere - I like my 4231 setup in that article, but others will have better setups.

 
Style 3:

Three / Four / Five Upfront

  • Find a tactic on this site (e.g. a 12232 ?!) which just overloads the attack 🙂 

What do other people suggest?!

Im building around lorenzo lucca, I'm playing two up front or even three, a target man and fast goalscorers and creative partner/s. I want to play through the middle as I like sexy tiki taka and goals from every angle of the pitch with tons of assists. Playing one style of crossing is so predictable and boring.. I want the opponent to have alot to worry about hahaha.

 

This is the formation I want to play.. just about getting the roles right to create space and defend well.. your opinion is very much welcome  Screenshot_20220527-155535.thumb.png.0def05fe0430ee1424f35133016b78b4.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i wont go as deep as Dan cause i dont know that much about tactics, but when you play narrow width BBM + IWB works amazing. the box to box always goes forward to score/assist while the wingback sits on his place to fill the gap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mike16 said:

In what formation if I may ask

i mostly used it in the classic 2-3-2-2-1 (41221 but with the wingbacks pushed up)

here is an example from FMM21, its the normal 41221, but i actually used it later with the IWBs in the same line as the rp ane worked even better:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 27/05/2022 at 12:42, MatiasDFS said:

i wont go as deep as Dan cause i dont know that much about tactics, but when you play narrow width BBM + IWB works amazing. the box to box always goes forward to score/assist while the wingback sits on his place to fill the gap.

If I use IWB (or just anything besides WB) and put an AP/IW/IF in front of him, will it cost me the width on that flank?

Link to comment
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, eternalaurora said:

If I use IWB (or just anything besides WB) and put an AP/IW/IF in front of him, will it cost me the width on that flank?

exactly, you would think an AP on the side would remain more static than the other two, but they still cut inside, not diagonally as an if or iw but more horizontally, mostly with the ball and not into the space, but they still do it.

if you want to try it the best way is put passing focus on mixed/center and expressive freedom, that way less width doesnt become necessarily a problem.

Edited by MatiasDFS
Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 28/05/2022 at 17:16, MatiasDFS said:

exactly, you would think an AP on the side would remain more static than the other two, but they still cut inside, not diagonally as an if or iw but more horizontally, mostly with the ball and not into the space, but they still do it.

if you want to try it the best way is put passing focus on mixed/center and expressive freedom, that way less width doesnt become necessarily a problem.

So an AP will cut inside... I see.

For IWBs and wide APs, do I have to put them on the opposite side of their stronger foot, like IFs and IWs? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eternalaurora said:

So an AP will cut inside... I see.

For IWBs and wide APs, do I have to put them on the opposite side of their stronger foot, like IFs and IWs? 

It depends what you want them to do. Both options are viable. If you want them to shoot more, invert them. If you want them to play in the half spaces more and do more different things, put them normal footed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...