Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Tactics for securing mid range position in premier league.

12 hours ago, raj007 said:

Just promoted form championship with Blackburn rovers. Which tactics should I use for staying mid table in Pl?

An interesting question. I guess the answers are: “it depends” and “multiple tactics could work”.

“It depends”:

Spoiler

What are your team’s strengths? Who are your key players? What are your teams biggest weaknesses? Is your squad of mid-table quality, or should they struggle to avoid relegation?

• As we don’t know who you’ve bought/sold & what tactic you played in the Championship, it’s difficult fir anyone to give specific advice on your situation.

Multiple tactics could work

Spoiler

Based on my past experience, the 41221 formation be is perhaps the most defensive solid, all-rounder formation for most teams. While the 4231 is perhaps the most offensively solid, all-rounder formation for better teams.

Real Life Football

Spoiler

In terms of playing style, multiple approaches work. Here’s an analysis on slow passing vs fast/direct for the EPL teams the the first half of this season… it shows there are many ways you can play 🙂 

D2C645E1-0B8A-4591-9EDE-B6AC74AB6AF1.thumb.jpeg.7cb53d367c93802d2b628af4ba5cb6b3.jpeg

Without knowing your current squad + players - I’d suggest a 41221 formation and then test some ‘style’ variations in your first few friendlies vs EPL teams.

Any suggestions from the other Vibers?

Edited by DanEnglish

I would play 3-5-2 with wide midfielders, target man and AF or Poacher. In midfield 3 BBM, DLP, CM. On balanced. 

32 minutes ago, Arzii94 said:

I would play 3-5-2 with wide midfielders, target man and AF or Poacher. In midfield 3 BBM, DLP, CM. On balanced. 

I like it 👍

… and if you find you are conceding too many goals created by the opposition AMC (or want to defend a narrow lead) - then a tweak to a 3142 works nicely (I.e. drop the DLP back into the DMC position)…

… if you need to score a goal - then a tweak to “attacking” and a 3412 (with an AM or AP in the AMC position) also is good.

… and if you don’t have a good aerially strong TM, then maybe a DLF is a good alternative.

Edited by DanEnglish
34 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

I like it 👍

… and if you find you are conceding too many goals created by the opposition AMC (or want to defend a narrow lead) - then a tweak to a 3142 works nicely (I.e. drop the DLP back into the DMC position)…

… if you need to score a goal - then a tweak to “attacking” and a 3412 (with an AM or AP in the AMC position) also is good.

… and if you don’t have a good aerially strong TM, then maybe a DLF is a good alternative.

Agree, with that formation, you have a lot alternative for changing positions.

14 minutes ago, Arzii94 said:

Agree, with that formation, you have a lot alternative for changing positions.

Fully agree.

The 352 (and 3142/3412 variants) are also really good against an opposition back three (e.g. 532/5221/5122) - which is where the 41221 and 4231 struggles.

Those opposition ‘back three’ seems to be much more common in recent FMM’s in the English premier league. 

Edited by DanEnglish