Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics High, Fluid, Creative Football (2,3,1,2,2)


Recommended Posts

Hello all!

Having done extensive research looking through various threads I have found a killer tactic that brought me huge success already with Bayern! Although regarded as a ‘huge team’ I believe it’ll have success for a majority of the ‘bigger’ clubs within the game (who we all tend to manage!).

The idea of the tactic is to play high, fluid football through the centre, cutting the defence open, with this tactic I am averaging many goals a game, with a spread across multiple scorers, and surprisingly conceding very few given the nature of the attacking tactic!

Lets take a look:

As you can see I was untouchable, title already secured only 26 games in, almost 30 points clear, INSANE!

E33CCE93-99E9-4757-855F-9968842B84E9.thumb.png.efa8d08ae4c0872401472dbac85b24e3.png
 


0A8B23E2-8F32-43C8-9045-F43D2B6A8CEB.thumb.png.edf5c3531971b9e7fdcb198cca13889b.png
 

The idea is allowing all players to take up a space across the whole pitch, making it more difficult for teams to break you down and you won’t be left vulnerable on the counter.

2 AF’s will spread across the frontline, creating space for the 2 SS’s who will push through the centre, essentially making a line of 4 up front, very hard for a team to play out of!

A RP, to follow the play and provide an option, you need someone creative here! Also the DLP, I have tinkered this role as I feel the DM is always very hit and miss, however the DLP sits back and almost acts as an Anchor in front of the 2 CB’s who are naturally staying back further away from the play as they are Sweepers!

The 2 IWB’s simply to occupy the space in the midfield when the RP and SS’s move up the pitch.

The rest of the instructions are here:

E5A04DC5-9E87-4EA0-B5E8-6382264E40D2.thumb.png.5131ce45a3a2aa12c357753c5de32e20.png
 

4AF288EF-02B4-4539-B4BD-166D831A7D98.thumb.png.f37621e21a45c5c9286f4c3d779a4f5d.png
 

2D689A87-E2C3-450C-9F6C-9A45781D596D.thumb.png.8e5fd4d8d127ffe2d4aef5105cdd3b7a.png
 

I’ve always wanted a tactic that utilises the true mechanics of the game, watching threads on AF and creating space (I would shoutout the creators however I’m new to this and not sure how to!) 

I am certain you will create a lot of chances and play exciting, fun football!

If there are any tweaks that can be made to make this tactic truly top tier I’d be interested to see the ideas in mind.

Hope this brings you success!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, gucluu said:

Does it work for the small team?

Try it and see, but the poster did say it's effective for the bigger sides people tend to pick. 

I'd say from that it wasn't made with small teams in mind. Give it a go is the only way to know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gucluu said:

Does it work for the small team?

I haven’t tested it out with a smaller team, I’ve only tested with Bayern and had a little play about with Liverpool, exactly the same sort of results. I would say it’s more focused towards a big team given the aggressive nature of the tactic, but for sure give it a go! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BraddersFM said:

I would shoutout the creators however I’m new to this and not sure how to!

Just type @, then type the name. Afterwards it should pop up

Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Meow said:

Just type @, then type the name. Afterwards it should pop up

So do you use the overload mentality when playing away against teams small or big? And how did you fare in the champions league?

Link to comment
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mike16 said:

So do you use the overload mentality when playing away against teams small or big? And how did you fare in the champions league?

I played for a couple seasons just purely on overload, I didn’t see any issues especially against the big teams, other than Man City had fairly easy games against the ‘big’ teams. 

Funny you mention this however, as I hadn’t been able to win CL in my first season with Bayern, falling short in the final to some typical almost FIFA kind of scripting, conceding such a stupid goal from a misplaced keeper pass and somehow the player scores from over 50 yards.

To conclude, I didn’t notice a significant difference in play from attacking and overload as the name suggests definitely added a cutting edge with most players pushing forward! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Almost looks like a Jesse Marsch shape but with a pivot in midfield from the off, and high inverted wingbacks.

Will have to give it a go because it's different to the norm.

Edited by Schwantz34
Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Almost looks like a Jesse Marsch shape but with a pivot in midfield from the off, and high inverted wingbacks.

Will have to give it a go because it's different to the norm.

Let me know how your results go! I have carried out a few more tests, Man United, Chelsea all flawless seasons for the most part. 
 

I always end up getting a little bored of the tactic, some games you will draw that are annoying and of course you are limited to the players you can fit into this system, pure exciting wingers don’t tend to retrain to the central positions so you can lose the excitement very easily.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BraddersFM said:

Let me know how your results go! I have carried out a few more tests, Man United, Chelsea all flawless seasons for the most part. 
 

I always end up getting a little bored of the tactic, some games you will draw that are annoying and of course you are limited to the players you can fit into this system, pure exciting wingers don’t tend to retrain to the central positions so you can lose the excitement very easily.

There's a lot of AM/AP players that you can retrain to be very effective SS players though, so that keeps the interest going as well as WB/CM players who can retrain for the IWB spots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

There's a lot of AM/AP players that you can retrain to be very effective SS players though, so that keeps the interest going as well as WB/CM players who can retrain for the IWB spots.

Yes very true, just controversially signed Trent AA for Man United, have had him and Reece James retrained as RP’s, proving extremely effective! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BraddersFM said:

Yes very true, just controversially signed Trent AA for Man United, have had him and Reece James retrained as RP’s, proving extremely effective! 

I'm trying it with Lazio and the signs are good so far.

Added Sosa (IWB/WBL), Wolf (IWB/WBR) and Adeyemi (ST).

5th - P7 W3 D4 L0 GF16 GA 8

Won both EURO Cup Group B games (3-1 at home to AZ, 3-0 away at Fenerbahçe) played so far as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

I'm trying it with Lazio and the signs are good so far.

Added Sosa (IWB/WBL), Wolf (IWB/WBR) and Adeyemi (ST).

5th - P7 W3 D4 L0 GF16 GA 8

Won both EURO Cup Group B games (3-1 at home to AZ, 3-0 away at Fenerbahçe) played so far as well.

I can only imagine as you keep tweaking the Lazio team that it’ll only get better, the draws are a little concerning however I suppose it’s expected being a somewhat ‘big’ but never quite reaching the heights they need to be type of squad.

Keep me posted, interested to see how Lazio fare in a tough league!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
Thanks for your tactics, that's what I was looking for for Juve. Surprisingly it fit perfectly for the original team, managed to engage all the players. One thing I will still note is that marking cannot be used in this tactic, except false fullbacks, and that is very risky. Other than that, I'm thrilled.
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, till malkovich said:
Thanks for your tactics, that's what I was looking for for Juve. Surprisingly it fit perfectly for the original team, managed to engage all the players. One thing I will still note is that marking cannot be used in this tactic, except false fullbacks, and that is very risky. Other than that, I'm thrilled.
 

Glad to hear you’re finding success! Yes Juve have interested me a lot when deploying this tactic, Dybala obviously extremely well suited as a SS and Vlahovic tends to always mould into a good AF. 
 

Personally, I don’t use the man marking feature, I feel as though it disrupts the flow of play with players sometimes moving out of their general position to mark a player tightly it can make it tricky at times. With that said though you are not the only one to have brought this up! A couple of my friends had also mentioned this. Hope the rest of your Juve season goes well 💪🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rehans said:

Can it still work if I just use CD instead of the sweepers?

You could try it but I'd say sweepers would be more effective. I've only tried the original version though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lazio test results here @BraddersFMand I had fun with it! Gutted about the two cup finals but a good season overall especially given the amount of top sides in Italy. Once the squad is more tailored to the system (through more signings to fit the roles) I think it could be lethal.

Most used 11

4pEPTzO.jpg

Final Table

v3cbsvL.jpg

Transfers in

0rD4fb7.jpg

Transfers out

oKtiDGa.jpg

Goals

SjUkN04.jpg

Assists

EbawL8N.jpg

Results

tCSamt9.jpg

uD22vlq.jpg

7RJopIP.jpg

J6uqsrX.jpg

jIbJEmL.jpg

Em0iFDj.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rehans said:

Can it still work if I just use CD instead of the sweepers?

I haven’t tried with any other style than Sweepers, as I stated within the post, please do try and tweak, if using CD brings good results please let us know.

Maybe it could be a hidden tweak that brings even more success, suppose we won’t know until you try! 💪🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Schwantz34 said:

Lazio test results here @BraddersFMand I had fun with it! Gutted about the two cup finals but a good season overall especially given the amount of top sides in Italy. Once the squad is more tailored to the system (through more signings to fit the roles) I think it could be lethal.

Most used 11

4pEPTzO.jpg

Final Table

v3cbsvL.jpg

Transfers in

0rD4fb7.jpg

Transfers out

oKtiDGa.jpg

Goals

SjUkN04.jpg

Assists

EbawL8N.jpg

Results

tCSamt9.jpg

uD22vlq.jpg

7RJopIP.jpg

J6uqsrX.jpg

jIbJEmL.jpg

Em0iFDj.jpg

Awesome season, definitely exceeded my expectations as Lazio’s squad isn’t exactly top tier! 
 

Immobile with a great return, I’m yet to have a striker with over 30 goals yet so that’s class to see what a machine he is! 
 

Definitely agree that with some more improvement in the side you will bridge the gap to Inter, they have an extremely aged squad I can see them falling off in the next season! 
 

Do you think you’ll make any tweaks this second season? Tinker with any roles or tactics, if you do let me know, I still feel it’s quite a raw tactic we could be missing something that is game breaking! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BraddersFM said:

Awesome season, definitely exceeded my expectations as Lazio’s squad isn’t exactly top tier! 
 

Immobile with a great return, I’m yet to have a striker with over 30 goals yet so that’s class to see what a machine he is! 
 

Definitely agree that with some more improvement in the side you will bridge the gap to Inter, they have an extremely aged squad I can see them falling off in the next season! 
 

Do you think you’ll make any tweaks this second season? Tinker with any roles or tactics, if you do let me know, I still feel it’s quite a raw tactic we could be missing something that is game breaking! 

I quite like the way it plays if I'm honest so I wouldn't change a lot. Maybe the DLP/RP if anything. Need a closer look but I'm wondering how much the DLP negates the RP during each game. Does he bypass the RP with long passes for example?

I don't think I'd be looking to change it though when it's already effective.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

I quite like the way it plays if I'm honest so I wouldn't change a lot. Maybe the DLP/RP if anything. Need a closer look but I'm wondering how much the DLP negates the RP during each game. Does he bypass the RP with long passes for example?

I don't think I'd be looking to change it though when it's already effective.

That’s a good point, I have done a little inspection with slower highlights and I’m not noticing any significant problems, the DLP tends to stay further back and the RP seems to find space further forward for the DLP to play the ball to, so I think they compliment each other for the most part. I’ll have a tinker with BWM, Anchor, DM etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BraddersFM said:

That’s a good point, I have done a little inspection with slower highlights and I’m not noticing any significant problems, the DLP tends to stay further back and the RP seems to find space further forward for the DLP to play the ball to, so I think they compliment each other for the most part. I’ll have a tinker with BWM, Anchor, DM etc.

DM and Anchor I'd look at, but the BWM moves around quite a bit so that might leave the back line more open.

If it's a beast of a player there though that might not matter. 

I might see if I can keep Venezia in Serie A with it. I like them and that would be a good test of how it plays with lesser players. You can't spend all that much there in the first season either with their finances and lack of big money players to sell.

Edited by Schwantz34
Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

DM and Anchor I'd look at, but the BWM moves around quite a bit so that might leave the back line more open.

If it's a beast of a player there though that might not matter. 

I might see if I can keep Venezia in Serie A with it. I like them and that would be a good test of how it plays with lesser players. You can't spend all that much there in the first season either with their finances and lack of big money players to sell.

I’ll load up a new save and see what I can do with these various different roles. Venezia sounds interesting, definitely a test is needed to see if lesser teams can cope in staying in the division etc! 
 

Keep me updated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tried this out with Leeds as someone said it looks pretty close to what we expect JM to run with so I was intrigued to run it..

 

it started off a little rough with conceding goals.. am halfway through the season (just finished the winter mayhem schedule) and comfortably in top 4.. only change I made was pushing the pushing both IWBs back to make a back 4 that and it stabilized it.. going forward it’s so fluid and a joy to play..

had to overhaul the team.. (pretty much like in reality).. cbs are struijk and koch with new wingbacks.. got a strong RP in (still have Philips at DLP).. two SS’s I bought were Goncalves (top scorer) and Nkonku (funded by raphinha going with James, rodrigo and Harrison).. up front actually Greenwood is killing it setting up goals and scoring.. 

overall really enjoying the system with Leeds thanks OP!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Darabeel said:

Tried this out with Leeds as someone said it looks pretty close to what we expect JM to run with so I was intrigued to run it..

 

it started off a little rough with conceding goals.. am halfway through the season (just finished the winter mayhem schedule) and comfortably in top 4.. only change I made was pushing the pushing both IWBs back to make a back 4 that and it stabilized it.. going forward it’s so fluid and a joy to play..

had to overhaul the team.. (pretty much like in reality).. cbs are struijk and koch with new wingbacks.. got a strong RP in (still have Philips at DLP).. two SS’s I bought were Goncalves (top scorer) and Nkonku (funded by raphinha going with James, rodrigo and Harrison).. up front actually Greenwood is killing it setting up goals and scoring.. 

overall really enjoying the system with Leeds thanks OP!

Did you go with full backs or wing backs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

Did you go with full backs or wing backs?

Inverted WBs.. was going to try just plain WBs but inverted transitioned pretty well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Darabeel said:

Inverted WBs.. was going to try just plain WBs but inverted transitioned pretty well 

I see. I thought you meant when you say you pushed them back they became wingbacks/fullbacks since you said wingbacks when talking about the new players.

I have mine in the back four as WB's but getting quite a few draws, though it's not with my Lazio team it's on a different save.

So yours are still IWB's just moved to the back 4?

Edited by Schwantz34
Link to comment
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

I see. I thought you meant when you say you pushed them back they became wingbacks/fullbacks since you said wingbacks when talking about the new players.

So they are still IWB's just moved to the back 4?

Yes sorry they are still IWBs moved to the back 4..

For reference it’s Angelino and Dumfries I brought in (player exchanges kept them relatively affordable especially dumfries I got for 14mn cash I think)

Edited by Darabeel
Link to comment
Share on other sites
Just now, Darabeel said:

Yes sorry they are still IWBs moved to the back 4..

For reference it’s Angelino and Dumfries I brought in (player exchanges kept them decent affordable especially dumfries I got for 14mn cash I think)

I've tried WB and FB with mixed results so far in my saves with teams not as strong as my Lazio side. My Lazio side still has the original setup.

May try the IWB and see if it's any better. I find players that can also play CM do well at IWB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...