Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat 3kc - possible? Please can someone do it?!?

Rob

8 hours ago, Scratch said:

50 games a season, 4 goals a game, so 200 goals a season. Be done in 15 seasons...

I only manged to score 60 to 70 max from 1 striker till now in 1 season ...

I managed only mid table teams ..

and not played more than 3 seasons ...

I will try 1k 1st ..

And I not enjoy managing top teams of any leagues 1k and 2k still I think manageable with any club but 3k Is difficult for even top club only 1 stiker 

38 minutes ago, Gazzaeverton said:

VERY early days.....but.....

Screenshot_20220627-205838_FM22 Mobile.jpg

It'll need to be extraordinary with him as you'll not have International management to lean on.

9 hours ago, Dai_ said:

It'll need to be extraordinary with him as you'll not have International management to lean on.

Pretty sure you can get him for Nigeria

1 hour ago, deepheat83 said:

Hoping so at the right time.....depending on how season 2 goes I will either be continuing or starting again lol

3 hours ago, deepheat83 said:

Hoping so at the right time.....depending on how season 2 goes I will either be continuing or starting again lol Here was my starting point....

Screenshot_20220628-112240_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20220628-112254_FM22 Mobile.jpg

41 minutes ago, Gazzaeverton said:

Hoping so at the right time.....depending on how season 2 goes I will either be continuing or starting again lol Here was my starting point....

Screenshot_20220628-112240_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20220628-112254_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Get a fresh career post sorted so we can follow it when you decide what to settle on!

Have got to ask - if a 3k is pushing the limit if what’s possible - is it acceptable to deliberately harm the other clubs in your league?

e.g. your Celtic - you buy a great young aerial ST, and build a great team providing crosses + corners to him …

… BUT could you also start buying all the decent GKs from your Scottish league opponents (sticking them in the reserves on low training) + trying to ensure most of your Scottish league opponents have rubbish GKs - so you score even more against them … 

… if budgets allow, you could also start buying the aerially strong DCs from your Scottish league opponents (selling them aerially rubbish ones cheap in return) + maybe even buy their decent defensive full backs - so you get even more crosses to your main ST.

In business or warfare - they would say build yourself up AND knock your enemy down.

Thoughts? Is this acceptable, and would it give an extra edge? I would assume yes.

3 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

Have got to ask - if a 3k is pushing the limit if what’s possible - is it acceptable to deliberately harm the other clubs in your league?

e.g. your Celtic - you buy a great young aerial ST, and build a great team providing crosses + corners to him …

… BUT could you also start buying all the decent GKs from your Scottish league opponents (sticking them in the reserves on low training) + trying to ensure most of your Scottish league opponents have rubbish GKs - so you score even more against them … 

… if budgets allow, you could also start buying the aerially strong DCs from your Scottish league opponents (selling them aerially rubbish ones cheap in return) + maybe even buy their decent defensive full backs - so you get even more crosses to your main ST.

In business or warfare - they would say build yourself up AND knock your enemy down.

Thoughts? Is this acceptable, and would it give an extra edge? I would assume yes.

This is nice

4 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

I'd say that's definitely over the line in my opinion.

I'm making use of all the little transfer tricks I know (I've mentioned them all here somewhere), like getting rid of players I can't sell by offering them out for loan, then switching to transfer and getting about 80% of their list price, and I'm using the borderline exploit corner strategy, etc - but I'm not using the sell a player for unlimited funds trick or buying up all the opposition.

One or two might be realistic (like Newcastle buying Chris Wood from Burnley who were relegation rivals), but not systematically buying up lots of players. I'm not sure it would even work that well, because of dynamics - you'll end up with some unhappy players bringing the team down. 

So I'd say that's not allowed. 

I'm not the authority for this though, that would probably be @FuddledFox who 'owns' the 1KC challenge that this is based on (this is basically trying to extend that challenge to 3K). Maybe @Rob will have thoughts too as the person who put this call out for a 3KC hunting season! 

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

systematically buying up lots of players. I'm not sure it would even work that well, because of dynamics

Then the trick would be to loan them all out to non-Scottish teams. 

Fair enough. Personally I don’t mind either way - as I don’t have the time for a 10-20 season save. Have just about enough time for my painful Man United austerity + asset stripping save. Just thought this kind of idea would ‘give an extra (unfair?) edge’!

I'd say that's definitely over the line in my opinion.

I'm making use of all the little transfer tricks I know (I've mentioned them all here somewhere), like getting rid of players I can't sell by offering them out for loan, then switching to transfer and getting about 80% of their list price, and I'm using the borderline exploit corner strategy, etc - but I'm not using the sell a player for unlimited funds trick or buying up all the opposition.

One or two might be realistic (like Newcastle buying Chris Wood from Burnley who were relegation rivals), but not systematically buying up lots of players. I'm not sure it would even work that well, because of dynamics - you'll end up with some unhappy players bringing the team down. 

I'm not the authority for this though, that would probably be @FuddledFox who 'owns' the 1KC challenge that this is based on (this is basically trying to extend that challenge to 3K). Maybe @Rob will have thoughts too as the person who put this call out for a 3KC hunting season! 

See to me I don’t have a huge problem with what @DanEnglish is suggesting. It’s certainly not ethical but it’s one way to go and is limited by budgets, squad size limit and what it could do to the dynamics of the team. Personally I will always try and take staff and players from my own league if it can weaken them and the same trying to sell to clubs outside my own league. This is just taking it a few steps beyond.

I see it as similar to the old way of not picking the lower leagues of the nation you are managing on so that promoted teams are absolute 🐕 💩 by a few seasons in.

On a standard 1kc I wouldn’t say it’s really needed to go this far to destroy your competition but as we are talking about 3000 career goals then any advantage other than outright cheating should be fair game.

9 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

See to me I don’t have a huge problem with what @DanEnglish is suggesting. It’s certainly not ethical but it’s one way to go and is limited by budgets, squad size limit and what it could do to the dynamics of the team. Personally I will always try and take staff and players from my own league if it can weaken them and the same trying to sell to clubs outside my own league. This is just taking it a few steps beyond.

I see it as similar to the old way of not picking the lower leagues of the nation you are managing on so that promoted teams are absolute 🐕 💩 by a few seasons in.

On a standard 1kc I wouldn’t say it’s really needed to go this far to destroy your competition but as we are talking about 3000 career goals then any advantage other than outright cheating should be fair game.

Same for me.

BUT I would always question myself with ‘if I do get this 3kc, have I done it by skill or manipulation?’.

But we all use the ‘Carrillo training’, the league thing @FuddledFox said, and other things such as transfer wizardry, which aren’t normal but more ‘tricks of the game.’

12 minutes ago, Rob said:

Same for me.

BUT I would always question myself with ‘if I do get this 3kc, have I done it by skill or manipulation?’.

But we all use the ‘Carrillo training’, the league thing @FuddledFox said, and other things such as transfer wizardry, which aren’t normal but more ‘tricks of the game.’

Master of manipulation is a huge skill so umm yeah, you basically achieving it from both manipulation and skill.

1 hour ago, broodje kip said:

Master of manipulation is a huge skill so umm yeah, you basically achieving it from both manipulation and skill.

I just manipulated you in to saying that.

1 hour ago, leedsunited87 said:

Surely you could do it with TNS, not strong league, semi professionals 

Good shout! Give it a go!!!

Thanks @FuddledFox and @Rob!

Sounds good. I don't think I'll worry about that myself, but cool if others want to. 

I did actually do that in one save long ago (Second Chances where you had to get all 20+ former EPL clubs back to the top tier). Was a lot of fun, but not something I'd want to do often or in this modern day of dynamics, but might be worth a try for some. 

6 hours ago, Rob said:

I just manipulated you in to saying that.

Ah, it worked...

I manipulated @Rob into saying something, in the full knowledge that @broodje kip would respond in a certain way, leading to this very statement from Rob. So many strings, so easily manipulated...

EDIT: Oh... Wait... Rob manipulated us all in the first place... He is the real Keyser Söze here.

Edited by Scratch
1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Oh... Wait... Rob manipulated us all in the first place...

Manipulated all of us to be very intrigued by the prospect of reaching 3k.

23 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Manipulated all of us to be very intrigued by the prospect of reaching 3k.

It's not the first time he's done this sort of thing. He's always telling people "you should try this impossible thing" and people always fall for it, while he sits back and watches and has a good laugh! 😄

32 minutes ago, Scratch said:

It's not the first time he's done this sort of thing. He's always telling people "you should try this impossible thing" and people always fall for it, while he sits back and watches and has a good laugh! 😄

I can confirm this. Although he is the only reason I got into strikerless and I successfully completed a strikerless 2kc because of him "challenging" me to. The rascal! 😂

I feel like I’ve been rumbled. BUT to be fair we’ve seen a 2kc strikerless, a DT with two inside forwards ( @Ian), and about to see a 3kc! And, also, to be fair I do put my money where my mouth is with two 1,000:1,000s, which I am fairly sure someone must have manipulated me in to (a certain Welshman that I regret falling out with 😥).

So @Scratch is the first to throw his hat in to the ring. Anyone else likely to take up the challenge?