Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career 3KC For Šeško? Let’s Go!! [Complete]

6 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

An incredible start and an interesting write up. The lack of ITN could prove a problem in the long run for those nice bonus goals it offers but at this stage you couldn’t ask for any more.

Good luck.

Thanks mate. I'm actually starting to think it may be possible, but another part of me thinks I'm delusional. I'm sort of happy about the ITN to be honest as I just don't like that part, but you're right, it might be something I end up regretting!

BTW, here's a quick look at our lad Cam - will probably move him on in a year or two, but doing the job right now: 

image.png.40b33f340b5165524d8241c686dd3c1d.png

Another mini update - this is why Scotland is so good, this can happen even in the league:

image.png.9e68f33a7db2b708e1725eb3dde4081e.png 

And after that, it's looking like a really good start to the season:

image.png.c15593bfc539ff5a29b60ecc93a10e0b.png

I'll tell you about the 9 month injury in the next update...

Edited by Scratch
12 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

The 9 month injury to Campbell? 😉

Nah, his is only 1 month. That still sucks as I was just thinking I might through all my assist efforts behind him and go for an assists 1.5KC (or even 2KC) while I'm at it.

7 hours ago, Scratch said:

Thanks mate. I'm actually starting to think it may be possible, but another part of me thinks I'm delusional. I'm sort of happy about the ITN to be honest as I just don't like that part, but you're right, it might be something I end up regretting!

BTW, here's a quick look at our lad Cam - will probably move him on in a year or two, but doing the job right now: 

image.png.40b33f340b5165524d8241c686dd3c1d.png

ITN can get very boring and the rate you are going you might not need it!

Branners 😍 what position and role are you using him in?

8 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

If he scores 3 goals per game he require 1k matches to complete this challenge and  16-17 years if he plays average 60 matches per year.

And 60 matches with average of 3 goals per game .. 

Really tough hope who ever Started this can able to finish 3k goals challenge..

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

Another mini update - this is why Scotland is so good, this can happen even in the league:

image.png.9e68f33a7db2b708e1725eb3dde4081e.png 

And after that, it's looking like a really good start to the season:

image.png.c15593bfc539ff5a29b60ecc93a10e0b.png

I'll tell you about the 9 month injury in the next update...

Mid.

3 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

I'm playing him as the AM, just behind Sesko, because he doesn't get greedy and score as many goals there as the other lads. Really good solid player. In a few seasons he'll be pushed out by people with 18s and 19s, but for now, he is the perfect player. I felt a bit bad taking him away from the Us though...

2 hours ago, Superking said:

If he scores 3 goals per game he require 1k matches to complete this challenge and  16-17 years if he plays average 60 matches per year.

And 60 matches with average of 3 goals per game .. 

Really tough hope who ever Started this can able to finish 3k goals challenge..

This is from a previous long career (lasted 23 seasons), so it is possible to get 1000 games: 

colidio-season23-27.jpg

But yeah, this is going to be tough! 

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Mid.

Actually being serious, that’s obviously awesome. Just out of interest are there many games with no goals?

49 minutes ago, Rob said:

Actually being serious, that’s obviously awesome. Just out of interest are there many games with no goals?

There was that one match...

image.png.05e7f235571f90db5bf38602641078a5.png

As you can see, I'm resting him a fair bit, to keep him from getting slightly tired. I'm particularly keeping him out when we play the tougher teams and keeping him fresh for the easy prey.

2 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Wow as always @Scratch so impressive, amazing the amount of goals you can score with one guy, good luck reaching the grand prize of 3K, he will probably be the same age a ibrahimovic when you finish.

Thanks. It's like my whole life has been leading up to this point and arming me with the skills I need for such a task. :D

2 hours ago, Uncleseekx said:

What will you do if a big team comes to buy sesko or he starts demanding high wages that you can't pay? 

I've done lots of careers like this at Celtic or other 'smaller' clubs and never lost a player yet.

The secret is to level up the club with the player and make it the best in the world. I've made it out of the UCL group stage in season 2, and look like I will beat Galatasaray in the first knockoff stage (3-0 up after first leg). I have him tied down to a 5 year contract, so even if it takes me a couple of years to win the UCL, I should have the club's reputation up by the time that comes around, which will make it much easier to get him to stick with the club.

And if he wants high wages, then I'll have them by then too. Because I generally only buy wonderkids and turn them into champions (and have to sell the ones that drop to fringe players), I always end the save with a couple of billion pounds I can't use - but it means I can pay the highest wages.

In the short term if someone comes to buy him, then I'll try to offer him a new contract. Often they will renew and then the offer from the other club disappears. And if he won't accept or I can't afford it at that point, then I will accept the offer and say No when the game asks me to confirm it, and he will stay happily at the club.

The biggest danger is if he gets bored and wants a new challenge. If he'll sign a new contract, great, otherwise he might be unhappy for a little while - they always seem to get over it eventually, but it does impact their performance.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Presented with tears, but no comment:

image.png.04c050abff979cb745171aa389d5d757.png

He's already got 105 goals. He might be back before the end of the season to get a few more so no sympathy here. 🤣

37 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

He's already got 105 goals. He might be back before the end of the season to get a few more so no sympathy here. 🤣

Just hurtful... 😭

When he retires on 2990 goals you will look back and think “if only he hadn’t been injured for all of April 2023”.

8 minutes ago, Tammy lois said:

All the best @Scratch

Thanks mate!

added 0 minutes later
4 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

When he retires on 2990 goals you will look back and think “if only he hadn’t been injured for all of April 2023”.

If only there wasn't a very real chance of that happening...

Damn, only 105 goals this season… what a shame to finish it like this.

1 hour ago, broodje kip said:

Damn, only 105 goals this season… what a shame to finish it like this.

You'll be very happy to hear - he's back! 

image.png.2d3a3433ad8141c07713885fe329f8aa.png

You'll be very happy to hear - he's back! 

image.png.2d3a3433ad8141c07713885fe329f8aa.png

Nice to see I

also want start  1k challenge 

But before I could play even friendly match young striker got injured 😕 for a month 🤣

18 minutes ago, Superking said:

Nice to see I

But before I could play even friendly match young striker got injured 😕 for a month 🤣

Yeah, injuries are a real issue for goal scoring challenges - I normally use players with the Very Rarely Injured message, like Scamacca or Piccoli, but even they get injured. Not much you can do about it, but keep going. Whatever you do though, don't use a player that your physio says is slight injury prone (or worse). 

Also, you have to be sure not to overuse them. I take Sesko off before he ever gets to 80% in a game and I give him games off when he get's Slightly Tired. I also keep his Training on Low Intensity - he'll level up more slowly from Training, but he's levelling up very quickly from high match ratings so it doesn't matter. I do everything I can to protect him.

1 hour ago, Superking said:

Nice to see I

All you need is a high will to complete this. I thought it wasn’t possible at first especially with tons of failures… and first game injury. Your tactic seems pretty good so all it takes is your determination.

Yeah, injuries are a real issue for goal scoring challenges - I normally use players with the Very Rarely Injured message, like Scamacca or Piccoli, but even they get injured. Not much you can do about it, but keep going. Whatever you do though, don't use a player that your physio says is slight injury prone (or worse). 

Also, you have to be sure not to overuse them. I take Sesko off before he ever gets to 80% in a game and I give him games off when he get's Slightly Tired. I also keep his Training on Low Intensity - he'll level up more slowly from Training, but he's levelling up very quickly from high match ratings so it doesn't matter. I do everything I can to protect him.

Do you find low intensity works?

Dude you nailed it!! Amazing start!! I think the correct name for next year's game had to be "Scratchy Manager mobile".. even everyone of us here do your job step by step we can't chase your number...KIU!!