Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe Official Vibe Fantasy Football League 2022/23

FuddledFox

GK. Solid and cheap keeper 

😧D Mainly attacking wingbacks, I think Williams for £4m could potentially be a steal. Granted Forest might concede alot but he'll be a true attacking wingback. Trent is Trent so he had to be in the team while I'm taking a chance on Lamptey, he was eased back last season after his injury so I'm hoping they unleash him this season. 

M: It was Salah Vs Nunez for me and Salah takes it, he's more proven and the fact he took the pen in the Charity shield cemented him in my team. As for Saka and Silva they're players I just really like, as long as Silva doesn't leave he'll play a big role for City while I think Saka should have a break out 10/10+ season. 

S: It always feels stupid not picking Kane so he found his way into the team, while Haaland has to be picked surely? Maybe he's a gamble but the way City play you'd think he'd be up there come the end of the season. For the third striker I needed someone who'd play often with potential so I went with the Forest lad, I did debate another former Liverpool striker in Solanke but we'll see how this goes. 

B: Cheap filler that will play sometimes, maybe not the Villa lad but oh well. 

Screenshot_20220801_092224_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.19e534325768e96b8658bf44c776b62f.jpg

My team so far -- midfield is a bit of a weak spot, so hoping to sort that out before the transfer deadline. Hopefully, forwards will be firing on all cylinders to make up for that.

image.png

Good to see 20 people signed up for the league already. I will be closing the league to new entries when the first PL game kicks off on Friday evening so plenty of time if you want to sign up.

If you have already signed up let us all know your team name so that we can put teams to screen names on here.

First year doing FPL, looking forward to it! Team name is FrogTech

Edit: Added team as of right now. 

0BF086B5-BA32-4BD9-9661-CDFA35D8FC18.png

Edited by jp1742

Just joined the league. Sarge's Heroes is the team name.

Team still in development :)

Edited by Sarge
text addition
2 hours ago, Rob said:

Not taking part this year, but there’s one player who is an utter bargain that none of you have got. Madness.

Have i got him? In defence perhaps? 

I'm in - the Czech Bees shall crush you all. Or, limp to a lower midtable finish, whatever...

Screenshot_20220805-150655_Gallery.jpg

Mate, don't even... I'm rapidly remembering why i hate this game! I remembered that it's pointless having guys i like in my team, cos they turn to crap or get injured, so Perisic will have to go soon. But for now i got rid of Mateta and well, of course... and see, Mitrovic would've been my first choice replacement cos i can't stand him, but they were playing us today so i got Ihenacho instead... the rest is history :(

4 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Mate, don't even... I'm rapidly remembering why i hate this game! I remembered that it's pointless having guys i like in my team, cos they turn to crap or get injured, so Perisic will have to go soon. But for now i got rid of Mateta and well, of course... and see, Mitrovic would've been my first choice replacement cos i can't stand him, but they were playing us today so i got Ihenacho instead... the rest is history :(

I’ve got Sanchez and Ward as my keepers. Ward is great as he was the cheapest but has become number one after Schmeichel left. I was planning on going with Ward this week as Leicester were at home, but I forgot and was regretting it, but now I’m happy as they conceded two today and I’ve got a chance with Sanchez tomorrow.

Zinchenko, who I replaced Perisic with, did get a clean sheet today, so all is not bad.

I dunno, I feel like they’ve messed things up this year with their pricing. I mean, TAA is one of the best scorers you can get, but he’s only £7.5 m as a defender. That’s the defensive benchmark, and it’s a lot cheaper than, say, Salah at 13m. You save a lot of money by going with high-scoring defenders. At £8m, Jesus was a steal as he was bound to be the main man at the gunners. I’m seeing a lot of similarities between teams this year. Jenus with Kane or Haaland up front, Salah or Son with Martinelli in midfield and TAA and Cancelo in defence. Plus, it seems easy to have a complete starting lineup of players consisting only of the top six clubs.

No doubt, we’ll get some surprise players to shake things up.

2 hours ago, Ian said:

I dunno, I feel like they’ve messed things up this year with their pricing. I mean, TAA is one of the best scorers you can get, but he’s only £7.5 m as a defender. That’s the defensive benchmark, and it’s a lot cheaper than, say, Salah at 13m. You save a lot of money by going with high-scoring defenders. At £8m, Jesus was a steal as he was bound to be the main man at the gunners. I’m seeing a lot of similarities between teams this year. Jenus with Kane or Haaland up front, Salah or Son with Martinelli in midfield and TAA and Cancelo in defence. Plus, it seems easy to have a complete starting lineup of players consisting only of the top six clubs.

Completely agree with this and was thinking the same thing last week as some of the teams I’m seeing shouldn’t be possible at any stage of the season nevermind from the first gameweek. I picked my original squad in about 10 minutes and haven’t even made a transfer yet as just don’t see what improvements can be made at this stage. It’s a case of getting all the best defenders and since they’re inevitably cheaper you can effectively get whichever midfielders and attackers you want.

I will shamelessly post this before I inevitably fall away. The absolute radio hometime league position is something I’m proud of considering there are thousands in the league. Just a shame there is another member of vibe doing better, but that must surely be celebrated here also.

BECF293A-2305-41BF-A0D8-A83D1DA14DED.thumb.png.09640629d1f852cf2eefd3ad49063fca.png

20 hours ago, samhardy said:

If you’d waited another 24 hours @Ian you’ll be top of the Vibe league as well... for now :D

Captaining Salah and him doing fuck all in a 9-0 win was slightly unfortunate.

Just about top (I think) but not helped by Gerrard and his decision to not start Bailey. I don’t know who he thinks he is!

Also, Neto had an assist only to have it ruled out later. I was on the ceiling, dancing with joy, and then I was brought back down to earth.

Anyway, I can at least celebrate topping the league, even if it ends up being short lived. I have no idea what to do with my team now tbh.