Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Final Tactic for FM22 (3-2-1-2-2)

Hello all!

I’ve recently lost interest in the game, creating save after save as the game cycle comes to an end (very much looking forward to FM23!)

Since seeing my beloved Man United at the start of the Prem this season completely fall apart it’s made me turn my depression to FM to create a tactic for Man United and make my fantasy come true.

If you had seen my previous tactic, I’ve taken joy in using weirdly built formations and this is no different (Photos posted below!)

The idea of the tactic is to score lots of goals and ideally dominate every team you play against.

IMPORTANT: 

I have only tested with Man United, I’d automatically assume this tactic works with the big clubs however please let me know if small clubs find the same success.

Also, it’s essential to pickup a proper goal scorer I chose Haaland, how dare City take him from us irl! 

I have also noticed, to pick players on the market who have certain personality’s: Ambitious, Professional, Unselfish! These not only help progression between teammates but I have felt overall the team plays more as a team, less morale issues etc. I was sick of seeing whiny players like Pogba and that dancing clown Lingard and not to mention Martial, Christ my Nan could put more work rate in than him.

Enough of all that, here are the tactics:

50783990-BE69-4345-BE98-18A2C53B6978.thumb.png.a445830bf2a15fdf8428b74ead6c5436.pngA2D453F7-A4B8-4C12-AF45-45F9B9357B39.thumb.png.60616c6edbc70ec7b9f91fc5c5b9e169.png0F399070-D9FF-4268-B1A5-02EC91255074.thumb.png.dd4cc8ea7d998823654ef074f8c684d4.png026E5857-2808-41A0-804A-6A8B9C8240C1.thumb.png.7b07b281aa380ca516fb46f6c7afbcb2.png47648558-C416-496B-AB7C-B3E08EBCEBAE.thumb.png.870ae16547133bbb98909a6cdb71cf3f.png

As I stated, a proper goal scorer makes all the difference and I’m pleasantly surprised at how well the Trequartista played in this formation I will post the goals and assists stats below. 

Hope this brings you some enjoyment to the game, feel free to tweak wherever you see fit maybe we can turn this into a tactic that can exceed my stats in terms of goals and I’d be happy to see what you veterans have up your sleeves.

Other than that I’m off to the shops to buy some tissues for the Liverpool game coming up, take care! 😭

472BFF9A-FE93-4ADE-B7AC-5A4063EA4D9D.thumb.png.e446450eda933c9f7493545f04523162.png2B740D9F-BCBB-4756-B07C-D35454CF152E.thumb.png.257e8f89b2ef76ddb2893af1a213d8b2.png

Hit and miss with Southampton.  Lost against Manchester City (5* vs 3* team sp makes sense). 

Seems to work well on middle ranked teams.  Defense is a little open, very open to counter and have to watch what opponents do to close that gap with counter setting rather than attack. 

I like! 

Tried it during a save so I had quite a few good players brought in already.. wasn’t a “top tier team” yet but was on my way (Leeds where I won the carabao and finished 5th the year before I switched).. I liked how it the tactic played but was a little shaky and goals was hard to come by.. so I changed a few things:

CM to RP

T to SS (i had a good SS already and he shined plus link up with the AF seemed to work well with the change)

Passing I moved to short

Doing that with my current team (again like everything it’s about the players and who is suited to what) made it work nicely and have been on a streak so far on course to challenge for the top spot and doing well in the cups.. early days but it does play nicely and positions link up is fluid

just a question.. never really got a Trequartista to be effective (in general).. what do we look for in a player and what examples are there of good ones out there?

thanks!

On 27/08/2022 at 00:22, Darabeel said:

Tried it during a save so I had quite a few good players brought in already.. wasn’t a “top tier team” yet but was on my way (Leeds where I won the carabao and finished 5th the year before I switched).. I liked how it the tactic played but was a little shaky and goals was hard to come by.. so I changed a few things:

CM to RP

T to SS (i had a good SS already and he shined plus link up with the AF seemed to work well with the change)

Passing I moved to short

Doing that with my current team (again like everything it’s about the players and who is suited to what) made it work nicely and have been on a streak so far on course to challenge for the top spot and doing well in the cups.. early days but it does play nicely and positions link up is fluid

just a question.. never really got a Trequartista to be effective (in general).. what do we look for in a player and what examples are there of good ones out there?

thanks!

I’ve definitely accepted that this tactic isn’t too great especially from what I had been capable of.

For the Treq it’s hard to determine overall what’s the best for the position. I’d immediately assume the best attacking midfielders in this game or players that develop into really good advanced playmakers are perfect in this role. I obviously had Bruno, high creativity, great passing etc. 

As the prompts suggest the T compared to the AP just allow for more free roam looking for space to create chances so most advanced playmakers will work well that’s my assumption. However also important to note that they need decent positioning and movement this will allow them to take up superior positions to make more chances.

Hope this helps!

On 27/08/2022 at 00:22, Darabeel said:

CM to RP

Passing I moved to short

thanks!

The BBM to a RP was your midfield change (assuming it was that)?

Or the A to a RP?

6 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

The BBM to a RP was your midfield change (assuming it was that)?

Or the A to a RP?

BBM to RP because with the way it flows the RP roaming helps link up things and with an A and the WB on the right not being as forward as on the left you get a bit of stability 

i was leaning towards A to RP as that would make a lot of sense but been a bit leaky at the back with the team.. I also thought about DLP instead of A as well

i like this formation (not as pure plug and play as the other one) because the movements are nice so tinkering it is fun 

Edited by Darabeel
15 hours ago, Darabeel said:

BBM to RP because with the way it flows the RP roaming helps link up things and with an A and the WB on the right not being as forward as on the left you get a bit of stability 

i was leaning towards A to RP as that would make a lot of sense but been a bit leaky at the back with the team.. I also thought about DLP instead of A as well

i like this formation (not as pure plug and play as the other one) because the movements are nice so tinkering it is fun 

Try a BWM instead of the A. The BWM plays further up the pitch but helps prevent the defense from being exposed. He also still plays a role in the build up. My BWM often will lead the team in passing.