Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Anyone else have a lost/hate relationship with the game?

Rob

8 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

I think it's all down to what you want, most of the older generation probably just sit and play during watching football or just TV, not really putting much effort into it, those others, younger generation, or those wanting to crack a challenge like @Scratch will sit and concentrate to get the best out of their team, so my point is, the difficulty is easy after 4 or 5 seasons because it has to be to keep us all interested, where the PC version is waaaaaaaay over thought thinking, to many buttons, to many brain cells to use, not pick up and play, so it gets to the point where I got fed up as it evolved, and I think at times the FMM is getting like that, to many of the younger generations are trying/wanting it to do to much, it's not a plug and play game anymore, it's getting to be a big database, to complicated in some areas, to much to do at times, it was called Mobile for a reason, and I know it's nowhere near as tedious as the PC game, but slowly is drifting that way, maybe this is where the boredem part comes into play with us all?? Maybe we do remember the Mobile days, less faf more click and play???

Seems about right. I sorta do both. I enjoy the first few seasons because I have to think to put together the team, but it very quickly becomes way too easy. Then I switch to "let Sesko bang in the goals while I watch Netflix" mode (though I do make more changes in game than I used to). I spend a bit of time each pre-season finding the players, then just back into Netflix mode. 

Totally agree full FM is just way over the top. CM01/02 was probably about the right balance, and FMM is supposed to be modelled off that. I don't want FMM any more complicated than it is - hmm, well maybe proper staff system with more then just 3 levels, but that's about it.

I do think they could make it a little more difficult by fixing some of the bugs etc or making it harder to just buy a whole new team, but like you say, they have to balance it to not make it too hard or too complex for mobile and while it's still in my sweet spot, I know it's a bit over the edge for some. Things like morale can be pain because it seems to have a pretty big effect on my team, but going through and praising all the players every so often is really a pain. Needs to be easier somehow - either morale doesn't have that much effect so you can just ignore it if you want, or put in an ass man thing to praise players doing well once a month or something. 

Anyway it's a hard thing to balance, don't think they've got it quite right at the moment, bit worried it will become too complicated. Maybe if they get Touch going on Android in 24 that can fit the medium complexity market and FMM can get simpler.

I'm really hoping for more tactical options this year. FMM is better than FMT in terms of player dynamics, and selection of players from different regions of the world, but the very (very) limited choice of tactics makes the game extremely boring after a few seasons, for me at least 

Marc Vaughan seems convinced that players of FMM have a very basic understanding of football, and we all play the game on budget devices from 2012. It's funny, to a point, but I wish he'd freshen up certain aspects of the game