Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Regista or Nothing

Mr Phalanx

It's been too long. Years have passed. The world has changed. Generations have come and go. But we still haven't seen the regista in FMM. The regista is 'The One'. He is 'that guy'. He is who he thinks he really is. 

Some think he is the playmaker that lies in the deep.  God knows he is not. That brother is no regista. He is Mr Recycler. 

FMM has given us two roles at the extreme ends of the 'deep playmaker' spectrum. The roaming playmaker and the deep lying playmaker. The first prefers to wander about the pitch, asking for the ball at every opportunity, bombing forward and into the box.  The second prefers to sit deep and faraway from everyone else. He's also quite conservative in his passing. "The closer option is the safer option. Assists are for kids" is what he tells himself when his teammate higher up the pitch is ready to make a run behind the opposition's defence. 

The regista is at the middle of the spectrum. Always making himself available for a pass but not leaving his post as he will still remain the deepest player. He's also closer to his teammates than the  DLP which makes the team more compact. And the most important of all, he has the balls to ping it over the defence. He's likely to bag assists while still being the deepest player, unlike our passive brother. 

I really hope he comes around in FMM23. He's Pirlo in a 3-1-4-2. He's Westwood in a Sean Dyche 4-4-2. I eagerly await the coming of The One. 

Is it weird if I feel like a CM sorta fulfills this role in certain systems?

But I do agree that we need more roles and the regista is definitely one to be added. 

Edited by sscout
2 hours ago, sscout said:

Is it weird if I feel like a CM sorta fulfills this role in certain systems?

But I do agree that we need more roles and the regista is definitely one to be added. 

Spot on! The CM has some similarities with the regista in positioning. Not too deep. Not too high. He can be the deepest player while still being closer to the action.  But the CM is not a ball magnet. He doesn't make himself available for passes. 

The ball magnets in the game are AP and RP. You'll see them showing for the ball. And when they get the ball, they alwalys look to do something with it. That's why they have a lot of passes/touches. 

The regista is exactly that. A CM(sort of) that moves towards the ball to collect it and immediately send it to the dangerous zones. Of course, he'll still recycle. But he's a very progressive passer.