Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Position vs Trained Role

Manjus

Does anyone know if there's any correlation or conflict between a players on-pitch position and the role they are being trained in?

e.g. If i train my left back as a wing back because i want them to improve their crossing stat but on the pitch he plays as a full back, does this incur any negative side effects?

Does training them as the 'wrong' role make them a worse player in the on pitch role?

Hope i explained this well enough...

9 hours ago, Manjus said:

Does anyone know if there's any correlation or conflict between a players on-pitch position and the role they are being trained in?

e.g. If i train my left back as a wing back because i want them to improve their crossing stat but on the pitch he plays as a full back, does this incur any negative side effects?

Does training them as the 'wrong' role make them a worse player in the on pitch role?

Hope i explained this well enough...

Based on what I see so far, it won't. For example, I trained my player as Wing Back, heavily in crossing. But I played them as IWB. They still performed consistently, Average rating of >7, and whip in some nice crosses that lead to goal. 

But maybe it will affect their development speed a little? I don't know. 

On 14/09/2022 at 21:34, Manjus said:

Not that I’m aware of. I’ve always assumed that - for training - it’s the ‘training attributes’ that matter (e.g. tackling, positioning), and the ‘trained role’ is just a generic label + doesn’t matter (e.g. sweeper).

• Example - I often would use a player as a normal DC - but train them as a sweeper because (1) their aerial + strength are already high enough, (2) I want to improve their tackling, positioning, decisions. 

• Example - I would playPoacher, but train as a AF - if I don’t need the player to improve their technique.

Have no proof / evidence, is just what I always assumed 🙂 

Edited by DanEnglish
19 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Not that I’m aware of. I’ve always assumed that - for training - it’s the ‘training attributes’ that matter (e.g. tackling, positioning), and the ‘trained role’ is just a generic label + doesn’t matter (e.g. sweeper).

• Example - I often would use a player as a normal DC - but train them as a sweeper because (1) their aerial + strength are already high enough, (2) I want to improve their tackling, positioning, decisions. 

• Example - I would playPoacher, but train as a AF - if I don’t need the player to improve their technique.

Have no proof / evidence, is just what I always assumed 🙂 

I do the same thing. I also train most CM as BBM because it's versatile and based on their growth I can adjust the training or role.