Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Ambition Impact

AlphaSeph

Has anyone found any correlation to a player's level of ambition and them reaching their potential? It seems like it would make sense if an ambitious player was more driven, thus more likely to reach their potential. I am pretty sure professionalism plays a key role too.

52 minutes ago, Superking said:

u find ur answer here about personality 

That is a very useful article and we'll thought out. However, it doesn't answer what kind of impact they have on a player reaching their potential. 

In terms of reaching their potential - I think the most important value is Professionalism, Work Rate, and Determination. 

Maybe Ambition is not directly related, but what I observe is Ambition will have impact in these things :

1. Ambitious players tend to want to move to bigger teams - or bigger league. Theyre more likely to demand to be allowed to leave - and will be enraged when you reject offers from bigger teams/bigger league. 

2. Ambitious players prefer a manager that have high reputation - for example if you take Championship/PL teams when your reputation is only 'Local' they will think they can't trust you. 

3. Ambitious player will prefer the manager to make bold claims when asked by press - like 'we will win the league'. They will be dissatisfied when you choose something like 'we only take matches one by one' 

That's what I observe. 

Also, Ambition Is the O ly hidden attributes that I know, can go beyond 20... Dunno how that works either. IMG_20220925_224524.jpg.5bfe7348f8b05deeb93247f3077750d7.jpg

3 hours ago, Ariza8 said:

In terms of reaching their potential - I think the most important value is Professionalism, Work Rate, and Determination. 

Maybe Ambition is not directly related, but what I observe is Ambition will have impact in these things :

1. Ambitious players tend to want to move to bigger teams - or bigger league. Theyre more likely to demand to be allowed to leave - and will be enraged when you reject offers from bigger teams/bigger league. 

2. Ambitious players prefer a manager that have high reputation - for example if you take Championship/PL teams when your reputation is only 'Local' they will think they can't trust you. 

3. Ambitious player will prefer the manager to make bold claims when asked by press - like 'we will win the league'. They will be dissatisfied when you choose something like 'we only take matches one by one' 

That's what I observe. 

Also, Ambition Is the O ly hidden attributes that I know, can go beyond 20... Dunno how that works either. IMG_20220925_224524.jpg.5bfe7348f8b05deeb93247f3077750d7.jpg

Thank you, that's what I thought as well.

This is what Marc Vaughan (the head designer of the game) on the SI Games site:

Finally some areas aren't 'positive/negative' in themselves and depend on what you want from your squad - ie. your players in the current team are hugely ambitious, that means they'll try really hard to win things ... but equally will be open to moving to a new club if they think it benefits them.

He also mentioned somewhere else that they are more likely to get unhappy during a bad run of results. 

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

This is what Marc Vaughan (the head designer of the game) on the SI Games site:

Finally some areas aren't 'positive/negative' in themselves and depend on what you want from your squad - ie. your players in the current team are hugely ambitious, that means they'll try really hard to win things ... but equally will be open to moving to a new club if they think it benefits them.

He also mentioned somewhere else that they are more likely to get unhappy during a bad run of results. 

Thanks for the great info as usual @Scratch