Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help How to win matches with a man down

Prince96

I was wondering if I could get tips on how to not lose matches when I get a player sent off. Sometimes I will be leading the match by a goal or two but I always struggles to protect the lead. It is either I ended losing the match or end it with a draw. The only times I managed to win is when I am leading with a larger goal margin like 3,4 or 5. Please help a dude

9 hours ago, Prince96 said:

I was wondering if I could get tips on how to not lose matches when I get a player sent off. Sometimes I will be leading the match by a goal or two but I always struggles to protect the lead. It is either I ended losing the match or end it with a draw. The only times I managed to win is when I am leading with a larger goal margin like 3,4 or 5. Please help a dude

It depends on a lot of situation, like

- how long is the rest of the match. Like getting red carded at 20th minutes is far different than at 84th min, 

- how big differences in two teams quality, 

- who's getting red carded, etc

But what I did when my team get red carded is :

- change formation. At least you should get your formation of Defender, DM, and CM intact (for example you if your CB/RB/LB got red carded you should change the striker/winger to the missing post). If the opposition is far stronger you might need to change your formation to 3 CB and 1 CDM

- change tactic. I used mostly Counter/Defensive/Contain, narrow, slow tempo, and disciplined. Use deep defensive line, sit back/own half closing down, and committed tackling. Also turn time wasting on. Also shoot on sight and mixed/direct passing. 

That is what I mostly did, and it works more often than not.