Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FMM23 First Look and Headline Features

59 minutes ago, Chris said:

Yeah I second this. And 99% of VAR checks result in the goal being disallowed.

I’ve never had a var decision be overturned unlike real football when it always is 

1 hour ago, Uncleseekx said:

Why are some of you against 3d so bad? If you're playing on a low budget device, I understand but apart from that no other reason. The game has to move on at one point. Also they should just make it available for the player to choose between 2D or 3D. The option is available on the PC version 

A) Because with the size of their team, if they bring in 3D we will get nothing else and it will be buggy-as-shit for the first several years (and we will get not much else during those years either) - it will set the game back years and years.

B) I can think of about 100 other things I'd rather them spend the time on (getting rid of all the bugs, adding a better staff system with staff CA/PA, making ITN usable, sorting out long term AI squad development, and most of all improving the match engine). None of that will happen if they work on 3D instead.

C) Because I just don't like 3D for FMM. For FIFA, yes. For a tactical game, no need, prefer the top down angle for seeing what's happening on the pitch. Also, having played this for so long, I'm very attached to the dots. 

The 2D/3D option would help for C) but not for A) and B)...

added 0 minutes later
14 minutes ago, YetAnotherDisplayName said:

I’ve never had a var decision be overturned unlike real football when it always is 

I get quite a few, but no more than 10%. Nowhere like real life.

20 minutes ago, Scratch said:

A) Because with the size of their team, if they bring in 3D we will get nothing else and it will be buggy-as-shit for the first several years (and we will get not much else during those years either) - it will set the game back years and years.

B) I can think of about 100 other things I'd rather them spend the time on (getting rid of all the bugs, adding a better staff system with staff CA/PA, making ITN usable, sorting out long term AI squad development, and most of all improving the match engine). None of that will happen if they work on 3D instead.

C) Because I just don't like 3D for FMM. For FIFA, yes. For a tactical game, no need, prefer the top down angle for seeing what's happening on the pitch. Also, having played this for so long, I'm very attached to the dots. 

The 2D/3D option would help for C) but not for A) and B)...

added 0 minutes later

I get quite a few, but no more than 10%. Nowhere like real life.

Fully agreed - I just wish the dots were smaller. Each player is nearly 6 yards wide on the pitch as is, and it has a serious effect on gameplay (or at least perception thereof).

1 hour ago, hhooo said:

Fully agreed - I just wish the dots were smaller. Each player is nearly 6 yards wide on the pitch as is

Never thought about that before lol 😂 wanna work out the exact yardage now 

B61ED585-C417-4AB9-9320-12E2F2E28928.thumb.png.19f567af36726dad3d96a20d72db71a3.png

Conveniently each player fits into a Villa Park square (see Villa’s number 6) so with the pitch being 29 squares long by 19 squares wide and the size of the pitch at Villa Park being 105m x 68m each player has a width/diameter of 3.6m (+-20cm).  Just shy of 4 yards. 

Approx 1.8 Peter Crouches.

Edited by MikeF

I would like the players that are spawned to have different last names. Seeing a "Lautaro Messi" or a "Thiago Di Maria" when they are uncommon surnames drives me crazy. I also hope that they repair the Ukrainians with Portuguese surnames, I understand that there may be some due to immigration but that the seasons go by and 40% of the national team is called Anderson or Alves is ridiculous.

Hi @Marc Vaughan, i have a few suggestions to see if they are workable.

1) managers can choose a reason to resign (sabbatical, personal reasons, not aligned with board etc)

2) understand there will be an option for interim charge but is it possible to agree to take over another club from next season onwards instead of taking immediate charge? Because i usually prefer to finish a job before going to a bigger club

thanks for reading and sorry in advance if any of these have already been added! Also, love the game and efforts put in by you and the team!

Edited by notababushka
10 hours ago, Chris said:

Yeah I second this. And 99% of VAR checks result in the goal being disallowed.

But this is probably representative of real life right? As annoying as that is.. 

13 hours ago, notababushka said:

Hi @Marc Vaughan, i have a few suggestions to see if they are workable.

1) managers can choose a reason to resign (sabbatical, personal reasons, not aligned with board etc)

2) understand there will be an option for interim charge but is it possible to agree to take over another club from next season onwards instead of taking immediate charge? Because i usually prefer to finish a job before going to a bigger club

thanks for reading and sorry in advance if any of these have already been added! Also, love the game and efforts put in by you and the team!

Number 2..I want this for few years now, hopefully we get it at some point

On 04/11/2022 at 03:05, SaintPaul said:

That's another from the play store, so hopefully definitely meant for FMM. 

Screenshot_20221104_070248_Google Play Store~2.jpg

Maybe some new personalities have been added? I don't recall seeing demanding before.

In a current save, Alex Neil left Burnley, already guaranteed promotion as Champions, to take over a really poor Hearts side. I'm hoping for less occurrences like that in the new game. Sorry I've put this in wrong thread 

Screenshot_20221106_192733_FM22 Mobile~2.jpg

Screenshot_20221106_192744_FM22 Mobile~2.jpg

Edited by SaintPaul
Sorry posted in wrong thread
17 hours ago, SaintPaul said:

In a current save, Alex Neil left Burnley, already guaranteed promotion as Champions, to take over a really poor Hearts side. I'm hoping for less occurrences like that in the new game. Sorry I've put this in wrong thread 

Screenshot_20221106_192733_FM22 Mobile~2.jpg

Screenshot_20221106_192744_FM22 Mobile~2.jpg

Not sure about that, Alex Neil taking a backwards step seems realistic to me 😢

6 minutes ago, YetAnotherDisplayName said:

So roughly Peter crouch with his old striker partner Defoe on his shoulders? 

Depends if we sitting on his shoulders or standing. You’d then have to take into account the height of Couch’s head so maybe Defoe standing on Crouch’s shoulders with a football on his head. 

Roughly…

19 minutes ago, MikeF said:

Depends if we sitting on his shoulders or standing. You’d then have to take into account the height of Couch’s head so maybe Defoe standing on Crouch’s shoulders with a football on his head. 

Roughly…

So we’re just under then standing well it we would take into that if we put Defoe seated an then then have aaron lennon seated on top of him I think we would have hit the sweet spot

ether way redknapp never drew that up in his play book what a corner danger man 

14 minutes ago, YetAnotherDisplayName said:

So we’re just under then standing well it we would take into that if we put Defoe seated an then then have aaron lennon seated on top of him I think we would have hit the sweet spot

ether way redknapp never drew that up in his play book what a corner danger man 

I think you would need Defoe on top of Lennon to make it work. Lennon has never headed a ball in his career, wouldn't know what to do. 

We’re up on the App Store (Australia)

customary pic of Firmino this year

and some squad development pages. 

5CF7CF2B-610B-4B2C-B1D5-40DACC3F45C5.png

2AF3F9B0-A9C5-4B6D-892E-BFF4E6487710.png

C714F0FA-DC4A-45AC-8DFC-093ABC21D3E4.png

86EE79BD-81E7-4FDE-B505-1DAE7B6DFFB1.png

17 minutes ago, topline said:

We’re up on the App Store (Australia)

customary pic of Firmino this year

and some squad development pages. 

5CF7CF2B-610B-4B2C-B1D5-40DACC3F45C5.png

2AF3F9B0-A9C5-4B6D-892E-BFF4E6487710.png

C714F0FA-DC4A-45AC-8DFC-093ABC21D3E4.png

86EE79BD-81E7-4FDE-B505-1DAE7B6DFFB1.png

Bobby 😢

2 hours ago, hhooo said:

I think you would need Defoe on top of Lennon to make it work. Lennon has never headed a ball in his career, wouldn't know what to do. 

That’s true good observation but if we’re gonna go down that route should be Lennon for the pace then Defoe in the middle controlling the thing getting in the right areas to score those niggle poachers goals and crouch up top doing Crouchie things 

would love to see how the centre of gravity works out be like carrying a man on a ladder 😂 

What on earth would one of those trademark bicycle kicks look like now..? 😂

21 minutes ago, YetAnotherDisplayName said:

That’s true good observation but if we’re gonna go down that route should be Lennon for the pace then Defoe in the middle controlling the thing getting in the right areas to score those niggle poachers goals and crouch up top doing Crouchie things 

would love to see how the centre of gravity works out be like carrying a man on a ladder 😂 

I like crouchie in the middle. 

This would also be redefining low center of gravity.