Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Mobile Or Touch - Which to Buy?


Recommended Posts

I played a fair bit of FM22Xbox this year which I’m guessing is what Touch will be similar to and for me it comes down to a few factors.

You can do a free trail of Apple Arcade for a month so you can basically try Touch for free anyway during that month and see if you enjoy it.

To me the main things to consider between the games are.

  • What do you want from the game - If you want to rattle through matches and season really quick then FMM is the choice as you can do transfers quicker and simply play games faster. Touch takes longer to play simply as it has most aspects to it and the matches are longer as well but with that it is more of a realistic experience. You have far more tactical options in Touch as well plus the match engine actually reflects how you want to play so as an example I did a couple of seasons playing as Millwall with long ball football and you actually get proper hoofs from the back for your TM to flick on.  Same if you play a possession based game you should see that reflected in the highlights. This does make it more satisfying to watch a game play out as it can feel like you have a bit more control over your team.
  • How much time you have - It simply takes far longer to play a season on Touch than it does on Mobile.
  • Your budget - As far as I know Apple Arcade is 4.99 a month so over the course of a year you will pay £55 (after the free trail) to play Touch. Of course you get other games for that price so that is a factor if you are interested in other stuff on the platform. Also you can cancel at anytime if you want a break from Touch and know you won’t be playing for awhile.
  • How good is your device - I would imagine Touch will be a massive battery drain so if you plan to play when you’re out and about that’s a factor. As will how fast it will process because obviously FMM plays quite quickly even on older devices.
Link to comment
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

If anyone is undecided whether to buy Mobile or Touch this year then @LiamTaylor has started a thread where the merits of both versions can be discussed.

 

That kind of tactical nous (real, genuine long balls) is number one on my fmm wishlist. Fingers crossed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hhooo said:

That kind of tactical nous (real, genuine long balls) is number one on my fmm wishlist. Fingers crossed. 

Ok I always got football manager mobile might do it again this year too. 👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

I played a fair bit of FM22Xbox this year which I’m guessing is what Touch will be similar to and for me it comes down to a few factors.

You can do a free trail of Apple Arcade for a month so you can basically try Touch for free anyway during that month and see if you enjoy it.

To me the main things to consider between the games are.

  • What do you want from the game - If you want to rattle through matches and season really quick then FMM is the choice as you can do transfers quicker and simply play games faster. Touch takes longer to play simply as it has most aspects to it and the matches are longer as well but with that it is more of a realistic experience. You have far more tactical options in Touch as well plus the match engine actually reflects how you want to play so as an example I did a couple of seasons playing as Millwall with long ball football and you actually get proper hoofs from the back for your TM to flick on.  Same if you play a possession based game you should see that reflected in the highlights. This does make it more satisfying to watch a game play out as it can feel like you have a bit more control over your team.
  • How much time you have - It simply takes far longer to play a season on Touch than it does on Mobile.
  • Your budget - As far as I know Apple Arcade is 4.99 a month so over the course of a year you will pay £55 (after the free trail) to play Touch. Of course you get other games for that price so that is a factor if you are interested in other stuff on the platform. Also you can cancel at anytime if you want a break from Touch and know you won’t be playing for awhile.
  • How good is your device - I would imagine Touch will be a massive battery drain so if you plan to play when you’re out and about that’s a factor. As will how fast it will process because obviously FMM plays quite quickly even on older devices.

I just need one of them buddy I have always got football manager mobile but I just wondering what torch? is all about buddy thanks for the help it means a lot cheers buddy. 😊👍🏻👍🏻

Edited by LiamTaylor
Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hhooo said:

That kind of tactical nous (real, genuine long balls) is number one on my fmm wishlist. Fingers crossed. 

If you could have the speed between games of FMM and then the extra tactic options and match visuals of Touch/Console that would be a pretty fine game imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have Apple Arcade as part of my Apple family sub so it’s no extra cost for me. Will try touch and if I don’t get on with it will revert to mobile. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeF said:

I have Apple Arcade as part of my Apple family sub so it’s no extra cost for me. Will try touch and if I don’t get on with it will revert to mobile. 

I have 3 free months to try and do u think I should use it on the touch version of the game buddy and heard touch is like the full game buddy too. 😊👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ll go for the month long trial and try it out as I think I may be finished with the mobile game. It’ll be interesting to see how it runs on the iPad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ian said:

I’ll go for the month long trial and try it out as I think I may be finished with the mobile game. It’ll be interesting to see how it runs on the iPad.

Ok buddy and hope it like the pc version of the game buddy. 👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll buy FMM irrespective of playing or not (to support them). I will first try Touch and see how it goes. If it's a pain I'll switch to FMM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So what’s everyone getting on the 8th of November when football manager 2023 is released for iPhone the mobile version or the touch version thanks Liam. 😊👍🏻👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we don't look at the higher price and the slightly heavier game, I would definitely say Football Manager Touch. I'm playing it and it's great, there are too many details that make me much prefer it to FMM, were it not for the fact that my favorite team is called Parthenope and for me therefore it is practically unplayable if I don't read Napoli, for the Touch version has no changes.txt file that you can edit and no in-game editor. For this reason I am forced to turn to the Mobile version, I can not play with fake names especially if it is my favorite team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moriljnnn said:

If we don't look at the higher price and the slightly heavier game, I would definitely say Football Manager Touch. I'm playing it and it's great, there are too many details that make me much prefer it to FMM, were it not for the fact that my favorite team is called Parthenope and for me therefore it is practically unplayable if I don't read Napoli, for the Touch version has no changes.txt file that you can edit and no in-game editor. For this reason I am forced to turn to the Mobile version, I can not play with fake names especially if it is my favorite team.

I had a little go and I agree with the above. There are some nice things about touch that I really like, for example the animations around the different tactic styles is very neat.

I haven't gone much further yet, but the UI needs some polishing. The fonts are very small, even smaller than FMM which makes it tiring to play on big phone. Some buttons can hardly be pressed.

Also as mentioned above, the workarounds to add new logos or change names are not there yet.

I'm going to stick to FMM for now and then dig further into FMT when I've achieved my objectives on FMM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...