Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM23 - General Discussion

FuddledFox

I can't get my wide attackers (inside forwards on most occasions) into good goal scoring positions. They are always pushed out wide. They rarely cut inside. Very few touches inside the box. .

Are there any tactical principle to get the most out of them whether it be creating or scoring goals ?

1 hour ago, Zeus19 said:

I can't get my wide attackers (inside forwards on most occasions) into good goal scoring positions. They are always pushed out wide. They rarely cut inside. Very few touches inside the box. .

Are there any tactical principle to get the most out of them whether it be creating or scoring goals ?

No, that's just what they do this year. Assign them as wingers (same players, same positions) and they'll come in narrower.

1 hour ago, Zeus19 said:

I use the same 4-2-4 tactic since FMM19, didn’t work this year until I changed the IF to IW

9 hours ago, Adrien said:

How to increase professionalism? Mentoring?

Like @MikeF said, you can discipline them after a poor performance (5 or lower) and sometimes their hidden attributes will increase. I often pull players off the pitch when they get to 5 (so they can't recover and get a 6) just so I can discipline them. 

You have to be careful about them getting upset though. I generally only do it for players that haven't signed a contract in the last 6 months. That way if they get upset I can offer them a new contract and it's all good. But if they just signed one you're stuck with them upset for 6 months. 

I always start by giving them an official warning. Players used to never get upset about that. Maybe it was ineffective and next time I'd fine them. Or maybe it would work and I'd know that's what to do with them (ie no need to fine them). But I have noticed that this year some players get upset even with an official warning.

But the best way to improve Professionalism is through mentoring. Warning/Fining them will only improve it to 15 (out of 20), which is probably enough to be fair, but if you get the right mentor, they may pass on their full value at the end of mentoring (the message when mentoring finishes will say that their Professionalism or whatever has improved).

For strikers I like to use Quagliarella (or maybe Giroud). You don't have any control over which hidden attribute is passed on, but Quagliarella has 20 for Professionalism, 20 for Determination and 19 for Work Rate, so there's a fair chance that a high value will be passed on, even if it's not the one you want. Not all mentors pass on hidden attributes, but Quags does most of the time.

Next, you can double dip. So assign Quags to mentor your striker, wait until you get the message that he's seeing improvement and cancel the mentoring. Probably Quags will pass on one of his hidden attributes. Then start the mentorship right back up again, wait for the message that he's seeing improvement and cancel again. Probably another hidden attribute will be passed on. I've done this up to 3 times (even after it says player x will not be able to benefit from mentorship). That said, sometimes on the 3rd time he doesn't pass anything on (but sometimes he does). 

It's all a little hit and miss, but definitely worth trying...

I might be being stupid here, but I’m sure on previous versions you can make a settings change so that when you click ‘send to reserves’ it’s just one press, rather than another option box coming up. Tried to find it but can’t seem too. Has it been removed or am I just not seeing it. 

59 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

I might be being stupid here, but I’m sure on previous versions you can make a settings change so that when you click ‘send to reserves’ it’s just one press, rather than another option box coming up. Tried to find it but can’t seem too. Has it been removed or am I just not seeing it. 

Its the Extended Squad Movement setting, before loading a save or new game go in to settings then choose Starting Configuration and turn off Extended Squad Movement from there.

3 minutes ago, VinnieV said:

Its the Extended Squad Movement setting, before loading a save or new game go in to settings then choose Starting Configuration and turn off Extended Squad Movement from there.

Ah. Cheers. Thought I could do it within a game, too late to set it all up again now. 

2 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

Ah. Cheers. Thought I could do it within a game, too late to set it all up again now. 

Turning it off in Starting Configuration with turn it off on your existing saves as well as any new ones

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask or if it's been answered elsewhere.

But can we not sort scouting or player search results by ability, potential, age, or anything now? I have to scroll through every page to see the highest rated person that I've scouted?

Please point me in the right direction if possible!

42 minutes ago, jp1742 said:

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask or if it's been answered elsewhere.

But can we not sort scouting or player search results by ability, potential, age, or anything now? I have to scroll through every page to see the highest rated person that I've scouted?

If you click on the column headings (i.e. Abi, Pot, etc..) it should sort fine.

1 hour ago, jp1742 said:

You can sort by scout report. Click view… 

8E660FA2-6BAE-4A81-B57A-691A6BAE1FE6.thumb.png.ff7c60d5181726c751b1084a8c3182bd.png

7CC9C49B-3465-493D-B1E0-576C71E68B9E.thumb.png.5553196f71b352fe0eb77a9fece45551.png

That’s for scout reports.

For player search there’s a similar filter under view at the bottom. 

1B003BEA-157B-4DBD-890D-67E9946AF14E.thumb.png.4bfbab64c122a0473a36661e7e129b7d.png

1 hour ago, DoneHisCruciate said:

If you click on the column headings (i.e. Abi, Pot, etc..) it should sort fine.

Thanks, that's what I've tried and it doesn't sort. I'm going to try and load a new save. Good to know it works for others, I was afraid they got rid of that ability for some reason

33 minutes ago, jp1742 said:

Thanks, that's what I've tried and it doesn't sort. I'm going to try and load a new save. Good to know it works for others, I was afraid they got rid of that ability for some reason

Funky. That would be an annoying bug!

2 hours ago, jp1742 said:

Have you checked in settings\User Interface that search sorting is turned on in your save?

Is there a way to delete comments of this forum? If not, it's needed badly. To my issue, tried using the logos and face pack I used last year but the game won't open. Only way I can use it is only when I remove the file before opening the game, then after it's opened, I put the pack back In the game folder then I reload the skin. Can't be doing this everytime I run the game cause it's takes time. 

Lastly, the loading time for saves, don't know if it's just me but it literally takes 5 whole minutes to load, last year's own took like 2 minutes not 5 whole minutes though the game isn't slow on my device. 

Casually checking through my reserves, not realising this player exists. 18 pace for a GK?? Straight promotion to the first team... coaches having a mare surely.

Am I missing something here?

54661807_Screenshot_20221202_165435_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.cb85d63f34ef46971a1378c0bad12b42.jpg702256346_Screenshot_20221203_011440_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.4bf1271db5d5f523904e232bf6f04fac.jpg

5 hours ago, Uncleseekx said:

Is there a way to delete comments of this forum? If not, it's needed badly. To my issue, tried using the logos and face pack I used last year but the game won't open. Only way I can use it is only when I remove the file before opening the game, then after it's opened, I put the pack back In the game folder then I reload the skin. Can't be doing this everytime I run the game cause it's takes time. 

Lastly, the loading time for saves, don't know if it's just me but it literally takes 5 whole minutes to load, last year's own took like 2 minutes not 5 whole minutes though the game isn't slow on my device. 

It's same for me too. However, you don't need to remove the graphics files before opening the game. You just have to wait for the game to open. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes. It also takes me a long time to load saves and jump to another day in the game. That's why i play in fewer leagues. I could play with 5 leagues in fmm22, but its 1-2 for now. Just annoying

Edited by TheF
10 hours ago, ComeontheArsenal said:

Casually checking through my reserves, not realising this player exists. 18 pace for a GK?? Straight promotion to the first team... coaches having a mare surely.

Am I missing something here?

54661807_Screenshot_20221202_165435_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.cb85d63f34ef46971a1378c0bad12b42.jpg702256346_Screenshot_20221203_011440_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.4bf1271db5d5f523904e232bf6f04fac.jpg

For a 22 year old, he's OP. Also in 22, I saw  keeper with 18 creativity 😄😄

6 hours ago, TheF said:

It's same for me too. However, you don't need to remove the graphics files before opening the game. You just have to wait for the game to open. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes. It also takes me a long time to load saves and jump to another day in the game. That's why i play in fewer leagues. I could play with 5 leagues in fmm22, but its 1-2 for now. Just annoying

My save is on 5 leagues and the speed is still decent. Just the loading time. Thanks 

12 hours ago, TheF said:

So I timed the loading page with the logos in the game folder, took a minute pluss but not two for it to load. Just wasn't patient enough then cause I didn't expect anytime to be take there at all

On 02/12/2022 at 17:33, VinnieV said:

Have you checked in settings\User Interface that search sorting is turned on in your save?

Thanks, that fixed it! There is a setting that turns off the ability to sort searches! 

8 hours ago, Adrien said:

Neuer!

Wasn't even Neuer, he was a nobody. I was looking for players with creativity to mentor my young players was already about to sign him till i saw GK😄. Work permit didn't let me sign him though 

This is a new one:

200307280_Screenshot_20221205-165246_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.5ccf98e18a4e0a06e03757f99f49d71b.jpg2087043836_Screenshot_20221205-165254_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.1614277fc9dcf8c2c4f4c486b30d9719.jpg

Ocampos given a straight red for left hooking another player... funny thing was he wasn't even involved in the build-up play before the red 🤣 even funnier still was we equalised just after he was sent off!

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

This is a new one:

200307280_Screenshot_20221205-165246_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.5ccf98e18a4e0a06e03757f99f49d71b.jpg2087043836_Screenshot_20221205-165254_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.1614277fc9dcf8c2c4f4c486b30d9719.jpg

Ocampos given a straight red for left hooking another player... funny thing was he wasn't even involved in the build-up play before the red 🤣 even funnier still was we equalised just after he was sent off!

Game's not gone!

3 hours ago, Chris said:

This is a new one:

How long was his suspension?