Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM23 - General Discussion

FuddledFox

1 minute ago, hhooo said:

Especially gruesome given how awful both of them have been at finishing this year

Did you see lukaku for Belgium last game missed 4 5 6 clear chances an sent them home (as a Chelsea fan I love to see it, back to inters bench lol) the ball even came off the post hit him an when wide “miss magnet” 

an Martinez gets dropped for alvarez who then played IMO a man of the match game city need to either play him on the left or he need to be leave he’s too good on the rotation like Jesus 

2 hours ago, Titjes said:

"The Rondo" I once posted (fmm18 I think) still work pretty good with some tweaks. There also have been posted variations with 2 strikers etc that also work great this year 🙂

I see many guys from vibe record use same tactics with 1 cd and 2 wbs

After 2-3 editions I tried again the italian language... No way. The same awful and dubious statements, especially in personal mood descriptions. 😒

I feel like after this update I’m back to playing cat and mouse with the opposition’s formation. Before the update the predicted formation was nearly always correct, after the update it always seems to switch to something different. 🧐

It’s one of the things that always annoyed me about FMM22–I could never trust the scouting report regardless of how good the scout is.

2 minutes ago, DoneHisCruciate said:

I feel like after this update I’m back to playing cat and mouse with the opposition’s formation. Before the update the predicted formation was nearly always correct, after the update it always seems to switch to something different. 🧐

It’s one of the things that always annoyed me about FMM22–I could never trust the scouting report regardless of how good the scout is.

doesn’t really matter this years seems to be more about the relationship links than anything else scout reports are to vague anyway 

An with the smallest tweak you can be 3 down but can’t put it in the net without some exploit, in some games it feel your destined to lose (yes I have reloaded to test this e.g top of league vs bottom still lose after team talks, no rotaion, rotaion formation change) defensive football is punished a lot more this years you can be facing the top team but still have to play proactive or you will lose 

Yeah but I mean the next opposition scouting report. I’d expect them to be fairly accurate on formation. Most managers have a set way of playing afterall. I’m in League 2 with Southend and every manager is switching it up for game day at the moment 😁

1 minute ago, DoneHisCruciate said:

Yeah but I mean the next opposition scouting report. I’d expect them to be fairly accurate on formation. Most managers have a set way of playing afterall. I’m in League 2 with Southend and every manager is switching it up for game day at the moment 😁

Even before the update, in the starting XI page of the scout report there are sometimes injuried players... This issue is the same since FMM19... But would be beneficial to have a reliable prediction to manage better your rotations if the opposition is not at his best. 

2 hours ago, DoneHisCruciate said:

I’ve Switch to a 442 that I can change in game to a 4411 to defend or a 424 attack 

playing a 5 at the back vs bigger teams they will switch drone a 433 to 4231 and their 10 is guaranteed to score an then defeats the whole purpose of trying set up for nicking the game 

lol Southend have been the most yo-yo team of the last 30 years 

42 minutes ago, YetAnotherDisplayName said:

I’ve Switch to a 442 that I can change in game to a 4411 to defend or a 424 attack 

playing a 5 at the back vs bigger teams they will switch drone a 433 to 4231 and their 10 is guaranteed to score an then defeats the whole purpose of trying set up for nicking the game 

It’s frustrating me a wee bit because I’ll use players than can only play well in one position and then suddenly ask them to do something different in the 1st minute 🤣

2 minutes ago, DoneHisCruciate said:

It’s frustrating me a wee bit because I’ll use players than can only play well in one position and then suddenly ask them to do something different in the 1st minute 🤣

Lol I’m the opposite I end up with 7/8fullbacks that are also wingers if not there sold, if my cm can’t play wide or as a ten sold, my CF must play as a ten also only my CBs don’t need to play two positions. I am pissed at this years update where position retraining is a coin flip because of hidden aptitude 

Too many missing national teams, and fifa's russia ban and the war in general is still on.

Is there any chance a russian club can still compete in the EURO or the Champions League? Im already too familiar with Russia and Chertanovo, i have no other lower european underdogs with a good youth facility to manage.

I could do a Germany save with like 1860 Berlin but SI still dont have no license for the national team.

The entire point of doing a "Youth Intake only" challenge is see how far your youth product can go in the national team, but seeing all the missing national teams, i lost my interest.

Im looking for a lower league club with a history of producing great young prospects with many alumni playing for other club within the league, a club which fits with the following rules:

1. You cant buy or sign players except alumni who started their career at your club, signing foreign players or even player grown from neighboring club is forbidden.

2. You can sell players to upgrade your facilities and to pay other players wage.

3. You are only allowed to sell your players to foreign clubs.

If you know some, please let me know!

And also, has anybody mentioned on how easy this year's game is?

Im kinda late into this and just bought the game recently and made a Poland save, managing Zaglebie Sosnowiec, im baffled to see just how many 16 years old players with promising and even a wonderkid description (with decent attributes, mind you) just scattered around without club who i could sign easily with the payroll of a second league Polish club lmaoooo

Edited by Aaanthro
Grammatical error
On 08/12/2022 at 07:34, Scratch said:

Yeah, I'm still scoring some.

The 'fix' was to try and make things more realistic not to just 'stop' them so I'd expect you to be scoring some .... hopefully at least somewhat fewer though .... wanders off grumbling in developer ;)

On 08/12/2022 at 21:47, Legend288 said:

Coach stars dissapears.

Was a bug as it was displaying the coaches 'Reputation' which isn't actually used in the game and as such I felt it was misleading.

If it returns then it'll be because the reputation has an effect on coaching (and you'll see comments in the players training reports reflecting that - ie. "Ronaldo has no respect for unknown coaches," "Caeceido has the utmost respect for such experienced coaching staff." etc.).

added 0 minutes later
On 08/12/2022 at 14:15, DoneHisCruciate said:

I'll take a look at this - tbh I don't think this changed at all for the update, but it could be a 'knock on' or coincidence.

On 08/12/2022 at 14:14, Migraz said:

After 2-3 editions I tried again the italian language... No way. The same awful and dubious statements, especially in personal mood descriptions. 😒

Would you mind indicating what bits are incorrect and why? - in all honestly i only speak English but I'd like the non-English translations to be as good as possible and the more feedback we get the better we can make things (we do support genders etc. properly and have dedicated language testing and translators but obviously they're not 100% perfect, much as myself).

On 08/12/2022 at 09:18, Scratch said:

Doesn't look like the database changed at all as far as I can tell

Database update won't happen until after the transfer window - simply put if we do a database update then everyone will have a far larger download for the update (which isn't ideal) ... plus at present it'd be 'bitty' and not contain all the changes from around the world which would frustrate people (ie. why has 'x' changed clubs/wage/ability but 'y' hasn't).

On 08/12/2022 at 04:37, Adrien said:

Nope. Corner tactic not working anymore. 

You should find it works - but it won't be as reliable as before.

Previously corners were far too predictable (ie. your team ALWAYS did what you had setup) and too accurate (ie. the percentage of time they hit the target on the head perfectly was far in excess of the 30% that it happens in real-life for the BEST corner takers).

This has been tweaked now, so the team won't always do the same thing (especially true for non-human teams who will be harder to defend against for set-pieces) and also that if you setup illogical tactics some players won't always obey the settings (ie. if you tell everyone to stand in the same position some players will shrug and consider you an idiot and ignore you).

One of the nice 'side-effects' 

On 08/12/2022 at 04:37, Adrien said:

And with the IFs, their movements is better now but still tend to pass the ball for others to score. Most of opponent teams use IFs so this tweak kinda like making the game harder. Some of the plug n play tactic not as OP as before. 

You should find that IF's are slightly more realistic now they should score a fair few and provide assists appropriately, how many of each and their behavior will obviously be partially down to their attributes and player traits (ie. if you have someone who has higher passing than shooting then he'll probably be more of a provider for obvious reasons, especially if he has high teamwork - if he has high finishing and low teamwork he'll be more inclined towards trying to score).

2 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

The 'fix' was to try and make things more realistic not to just 'stop' them so I'd expect you to be scoring some .... hopefully at least somewhat fewer though .... wanders off grumbling in developer ;)

I already done a season in a new career save and I can confidently say that it is definitely far lower than before. 🙃

15 hours ago, Massey127 said:

Anybody else notice that after the update the Coaches ability stars has gone?

I've discussed this a fair bit - the stars were showing the 'coach reputation' and that isn't actively used in the game so i felt it was misleading (it was a bug that it was visible).

As such I've removed it until the reputation has an effect in game (ie. in a later version of the game you might see Ronaldo's training profile indicating that 'He doesn't listen to unknown coaches' or similar to indicate that he doesn't respect them and won't gain anything from them).

On 10/12/2022 at 19:57, Marc Vaughan said:

Would you mind indicating what bits are incorrect and why? - in all honestly i only speak English but I'd like the non-English translations to be as good as possible and the more feedback we get the better we can make things (we do support genders etc. properly and have dedicated language testing and translators but obviously they're not 100% perfect, much as myself).

Marc, sorry if I seemed much rough in that comment. 

Ok for that. I will try to take some notes during play time and I will send you a DM. 

5 hours ago, Migraz said:

Marc, sorry if I seemed much rough in that comment. 

Ok for that. I will try to take some notes during play time and I will send you a DM. 

Thanks - that'd be fantastic :D

(and no worries on being 'rough' with me, I've raised teenagers so peoples comments on the game can't be as bad as some of the feedback I got from my kids at times ;) )