Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM23 - General Discussion

FuddledFox

11 hours ago, Rehans said:

Tweak your tactic, the AI this year seems to be improving and adapt to your tactic

Oh my friend, you clearly did read my post. Here are highlights:

1- Haaland scored a 100 goals in 38 games in the 1st season, so the tactic is spotless

2- I didn't play for 2 month

3- came for season 2 and can't squeeze 2 goals out of him in a game

4- tried several tactics that used to work like a charm (aka twiked my game plan)

5- results are there - still lots of crosses and headers, just not goals

Conclusion, my tactic was fine tuned before I took a brake from the game, instant change in goals scoring result isn't AI adapting, it's the update they came up with. 

Anyway thank you finding time to write a reply. Cheers

On 16/01/2023 at 09:06, Resurgam said:

I’m 35 years old why am I laughing at this

The same reason I loved that around two decades ago I had a regen named 'Semen Berger' .... still makes me smile and I'm in my 50's now :D

Edited by Marc Vaughan
On 20/01/2023 at 15:27, Oseni said:

@Marc Vaughan

So guys I've been playing fmm23 on an infinix S5 lite( it's 6.6) inches if that's anything to go by) without any problems but ever since I bought this redmi 10c which is 6.71 inches 

They game scaled down in such a horrific manner 

It's totally normal in the loading screen but then it just scales down ( stretch display is horrible btw)

Is there a way to fix this or I'm stuck with it

Screenshot_2023-01-20-21-25-53-496_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_2023-01-20-21-25-22-968_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Did you install the game from the GooglePlay store or transfer it manually from a device as it appears to have the wrong skin installed for your device (regardless there should be a 'stretch screen' option in settings which will make it full screen, but might err stretch things a tad).

Hey Marc! Was there a crucial update to the game? haven't play in couple month

20 hours ago, Varf on fmm said:

Is it just me or is it quite impossible to score anymore? 
So I haven’t played for a bit, I come back to my save where Haaland wrecked EPL with 100 league goals in first season and non of tactics work anymore. I’m lucky to get 2 goals out of him on a good day.
I get they fixed corners, which, admit it, most people loved. But rigging the game like this… 40+ crosses from WBa and Ws. 20+ header attempts and around 15ish successful attempts. 10-15 shots about 6-10 on target and he walks with big fat fc****g 0 goals. 

what am I missing here?

after all (for me at least) it’s just a game to have fun and wreck stuff. Have been since 03/04 (best imo)

@Marc Vaughan

Edited by Varf on fmm

OK so this happened,  i was managing Charlton Athletic and took them from L1 to the PL.. and whilst i was scrolling around to see what teams are playing in the lower league's i saw that in the Vanarama National League North the team "United of Manchester F.C." was promoted last season to the professional league's :)

so once i saw their manager was sacked i took over and hoping to promote to the PL some day !

Is this new? I try to train this guy in central midfielder position despite not having any adaptability in that position (no green or orange) and he actually progressing well.

Screenshot_20230122_140633.thumb.jpg.1d2f6493c83e5eb1461650bc2fdad913.jpgScreenshot_20230122_141334.thumb.jpg.1b7ab403bb68511915b579046bc5c0b5.jpg

1 hour ago, Spencer08 said:

Is this new? I try to train this guy in central midfielder position despite not having any adaptability in that position (no green or orange) and he actually progressing well.

Screenshot_20230122_140633.thumb.jpg.1d2f6493c83e5eb1461650bc2fdad913.jpgScreenshot_20230122_141334.thumb.jpg.1b7ab403bb68511915b579046bc5c0b5.jpg

Most young players can be trained to any role with patience. As they get older they become more reluctant to retrain. Unless very old and then they may ask you to retrain to different role to extend career 

1 hour ago, Spencer08 said:

Not entirely new. Some even managed to turn a CD to a Striker *cough *cough Ajer

2 hours ago, MikeF said:

Most young players can be trained to any role with patience. As they get older they become more reluctant to retrain. Unless very old and then they may ask you to retrain to different role to extend career 

I did try to retrain my DM regen to CB but it doesnt work after couple of month and my assman want it to end so it could be depend on the player itself.

1 hour ago, broodje kip said:

Not entirely new. Some even managed to turn a CD to a Striker *cough *cough Ajer

Did Ajer actually could play striker just not natural ?

38 minutes ago, Spencer08 said:

Did Ajer actually could play striker just not natural ?

Well in FM, no. But irl, he actually played as striker earlier in his career.

4 hours ago, Spencer08 said:

Not new at all, but you have to have patience and some players will retrain better than others based on their hidden attributes (there are things like adaptability and versatility). 

Actually I did a TT with 3 retrained CDs a few years ago: https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/45373-scratch-presents-the-john-charles-tt-complete/

22 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Not new at all, but you have to have patience and some players will retrain better than others based on their hidden attributes (there are things like adaptability and versatility). 

Actually I did a TT with 3 retrained CDs a few years ago: https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/45373-scratch-presents-the-john-charles-tt-complete/

So you just ignore it when your assistant telling you to end the drill because I always gave up on it everytime this message pop-up.

5 minutes ago, Spencer08 said:

So you just ignore it when your assistant telling you to end the drill because I always gave up on it everytime this message pop-up.

I generally ignore it unless they start getting too unhappy (ie message in their personal screen), in which case I will put them back on their normal position for a week (so they are happy) and then put them back on the one I want them to be after that. And rinse and repeat.

Some player may never get there, but most young players will eventually.

28 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I generally ignore it unless they start getting too unhappy (ie message in their personal screen), in which case I will put them back on their normal position for a week (so they are happy) and then put them back on the one I want them to be after that. And rinse and repeat.

Some player may never get there, but most young players will eventually.

Thanks for the tip. I thought it was new because I try it on the previous version and never had any success.

5 minutes ago, Resurgam said:

Just fielded my 2nd team in a cup game. Been playing FM since 2008 and never won 11-2 before 😂1E367C53-634F-45A5-9152-0AE965F97463.thumb.png.9152461ebe2842a8286da497d0c9abdb.png

Great job! You are obviously doing something right there!

Also... I can't tell you how it warms my heart to see Sunderland doing so well! 🤣 

1 hour ago, Resurgam said:

Just fielded my 2nd team in a cup game. Been playing FM since 2008 and never won 11-2 before 😂1E367C53-634F-45A5-9152-0AE965F97463.thumb.png.9152461ebe2842a8286da497d0c9abdb.png

Having John-Jules and Balogun in your 2nd team definitely helps. Wonder how powerful the first team looks like. 🤣

7 hours ago, Mert59 said:

Hi guys my first post here What do you think of this player and where would you play him and what role?

Screenshot_2023-01-23-01-52-34-155_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

AM role at the AMC position 

On 22/01/2023 at 03:45, Marc Vaughan said:

Did you install the game from the GooglePlay store or transfer it manually from a device as it appears to have the wrong skin installed for your device (regardless there should be a 'stretch screen' option in settings which will make it full screen, but might err stretch things a tad).

I used the playstore 

And the stretch screen is just horrendous 

Hey guys, my FM mobile 23 doesn't seem to be saving the system settings. Everytime I bring up the game, I go through the initial set up, optimising the game, enabling or disabling the the helper. On top of that, none of the system changes I make saves too, for example, setting decimal, currency, and trained roles. 

I'm using an Android and downloaded from Play store.

On 22/01/2023 at 16:03, broodje kip said:

Having John-Jules and Balogun in your 2nd team definitely helps. Wonder how powerful the first team looks like. 🤣

Not great only survived in the premier league by the skin of my teeth 😂

Balogun on loan and John-Jules was awful in the league after buying him for 2m, he’s now transfer listed 😂

15 hours ago, MikeF said:

What does it say when you click on it?

I mentor him with Dan James to increase teamwork and he lost mercenary after being sold for 5x profit (force stop mentoring). 

@Marc Vaughan most of the regen i found is aggresive, coincidence? Also newly promoted youngsters with mercenary do you know why? Is it a trait they carry from their before?

Screenshot_20230125_195034_FM23 Mobile.jpg