Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM23 - General Discussion

FuddledFox

12 hours ago, Lagom said:

Is this normal? I’ve just loaded a new save as Ajax, and they have no staff on the books..

Hide contents

10941698-E8A2-445F-B9C6-42BCF89201FE.thumb.png.b954fcd87e91aef2f3339da25b40efe9.png

Don't worry, it's not a bug, due to licencing issues, all the Ajax Amsterdam staff have been removed. 

Hi, back after long time. Bought fm again, was thinking about getting the editor too for editing stats that I feel are wrong. So anyway, is there any change to the editor? Like freeze player or improve set piece ability or anything new? Haven't played since fmm21

6 hours ago, MohitMax Roy said:

Hi, back after long time. Bought fm again, was thinking about getting the editor too for editing stats that I feel are wrong. So anyway, is there any change to the editor? Like freeze player or improve set piece ability or anything new? Haven't played since fmm21

Nothing new sadly.

anyone know how true this article rings with the mobile version e.g physical development best before 18 (an physicals at younger age will improve there form for you more than technical/mental)  an for the most part be peaked out by 24.

would mean there’s no point eg training a youngster as a AP,BPD or complete forward an are better off maximising there physical with a simpler role that trains mostly these attributes like training a young poacher as a target forward an work in the technical/mentals after say 21

https://twoplaymakers.com/at-what-age-do-players-stop-improving-in-football-manager/

Is there anyway to edit hidden attributes (and coach stats)? I heard there were some external apps in fmm21. The editor is very limited. 

I would prefer not having to use hex. 

On 16/01/2023 at 17:36, Woody said:

Isnt that Japanese bloke still going...Miura. not sure if you find him if you load up all the asian leagues. Plays in the J-League and he is 55.

Looks like he will be in game after the update, would be a nice challenge idea 

image.thumb.png.8fb210a54fa628f6a365e2bacf33d670.png

3 hours ago, Kun Aguero said:

Looks like he will be in game after the update, would be a nice challenge idea 

image.thumb.png.8fb210a54fa628f6a365e2bacf33d670.png

Crazy that he is still going. Looks fit as a fiddle too.

Any chance for russian league to be integrated to european comps again? Feel pointless to be in the game. Maybe replacing it with other licensed league like latvian in the update or future game can do.

6 hours ago, VinnieV said:

Anyone have any idea when the next patch will be released? Its been 2 months since the last one which seems to be unusual for these games.

Transfer update usually early March

I haven’t bought yet the FMM 23 as I am trying the FM touch version. Can anyone tell me if the trophy cabinet this year includes the previous trophies that each team has won? Or is it starting from 0. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, nikcgt7 said:

I haven’t bought yet the FMM 23 as I am trying the FM touch version. Can anyone tell me if the trophy cabinet this year includes the previous trophies that each team has won? Or is it starting from 0. Thanks. 

Starting from 0

3 minutes ago, Meestercat said:

This game is the most frustrating version I think I've ever encountered! 

Really is 😂

also, up the b*****d argyle 💚

2 hours ago, Meestercat said:

This game is the most frustrating version I think I've ever encountered! 

Out of interest, why? Seems pretty good to me.

On 04/02/2023 at 20:04, VinnieV said:

Anyone have any idea when the next patch will be released? Its been 2 months since the last one which seems to be unusual for these games.

Not unusual at all, they hardly ever patch or change the game. Can't create new bugs if the content never changes! Haha

7 hours ago, Scratch said:

I'm finding it so difficult to find a tactic that works, is the main reason. Now I'm not after some uber, ME breaking tactic, just something realistic that I can see is functional and I can tweak over time as my team evolves. However everything I try seems so disfunctional. 

A second factor is that my team's results are so swingy. They'll beat a title contender one week, then lose to the bottom club the week after. 

I can appreciate these are my failings to a degree, but I'm finding that the more complexity is added to the Mobile version, the harder it becomes to actually manage it all and deal with the inter connectivity between all the moving parts - morale, team talks, personalities, PPMs (or whatever they are called now), role behaviours, mentalities, tactical styles...

On 22/01/2023 at 14:05, Resurgam said:

Just fielded my 2nd team in a cup game. Been playing FM since 2008 and never won 11-2 before 😂1E367C53-634F-45A5-9152-0AE965F97463.thumb.png.9152461ebe2842a8286da497d0c9abdb.png

What’s your tactics mate, are you still using 424 Keegan style if so any chance you post it, I’m dying a slow death on my current save with Dulwich Hamlet 

9 hours ago, Scratch said:

The amount of bugs this game have, it is way too much. Specially taking into account that releasing a game every year with incremental changes should give us a polished experience, if somewhat samey. But we got the samey without the polished part. 

Badly need a good offensive formation that makes the game enjoyable scoring goals but can still get results (maybe that’s impossible), not too hard to set up a 5 at the back formation and scrape a 1-0 win imo but where’s the fun in that 

im currently in League 1 with dulwich hamlet 

my team is full of superstar kids(yes I know kids they need time to gel, mature etc)

but my problem is if I go on holiday mode I pretty much can beat any team in the world and I mean any team “currently won the super cup against juve”(yes uefa cup in league 2 completed it 😉)

problem is I’d rather control the games myself and when I do it’s more enjoyable except after a few nice big wins I come up against for example at the moment Rotherham and cannot for the life of me beat them and I mean they thump me every time I reload a new formation even.

Btw I’ve tried nearly every formation in the tactics section and find it crazy how so many lads swear by their tactics being amazing and they’re playing as man city,Bayern, Dortmund, Barcelona, juventus etc basically the top tier from most leagues. 

I’ll attach my most current attempt to beat the mighty Rotherham lost 5-1 

Was using some tactic on forum “West Ham 433 plug and play”

also I don’t use data editor BUT when I started the game in vanarama south I purchased the best youth academy and training facilities so I’ve had some amazing talents coming thru every year.

my coaches are all now gold badge too from passing their exams,(I’m sure I’m not the only one that does this but save the game before they take the test and if they fail just reload and keep sending him/her until they pass 🤷🏼‍♂️)

08A96B40-1DC6-4ACD-823D-E59ED1848F56.jpeg

0B02D0F0-B4F0-4122-8EF0-1FB218E450C4.png

2 hours ago, Nyall6 said:

Badly need a good offensive formation that makes the game enjoyable scoring goals but can still get results (maybe that’s impossible), not too hard to set up a 5 at the back formation and scrape a 1-0 win imo but where’s the fun in that 

im currently in League 1 with dulwich hamlet 

my team is full of superstar kids(yes I know kids they need time to gel, mature etc)

but my problem is if I go on holiday mode I pretty much can beat any team in the world and I mean any team “currently won the super cup against juve”(yes uefa cup in league 2 completed it 😉)

problem is I’d rather control the games myself and when I do it’s more enjoyable except after a few nice big wins I come up against for example at the moment Rotherham and cannot for the life of me beat them and I mean they thump me every time I reload a new formation even.

Btw I’ve tried nearly every formation in the tactics section and find it crazy how so many lads swear by their tactics being amazing and they’re playing as man city,Bayern, Dortmund, Barcelona, juventus etc basically the top tier from most leagues. 

I’ll attach my most current attempt to beat the mighty Rotherham lost 5-1 

also I don’t use data editor BUT when I started the game in vanarama south I purchased the best youth academy and training facilities so I’ve had some amazing talents coming thru every year.

my coaches are all now gold badge too from passing their exams,(I’m sure I’m not the only one that does this but save the game before they take the test and if they fail just reload and keep sending him/her until they pass 🤷🏼‍♂️)

08A96B40-1DC6-4ACD-823D-E59ED1848F56.jpeg

0B02D0F0-B4F0-4122-8EF0-1FB218E450C4.png

From my own experience, and this may differ from others.

You need to be aggressive in the lower leagues. Teams will come for you if you arent especially in midfield. 

Just check you players aggression also alot of tactics have been used with teams higher up and have far better players so take that into consideration.

Go with a basic 4321 with INF and just play it simple and tweek as you go. Not everything works but rinse and repeat doesnt either.

Run a test save with another league 1 club and play 10 league games or so. Repeat those 10 or so games with a tweak each time till you find someyhing consistant. I know its time consuming but its rewarding.

Best of luck.

1 hour ago, Nyall6 said:

That’s the overload tactic using 2 x IFs - right? 

Firstly, the IFs role got an update (in end-Nov / early Dec?) - so any tactic posted before that time, which uses IFs, will perform differently (often WORSE).

Secondly, that tactic (with the IF role tweaks) really relies on the PF to score goals.

• Is your ST aerially dominant (16-20 aerial + strength) to score headers from your WBs crosses?
  • Is your ST much faster / much better than the opposition defenders? Otherwise he may not score many.
  • Does your B2B have good movement + shooting? As they should get some decent quality chances against an opposition back 4 … 

Thirdly, that tactics uses overload, high line, all-over press, high creative freedom, high tempo … that’s asking A LOT from your young team. 

Lastly, you’ve scored 10 goals in 4 competitive games. Including beating Juve! While I understand you want a better tactic + want to score more - your team are already doing very very well!

I'm having fun again with my own tactic, I posted it in a thread (The Black Hawk). It's not a sure thing, but at times all team is involved in the attack plays and the IFs are not worthless.

It's a 4123 formation with control mindset.

Oh, it takes some time for it to start working, it's a common thing with everyone who tested it. The players may have a hard time first few weeks/months to get around to it.

Edited by Black Hawk
29 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

That’s the overload tactic using 2 x IFs - right? 

Firstly, the IFs role got an update (in end-Nov / early Dec?) - so any tactic posted before that time, which uses IFs, will perform differently (often WORSE).

Secondly, that tactic (with the IF role tweaks) really relies on the PF to score goals.

• Is your ST aerially dominant (16-20 aerial + strength) to score headers from your WBs crosses?
  • Is your ST much faster / much better than the opposition defenders? Otherwise he may not score many.
  • Does your B2B have good movement + shooting? As they should get some decent quality chances against an opposition back 4 … 

Thirdly, that tactics uses overload, high line, all-over press, high creative freedom, high tempo … that’s asking A LOT from your young team. 

Lastly, you’ve scored 10 goals in 4 competitive games. Including beating Juve! While I understand you want a better tactic + want to score more - your team are already doing very very well!

Yeah but also conceded 13 goals and only one of them was from juve😂

I did few adjustments to watch you suggested, my best heading striker has a 12 rating 

changed the b2b midfield to the best midfielder 

and started my best crossing left and right backs 

lost only 2-0 😂

like I know if I go on holiday the computer will beat Rotherham 4/5 times just bugs me when I’m playing home against most teams then all a sudden random team are unbeatable even when I start tweaking formations 

oh yeah spot on the West Ham overload 433 tactic 

48 minutes ago, Woody said:

From my own experience, and this may differ from others.

You need to be aggressive in the lower leagues. Teams will come for you if you arent especially in midfield. 

Just check you players aggression also alot of tactics have been used with teams higher up and have far better players so take that into consideration.

Go with a basic 4321 with INF and just play it simple and tweek as you go. Not everything works but rinse and repeat doesnt either.

Run a test save with another league 1 club and play 10 league games or so. Repeat those 10 or so games with a tweak each time till you find someyhing consistant. I know its time consuming but its rewarding.

Best of luck.

Will give a go, just sometimes feel I waste months in the game giving different tactics a chance to work and end up reverting back to my usual super offensive tactic with the motto you score but I score more 

12 minutes ago, Nyall6 said:

Will give a go, just sometimes feel I waste months in the game giving different tactics a chance to work and end up reverting back to my usual super offensive tactic with the motto you score but I score more 

That's a mistake. I'm yet to see a tactic that works imediately, usually all of them needs a few months to start working. Give them a full season to perform.

The other thing to remember is that there is no "use this tactic to win 100% of the time" in this version. If you use the same tactic over and over, the AI 'learns' it and will regularly play a formation that counters it and you'll likely have a run of bad results. I'm sure if you go back and check what formation was played against you when you lose, you'll find it's almost always the same (or very similar) formation. The trick is to recognise what formation "beats" yours and then tweak it, either pre-game (the coach report is usually correct about the opposite formation) or during the match to find what makes it work again. It could be something as simple as moving a forward into the SS position, or moving a midfielder into defence, or evening changing the team mentality or passing focus. The veterans on here (like those that do the 1/2/3K challenges or full careers) have spent a long time analysing their tactics and watching the extended highlights to know what changes they need to make in order to win. @DanEnglish has done a few posts on 'tactics problems' and goes into detail about what you need to check and how you go about solving the problems - definitely worth a look.

15 minutes ago, HudsonOfSmeg said:

The other thing to remember is that there is no "use this tactic to win 100% of the time" in this version. If you use the same tactic over and over, the AI 'learns' it and will regularly play a formation that counters it and you'll likely have a run of bad results. I'm sure if you go back and check what formation was played against you when you lose, you'll find it's almost always the same (or very similar) formation. The trick is to recognise what formation "beats" yours and then tweak it, either pre-game (the coach report is usually correct about the opposite formation) or during the match to find what makes it work again. It could be something as simple as moving a forward into the SS position, or moving a midfielder into defence, or evening changing the team mentality or passing focus. The veterans on here (like those that do the 1/2/3K challenges or full careers) have spent a long time analysing their tactics and watching the extended highlights to know what changes they need to make in order to win. @DanEnglish has done a few posts on 'tactics problems' and goes into detail about what you need to check and how you go about solving the problems - definitely worth a look.

I wouldn’t usually expect to win 100% but this time I’m just fed up it’s not exactly a 1-0 2-1 beating it’s 5-0 thumping most attempts. It’s frustrating when every single player in my squad is far superior to Rotherham’s and when I able to win the uefa cup, league cup etc, even computer beats them easily on holiday mode everytime .But then  How is it I lose everytime to them 5-1, 6-2, 5-0 2-0 etc I’ve tried maybe 8 different tactics at this stage. I get it that I can’t expect to win all games but the difference is quality of players alone even if I played no one at the back I should be still winning 10-9 or something 

I’ll attach the profile of Washington for Rotherham who banged in a hattrick in the 5-1 thumping 

and I’ll attach few of my main starting superstar kids in my team 

there’s no way league 1 Rotherham should be thumping these players no matter what formation I play.

86532C7D-6A76-4A1B-AD9F-30D693991BDF.png

0C2008F6-BFB3-4582-84C0-753D400EFE27.png

DF143E5F-31DE-4A6C-95A9-259E87AA178E.png

B5CE7FA1-8E0A-4116-829D-0429DC0B03EB.png

21EEAFBB-A860-4119-8A32-2CA4B88B30B1.png

82CEA1D9-91A9-436C-A35A-C76B49B711B1.png

013D1EC6-3638-4366-B178-B2C55E0AF69F.png

BE61877C-E262-4C6B-8C56-87EF5AA555AA.png

071EF377-6730-40A7-B640-38E5EDD17A2A.png